Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: American Zofingen [Murphy'sLaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Murphy'sLaw wrote:
BOOTS!!!!!

Glad to have ya back.
We gonna get live updates and soup reviews again this year?

x2
Who needs live updates, at least this year the people at the race will actually know what their finishing time was;)
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen [tri_yoda] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If anyone doing a recon run would pick all the rocks and sticks off the trail, I would be very appreciative

"if you chose it, it's not really pain"
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen [d-elvis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So, we should leave the snakes, porcupines and black bears?

2015 American Zofingen Du is May 17.
R.I.P. Chris Gleason
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen [tetsuoni] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tetsuoni wrote:
So, we should leave the snakes, porcupines and black bears?

Certainly. They add the proper atmosphere.

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The G. Chris Gleason Stout has been kegged - Slainte, bitches!

R.I.P. Chris Gleason
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Maybe bring along a saw tomorrow on your recon run. If that magic log is still laying across the trail, see if you can move it. I say magic because somehow it grows rapidly during the day. On the first loop, it's small enough that you can hurdle it. On the 2nd loop, it's grown to where you have to sit on it and then swing your legs over. By the 3rd loop, you consider trying to squeeze under it but settle for the 20yd detour around it as by that point it's grown far to large to do anything else.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
tetsuoni wrote:
The G. Chris Gleason Stout has been kegged - Slainte, bitches!

Slainte bitches, indeed.

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen [MSUtri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I live in clifton park, me and a few others here drive down race morning. Yes, you have to get up early...but it's not completely awful. It also gives you time to reconsider what you're about to put yourself through.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
tetsuoni wrote:
You can camp outside of Catskill Mt. Multisport, where packet pickup is on Saturday. Mapquest 283 Station Road, Hurley, NY.

I thought CM2 was on Main St in New Paltz? I'm also looking for a place to camp Saturday night (and possibly Sunday night), and was looking at Creekview Campsite (http://www.creekviewcampsite.com/) just 8 miles away from the preserve. I've never even been to the state of NY, so I know nothing of the area. Is Station Rd another CM2 location? Camping outside of the shop would be ideal.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Murphy'sLaw wrote:
made sure to blow the gay avenger in the process
Fixed it for ya.

Given that your FTP would have to be north of 360 for you to be at 4+ w/kg, I'm just gonna have to go ahead and drop you like a hot rock going up Mohonk.

But I do promise to wait at the top. For a few minutes anyway.

Let this be a lesson to us all...the gay avengers powers are not to be trifled with.

To all that are paying attention to this thread: Unfortunate "accident's" happen all the time. PM me if you would like to arrange something while I'm in evil incarnate's presence tomorrow. I'll let you choose...stoning, water boarding, crucifixion, count rugen's life sucking torture device (not to 50!!!), an unfortunate smelting accident...whatever. I'm up for the challenge.
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen [MichaelT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We returned to our original home - the New Paltz location was a 3 year experiment. Our Hurley home boasts running trails, a swimming pond, a microbrewery, a future velodrome site, killer views and easy access from NYS Thruway exit 19. You can park in our field and have bathroom access 24/7. No charge.

R.I.P. Chris Gleason
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You forgot the crit course.

Oh, and the Endless Icebath. I got freaking hypothermic in that thing once. Once.

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
tetsuoni wrote:
We returned to our original home - the New Paltz location was a 3 year experiment. Our Hurley home boasts running trails, a swimming pond, a microbrewery, a future velodrome site, killer views and easy access from NYS Thruway exit 19. You can park in our field and have bathroom access 24/7. No charge.

Sounds great. I'll plan on it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes, the crit course is coming back this year, but the endless ice bath was sold to a friend of CM2 who has even less sense than me.

R.I.P. Chris Gleason
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen [MichaelT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mapquest / google map 283 Station Road, Hurley, NY.
Call me at 845-750-0719 when you're on your way.
Safe journey.
John

R.I.P. Chris Gleason
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
tetsuoni wrote:
You can camp outside of Catskill Mt. Multisport, where packet pickup is on Saturday. Mapquest 283 Station Road, Hurley, NY.

First, to MSUtri. "All the way from Albany"? Man, for the past two years I've driven down race morning from just shy of Burlington VT and then the 4 hours back after the race.

tetsuoni, if there is space, I might be interested as well - it will depend on the weather. I do sort of enjoy the early AM drive (it allows me to caffeine load, adds to the "epic-ness", and I don't sleep much race night anyway), but my wife worries about me getting on the road just as the bars are closing.

Victor

================================
blog
twitter
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen [Bell Head] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
All are welcome.

R.I.P. Chris Gleason
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
tetsuoni wrote:
All are welcome.

Hmmm....

http://www.EpixGear.com
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen [Bell Head] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bell Head wrote:
tetsuoni wrote:

First, to MSUtri. "All the way from Albany"? Man, for the past two years I've driven down race morning from just shy of Burlington VT and then the 4 hours back after the race.

tetsuoni, if there is space, I might be interested as well - it will depend on the weather. I do sort of enjoy the early AM drive (it allows me to caffeine load, adds to the "epic-ness", and I don't sleep much race night anyway), but my wife worries about me getting on the road just as the bars are closing.

Victor

There's your problem...you need to hit up an after party first!

Quote | Reply
tetsuoni wrote:
Mapquest / google map 283 Station Road, Hurley, NY.
Call me at 845-750-0719 when you're on your way.
Safe journey.
John

Okay, but it should take me about 11 hours to get there.
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen [NickG] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
NickG wrote:

You may be right. My local poker group seems to always have a game scheduled for the Saturday before AmZof. I could play till midnight, hit the bars for 2 hours, and then get on the road. No, maybe not. That's a little to epic for me.

================================
blog
twitter
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen [NickG] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
after completely aero geeking out the new P3, I see a lot of DNS's when I show up race morning... just saying

"if you chose it, it's not really pain"
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen [d-elvis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
d-elvis wrote:
after completely aero geeking out the new P3, I see a lot of DNS's when I show up race morning... just saying

Which is a more gallant way to bow out, DNS or DNF?

Quote | Reply
Bell Head wrote:
NickG wrote:

You may be right. My local poker group seems to always have a game scheduled for the Saturday before AmZof. I could play till midnight, hit the bars for 2 hours, and then get on the road. No, maybe not. That's a little to epic for me.

I have the makings of a potential epic mission brewing. A couple of us have a fundraising event Saturday night (for Hospice Care of the Berskhires), and we don't expect that to end too early. It's about a 2 hour drive to the race site, so we're figuring to get maybe 3 hours of sleep before hitting the road on race morning. We might have to park the minivan in the field at CM2 to catch some z's before the ride home. It's all good.
Quote Reply

Prev Next