Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: American Zofingen [Trihumor] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Trihumor wrote:
What an awesome thread.....read all 225 posts in one sitting. (I'm a Smack-aholic). I noted that the smack talkin' dream crushers were notably silent on the board Tuesday night....at the same time an all new 'Glee' episode aired. No DVR in Momma's basement?

Glee? Who the fuck watches Glee? It was the Biggest Loser finale...

Quote | Reply
I'm in for the LC. Looking forward to some serious pain. Luckily I just bought a new steed so hopefully it lets me coast right up those hills ;)
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen [MSUtri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think a lot of first timers are surprised at how much of the race is downhill. Almost half...so you get to enjoy a lot of coasting.
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen [Trihumor] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah I just read it all too... and funny thing, I have enough points to get to the race on time. The real q: anyone got a bike I could borrow? ;-)

AP

PS: if I do make it, all your beer are belong to us (by "us" I mean "me").

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen [kdw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
True, but the coasting parts are always over far too quickly. And I still haven't figured out how to coast on the run, when I really need it.

================================
blog
twitter
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
kdw wrote:
I think a lot of first timers are surprised at how much of the race is downhill. Almost half...so you get to enjoy a lot of coasting.

I'll take the climbing over the downhills on the course any day - especially if the conditions are like last year. The climbs hurt, the descents can kill.
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen [bmcmaster11] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ML is really good at the downhills...because he is fat.

http://www.johnhirsch.org
http://www.stronglikebulltraining.com
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen [John Hirsch] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
John Hirsch wrote:
ML is really good at the downhills...because he is fat.

HAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAA!!!
Oh man, that's so funny. I just pissed myself.

[/sarcasm off]

I'm good at downhills due to the mass x acceleration of my HUGE BALLS.

"how does ML even sit down with balls that big?!?!???!!!"

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen [KAlber] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
KAlber wrote:
(spoken in howard cosell voice:) Truly a sight to behold. A man beaten. The once great champ, now, a study in moppishness. No longer the victory hungry stallion we've raced so many times before, but a pathetic, washed up, aged ex-champion.

....the washed up and ex champion is yet to be seen, but the parts in bold always applied. You also forgot the part about, "with big balls who descends fast"
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen [Murphy'sLaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Great google fun---type in "Eunuch, limp, troll, New Paltz".........voila!!

Balls? I thought it was Ball......as in that unfortunate belt sander accident back in the 8th grade. (confirmed on Snopes.com)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
kdw wrote:

wait just a tic... walking AND coasting are allowed? huh go figger

"if you chose it, it's not really pain"
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen [John Hirsch] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You could descend as well as ML. All you have to do is sell your soul to Satan. If you think about it, it explains A LOT about him. Rumor has it, they blessed the waters in mirror lake last year right before the start of IMLP...it nearly killed him ( 01:48:43 ).

Perhaps he is the devil's right hand after all?
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen [d-elvis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
wait just a tic... walking AND coasting are allowed? huh go figger

the real trick is to walk AND coast at the same time.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm thinking about wearing running shoes and toe clips on the bike:

1) Speed up transitions
2) Easier to walk up hills on the bike than in slippery cleats.

Thoughts?
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen [Murphy'sLaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Damn, I wish I didn't wuss out this winter and had signed up. It sounds like it would've been great to test out burning matches on the run vs. saving a little something for the 2nd bike.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
KAlber wrote:
You could descend as well as ML. All you have to do is sell your soul to Satan. If you think about it, it explains A LOT about him. Rumor has it, they blessed the waters in mirror lake last year right before the start of IMLP...it nearly killed him ( 01:48:43 ).

Perhaps he is the devil's right hand after all?

Close...

I am known by many names: ML, The Dark Lord, Beelzebub, Prince of Darkness, Mephistopheles, Keyser Soze, The Dread Pirate Roberts, Rush Limbaugh, Kim Kardashian - ok, scratch that last one.

I come not only to CRUSH YOUR DREAMS, but to steal your very souls.

Obey me! Worship me!!!

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
KAlber wrote:
(spoken in howard cosell voice:) Truly a sight to behold. A man beaten. The once great champ, now, a study in moppishness. No longer the victory hungry stallion we've raced so many times before, but a pathetic, washed up, aged ex-champion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsywLclz8A8
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen [kcb203] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
transitions will be the least of your concerns. you will want every muscle you can use for the bike. bring the right gearing and there's nothing you should have to walk up. granny ring it if necessary.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
KAlber wrote:
transitions will be the least of your concerns. you will want every muscle you can use for the bike. bring the right gearing and there's nothing you should have to walk up. granny ring it if necessary.

use the granny ring too? my god.... the horror

"if you chose it, it's not really pain"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
KAlber wrote:

I'm borrowing this bike that was used at the Fargo Street hill climb a few years back. The lowest gear is 7.5".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgIL6eHHgZU
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
KAlber wrote:

You thinking 23 or 25 to go with the 54/42 front?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
bmcmaster11 wrote:
You thinking 23 or 25 to go with the 54/42 front?

All that matters is that you've got 11T at the high end. In fact, you should modify your cassette by replacing anything lower than 17T with another 11T cog at the high end.

"The right to party is a battle we have fought, but we'll surrender and go Amish... NOT!" -Wayne Campbell
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen [burnman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Murphy's Law has 11 teeth as well, because he's an ugly little troll

2015 American Zofingen Du is May 17.
R.I.P. Chris Gleason
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well...personally i was just going to roll with an 11-21. but, the 54/42 seems a bit small to me.
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen [tetsuoni] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He invented the toothbrush. If it had been anybody else it would be called the teethbrush.
Quote Reply

Prev Next