Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: American Zofingen [tetsuoni] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Don't forget Dr. Jones' gloves. Oh wait, those were your daughters.

The workouts have culminated. Pain has been endured and will most certainly be inflicted.
After sacrificing one of my compadres and a year of rehab, I am back to try and claim more of tetsuoni's steins (seeing as I have lost all speed and unable to take money). Which are, by the way, much more valuable than his moolah. Seeing as I've been training in 30 degree weather since November, my greatest wish is that G. Chris' spirit decends upon Mohonk to give us EPIC weather, for which I am more than prepared for (and will undoubtedly wilt ML's legs and spirit, in whichever of the Junior races he is doing). Something in there about ML having an upper hand? Lets not forget that is an evil....limp wristed....upper hand.
And oh yeah, Josh Beck even splits the runs. On LC.

NickG - primping other athletes with Ronnie James Dio-esque incatation is not good, and not allowed.

Boots, it's great to have you back.

Pain? Deal with it.

Yoda, prepare my aid station refreshments. It will be a long(er) day at the office.
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen [krol] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Krol, the ancient god of duathlon, is back competing.
Excellent.

Aid station fixins? I can haz Red Bull plz??

Just back home after an AmZof recon mission today.
The course is in fine shape. We banged out 2 laps of the bike, then after a leisurely transition, did 1 casual lap of the run.
Trails are quite nice, they even repaired some of the wooden bridges, and even added new ones in that first meadow that was a shoe-sucking quagmire last year. Almost felt like cheating.

My rolling time for the 2 laps was ~3:04. Felt good.
(for reference, did 3:08 last year w Chris. Be afraid, be very afraid)
Top speed of 50 going down the big descent.
Yee-ha!! An E ticket ride.
Million Dollar View was in full effect.
(unlike last year)

Then beers and burgers on the patio at the Otter, and all is right with the world.

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen [Murphy'sLaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You built that bridge in the meadow because you are too fat to jump that little stream. Stop lying to the good people on here.

John

2010 Am Zof f1 champ
2011 Am Zof Fasted Canadian Women
and the Guy That Beat ML at AZ Zof and made him shut his fat mouth for like a whole day (though maybe that was because he was drinking?)

http://www.johnhirsch.org
http://www.stronglikebulltraining.com
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen [John Hirsch] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Methinks the lady doth protest too much.

ML

PS - mine is MUCH larger than yours.

2005, 2007, 2008 AmZof LC Winner of Tetsuoni's $
2009 AmZof LC Winner.
2010 AmZof F1 first loser.
2011 AmZof F1 Winner.

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1st time. I have never done a duathlon. What do you guys usually wear? Road or TT bike, its hilly right?
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen [KMILES] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Are you Matt's nephew??

either way...tri bike. for gear you can get away with cycling gear, unless you're not comfortable running in bike shorts (I did that today). There's a couple of hills (hint: see course profile on the website).
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen [KAlber] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, Matt is my uncle.
Ok thanks for the hint. Is the run also hilly? It is trail correct?
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen [KMILES] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hilly? Nah, that's a myth and a misnomer that some jabroni has been spreading for years. There is a bit of something that gets in the way of your running out there (besides the bike). Just can't put my finger on it....

No matter though, it's all relative.
ML - Red Bull does work its wonders, but that's only something those of us with Powerman Zofingen experience can attest to. And I only go to it until I am ready for suds. Which usually isn't all that long. In fact, as is custom, my arrival is usually heralded by Tommy Keegan and his staff, beckoning tetsuoni to join me in hoisting pints of Mothers Milk to practice for Sunday.
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen [krol] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good morning AmZof lemmings!

Hope you had a nice beauty rest, cuz yer gonna need it.
Only 12 days to go.
You have the rest of the week to get some more hay in the barn - go to work.

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen [NickG] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
NickG wrote:
d-elvis wrote:
after completely aero geeking out the new P3, I see a lot of DNS's when I show up race morning... just saying

Which is a more gallant way to bow out, DNS or DNF?

