Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: American Zofingen [tetsuoni] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's the one subject where cyclists and hobbit-like mountain freaks like ML agree ... 11 teeth is all you need.

"The right to party is a battle we have fought, but we'll surrender and go Amish... NOT!" -Wayne Campbell
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen [KAlber] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I also invented the Internet.

Well - parts of it:
Chat rooms, dial-up, buffering.

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen [Murphy'sLaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You also invented cyber-bullying.

2015 American Zofingen Du is May 17.
R.I.P. Chris Gleason
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen [NickG] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I need to check on some dream crushing etiquette.

After I win the LC, should I come back to this thread to gloat? Or, am I supposed to do all the gloating in person at the pavillion? While at the pavillion, will it be correct to require all the peasants and commoners to bow down to me?

Do I acknowledge the accomplishments of the winners of the other races (F1 + Canadian Women's) as slightly beneath me, or way beneath me.

By the time race day arrives, I will have a solid 12-16hours of bike training under my belt (for all of 2012). That ought to be enough to get the job done.

Any guidance on the etiquette questions will be appreciated.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Murphy'sLaw wrote:

Well - parts of it:

Don't sell yourself short. I also heard you were one of the founders of the NAMBLA forum.
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen [burnman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
burnman wrote:
It's the one subject where cyclists and hobbit-like mountain freaks like ML agree ... 11 teeth is all you need.

Dunno where this "hobbit-like" nonsense comes from - at 2" short of 6 feet tall, the closest I'd come to resembling a resident of Middle Earth is Aragorn.

Return of the King, bitches.

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen [trislayer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trislayer wrote:

After I win the LC, should I come back to this thread to gloat? Or, am I supposed to do all the gloating in person at the pavillion? While at the pavillion, will it be correct to require all the peasants and commoners to bow down to me?

Tough decision here, I would do both so as to maximize the gloat. Also be sure to have a post in a couple of months that include a backdoor gloat (i.e. "Was Kona slow this year or was I just THAT much faster than everyone else?").

Do I acknowledge the accomplishments of the winners of the other races (F1 + Canadian Women's) as slightly beneath me, or way beneath me.

By law you are not required to acknowledge them as winners...or even acknowledge their presence among greatness such as yourself.

By the time race day arrives, I will have a solid 12-16hours of bike training under my belt (for all of 2012). That ought to be enough to get the job done.

History has shown that coming in undertrained on the bike and overtrained with the beer will produce the best results.

I look forward to you doing the LC, I will hold my own in the CWD and be drinking beer and pissing myself long before you are finished...

Quote | Reply
tri_yoda wrote:
Murphy'sLaw wrote:

Well - parts of it:

Don't sell yourself short. I also heard you were one of the founders of the NAMBLA forum.

Nah - that I delegated to you, given your "strengths" and experience in that area.

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen [tri_yoda] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tri_yoda wrote:
Murphy'sLaw wrote:

Well - parts of it:

As a regional leader, would it be OK to bring membership materials to AmZof for recruitment purposes? And by this, I mean can my kids come?

Quote | Reply
Who cares if they can, bring em.
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen [NickG] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
NickG wrote:
tri_yoda wrote:
Murphy'sLaw wrote:

Well - parts of it:

As a regional leader, would it be OK to bring membership materials to AmZof for recruitment purposes? And by this, I mean can my kids come?

My herd / hoard will be there to watch their old man suffer.
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen [blwmhv] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
blwmhv wrote:
NickG wrote:
tri_yoda wrote:
Murphy'sLaw wrote:

Well - parts of it:

My herd / hoard will be there to watch their old man suffer.

They better keep their grubby hands off my beer...

Quote | Reply
In person, I would guess. It is probably sufficient to wear your LC hat and drink from your big honkin stein. That assumes, however, that LC awards are distributed before nightfall this year.

Your bike training is totally sufficient.

Victor

================================
blog
twitter
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
trislayer wrote:

Please note the date and time someone had the stones to suggest they would be Josh Beck. Dude, you will be stoked if you can finish before he is in street clothes, packed his car and driven out of the state with a Giant beer glass.

It says a lot that it took 11 pages fo smack before someone went there.

ML, your troll teeth are fat.

http://www.johnhirsch.org
http://www.stronglikebulltraining.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Quote:
Dunno where this "hobbit-like" nonsense comes from - at 2" short of 6 feet tall, the closest I'd come to resembling a resident of Middle Earth is Aragorn.

Return of the King, bitches.
awesome thread.

ML definitely has the upper hand here. but it always gladdens the souls of middle earth to recall the day that i withdrew stormbringer from its mighty scabbard and cast an evil cold rain down upon the giant golden balled rider as he sought dominion over Prince Harry's land. the rain did grind his balls as fine as the dust of the earth (Eru alone knows what it may have done to his other protuberances), and i was about to cast him abroad until some ambulance came to the aid of his all too-mortal whiteness.

clue: you want to beat ML? bring the cold, bring the wet. he doesn't have too many other weaknesses ...
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen [PaulDavis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I recall that day - that shivering twits ambulance nearly ran me off the road.

2015 American Zofingen Du is May 17.
R.I.P. Chris Gleason
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen [PaulDavis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
ML definitely has the upper hand here. but it always gladdens the souls of middle earth to recall the day that i withdrew stormbringer from its mighty scabbard and cast an evil cold rain down upon the giant golden balled rider as he sought dominion over Prince Harry's land. the rain did grind his balls as fine as the dust of the earth (Eru alone knows what it may have done to his other protuberances), and i was about to cast him abroad until some ambulance came to the aid of his all too-mortal whiteness.

dude...you really need to get laid. I'll chip in a quarter. anyone else willing to donate to such a sad cause??
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
dude...you really need to get laid. I'll chip in a quarter. anyone else willing to donate to such a sad cause??

mrs. dawhead seems quite willing to help out, but thanks for the concern. make sure she doesn't catch your ass at a race this summer though.
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen [John Hirsch] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
John Hirsch wrote:
trislayer wrote:
Please note the date and time someone had the stones to suggest they would be Josh Beck. Dude, you will be stoked if you can finish before he is in street clothes, packed his car and driven out of the state with a Giant beer glass.

It says a lot that it took 11 pages fo smack before someone went there.

ML, your troll teeth are fat.

Is Mr. Beck back again this year? He laps me way too early.

================================
blog
twitter
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen [Bell Head] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We can:

1. walk
2. coast
3. use the granny gear

Wow, this is going to be cake... cake I say

"if you chose it, it's not really pain"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Please remember to return your timing chip after bailing on lap 3 of the bike

Boots
Fleet Feet Rochester, NY
Fleet Feet Buffalo, NY
YellowJacket Racing, Rochester, NY
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen [FF Boots] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BOOTS!!!!!

Glad to have ya back.
We gonna get live updates and soup reviews again this year?

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen [d-elvis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
you forgot the most important thing. You can drink beer DURING the race if you choose.
Last edited by: KAlber: May 4, 12 15:48
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
KAlber wrote:
you forgot the most important thing. You can drink beer DURING the race if you choose.

And/or Car Bombs.
mmmMMMmmm car bombs mmmMMMMmmm

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'll be headed out there today and riding the course a few times. Wish me luck!
Quote Reply

Prev Next