Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Amazon is getting in to the (high end ++) bike business. Cooperation with LBS
Quote | Reply
This is interesting.
Amazon is getting into the bike business with LBS.
Buy at Amazon, build and delivered at LBS or mobile bike repair.
https://www.amazon.com/...;pf_rd_i=14760814011

Disclaimer: I work for Amazon but has not been involved in this project or have any more knowledge about this than what you can find on the web site.
Quote Reply
Re: Amazon is getting in to the (high end ++) bike business. Cooperation with LBS [Halvard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Interesting. I looked at a couple of the bikes. None of the ones I looked at have descriptions or even parts specs. Gonna be harder to sell that way...
Quote Reply
Re: Amazon is getting in to the (high end ++) bike business. Cooperation with LBS [FatandSlow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
FatandSlow wrote:
Interesting. I looked at a couple of the bikes. None of the ones I looked at have descriptions or even parts specs. Gonna be harder to sell that way...

Harder to sell to us. Not to Joe Public who is looking at bikes on Amazon.

------------------------------------------------------------
Any run that doesn't include pooping in someone's front yard is a win.
Quote Reply
Re: Amazon is getting in to the (high end ++) bike business. Cooperation with LBS [Halvard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You can even order a Cipo with Amazon Prime delivery!!!

"Most of my heroes don't appear on no stamps"
Blog = http://extrememomentum.com|Photos = http://wheelgoodphotos.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This is just one step closer to my prediction:

You'll eventually buy specs online and then 3D print your frame at home.
Last edited by: PennBen: Jun 3, 17 15:21
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Frequently bought together: bikes and bottle cages.
Quote Reply
Re: Amazon is getting in to the (high end ++) bike business. Cooperation with LBS [PennBen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This would be legit but material selection would be the biggest barrier to entry.

Plastic parts are easy, stiff fully functional frames are on a whole other level.

Hope you're right!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This is essentially what most of us do in finding the right bike online then finding the closest store that stocks that bike. This is more of a brokerage service than a typical Amazon buy/ship service.

I imagine that these are simply models that are already stocked by these few brands in these stores, and that Amazon is essentially taking a cut from their sales with no need for Amazon to hold inventory or ship expensive frames and/or premade bicycles. Win for Kestrel and Diamondback etc if they sell more, win for the stores that sell these models, and win for Amazon.

There's no effort made to fit the bike properly in this process. A person might buy a 56cm when they need a 51cm, and until they arrive at the store to talk to the mechanic they're not going to know.

'It never gets easier, you just get crazier.'
Quote Reply