I think going MIA is the most gallant way of all not to finish.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Check the extended forecast - never to early to mess with everyone's heads.

2015 American Zofingen Du is May 17.
R.I.P. Chris Gleason
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
last year it was really like there was a swim leg... just at the same time as the bike and run

"if you chose it, it's not really pain"
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen [d-elvis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think it was more like cyclocross - it was really cool watching the racers come flying into transition on their full-on TT rigs, sliding around in the mud.

2015 American Zofingen Du is May 17.
R.I.P. Chris Gleason
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Rain starting the week before the race, and going straight thru?

YES, PLEASE!!!

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:

face/palm. oh well...at least we got to run on nice and dry trails yesterday. I don't mind rain...just as long as it's not cold rain. tetsuoni, please make the necessary arrangements.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm actually a little relieved about the rain being forecasted. This should keep Natr'l Dizz's rims from bursting into flames as he rides the brakes down the first descent.
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen [KAlber] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Road bike; that's an easy one. It's almost all climbing of descending and you do both faster on a road bike with clip ons.

Wear tri stuff for the run; am zof is a lot of running and the run is key. Bike for show; run for dough.

Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen [NickG] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
NickG wrote:
d-elvis wrote:
after completely aero geeking out the new P3, I see a lot of DNS's when I show up race morning... just saying

Which is a more gallant way to bow out, DNS or DNF?

DNS - you don't even exist and should be banned from all future smack talk threads
DNF - you tried but failed, you join a long list of other losers like Tetsuoni (he has multiple DNF's at AZ)
MIA - I will hunt you down for the chip and make a spectacle of you

The best way to go out is to make a big scene. Come into T2, throw your bike down, lay down in the dirt and go into full body cramp. Beg to still go out for the run. Leave T2 run up into Gazebo as the crowds go crazy. Drop out at the bathrooms. Listen to us make fun of you for the rest of the day. drink a beer

Boots
Fleet Feet Rochester, NY
Fleet Feet Buffalo, NY
YellowJacket Racing, Rochester, NY
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen [John Hirsch] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
John Hirsch wrote:
Road bike; that's an easy one. It's almost all climbing of descending and you do both faster on a road bike with clip ons.

And this is why a Professional triathlete is also not-for-profit.

a Pro card doesn't magically cure stupid.

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen [kdw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It will also obscure the million dollar view so I won't know how high up I actually am and how far the descent really is.

Planning to do some AmZof recon this Friday if I can get the ok from Mrs. Dizz. This is serious!!
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen [Natrl DIZZ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"I won't know how high up I actually am and how far the descent really is."

Really, really high. And the drop-off on the other side of the guardrail is sudden. Just try not to think about it and I'm sure you'll be fine as long as there aren't any crosswinds.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
kdw wrote:
"I won't know how high up I actually am and how far the descent really is."

Really, really high. And the drop-off on the other side of the guardrail is sudden. Just try not to think about it and I'm sure you'll be fine as long as there aren't any crosswinds.

Nope, they took out the guard rails for polishing. So you can get a great view down if you ride close enough to the edge, nothing to stop your view. Kind of like American Flyer and Kevin Costner.

Please dear god let it rain. My only chance to take out ML is if there is a swim involved.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Plus, there's all those deer, and squirrels, and wild turkeys that could dart out into the road at any time.

And potholes! Potholes galore.

He'd probably be better off walking his bike down the hills, just to be extra safe.

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No ML but my Columbia U law degree might.

Did my road bike look stupid when I was packing it into my car while waiting for you to stop crying and finish?

I guess when you are north of 220lbs like you the extra weight of a TT frame doesn't matter as much.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Murphy'sLaw wrote:

YES, PLEASE!!!

I think I can still find mud on my bike from last year's race.

( yes I am a slob, but I do try to keep the important bits clean... )
Quote Reply

Prev Next