Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Alternative to Pro Aerofuel Saddle / New Fizik Aeris Saddle Info
Quote | Reply
One of my Aerofuel saddles has cracked so went looking for a replacement. No where (easily) here in EU land seems to stock the carbon version anymore and I wonder if Pro / Shimano has discontinued the Aerofuel line?

So wonder if anyone has ridden something very similar / or if any fitters out there would recommend any close?

The Prologo TT looks similar

Edit: Fizik Aeris Saddles purchased - photos in thread

Regards, Richard
Last edited by: thetrickster: Sep 26, 23 22:50
Quote Reply
Re: Alternative to Pro Aerofuel Saddle [thetrickster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Following this thread as mine is past it’s prime and haven’t seen anything close enough to it to make we want to try.
Quote Reply
Re: Alternative to Pro Aerofuel Saddle [ahumblecycler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
New Fizik Aeris looks similar also

https://www.fizik.com/...ong-distance-r1.html

The new Strike looks good / popular now too.

https://secretsaddle.com/stride/

Some big money trying these thou

I’ve asked Pro if the aerofuel are still in production. Will let you know

Regards, Richard
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I liked the Aerofuel ok, but the Stride has worked better for me. I felt the Aerofuel to be a bit beefy for me. So while it’s not identical, I have heard no bad things about the Stride. As well, I personally would give it a 9/10. The shape is pretty similar and in my experience it’s been a little less “in the way” than the Aerofuel. I recommend it as an alternative.

The Aeris looks that it does a lot right (and shares a lot of similarities with the Stride that I like so much) and I’ll probably try that one as well, once it’s actually released (allegedly at the end of the month **edit: maybe it’s already released in Europe? US claims end of September**).
Last edited by: mitchellgsides: Sep 9, 23 15:38
Quote Reply
Re: Alternative to Pro Aerofuel Saddle [mitchellgsides] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for that info. Very useful! Great to hear from someone who has used some of the saddles I’ve looked at.

I think that’s my mind made up. Will get a Fizik Aeris R5 once it’s available for testing on the indoor bike and if any good an R1 for the race bike.

Let us know if you get a Aeris soon!

Regards, Richard
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just spoke with my local bike fitter.

He tells me that Pro have replaced the Aerofuel with the Stealth Aero TSA 1.1

https://www.bike24.com/p2701729.html

Regards, Richard
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for posting alternatives; both look interesting and will read up about them.

Also, I appreciate you contacting PRO and sharing the evolution of the Aerofuel into the Stealth, which looks and reads identical with the exception of the name. It makes sense given the success of the line and will look more closely at details later.

Cheers
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just an FYI (no dog in this hunt, just happend to see if) there is one currently for sale on PinkBike classifieds.
Quote Reply
Re: Alternative to Pro Aerofuel Saddle [mitchellgsides] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Aeries saddles are now available to purchase in Europe

https://www.fizik.com/...ong-distance-r1.html

€199 for the full carbon one (R1)

Regards, Richard
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Will post up some photos and info later - but my two R1 and R5 Long distance Aeris saddles have arrived today for my smart bike and race bike.

Any questions about the new saddle let me know!

Regards, Richard
Quote Reply
Re: Alternative to Pro Aerofuel Saddle / New Fizik Aeris Saddle Info [thetrickster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So the new Fizik Aeris saddles have arrived. A cheap R5 for the smart bike and a R1 carbon version for the race bike.

First impressions: they look a bit boring and simple compared to the Aerofuel saddle, no grip tape / markings, stupid perhaps but the Aerofuel looks more racy with its design and sheath logos) Also the finish isn’t the best in terms of gluing the pad to the carbon base, but I’m being really picky (maybe I should be for a 200€ saddle) There is a slight difference in the designs, with the R1 having gold lettering and some decals in the middle vs white logos on the R5 (maybe the R3 has silver, dunno)

I have to say the integrated bottle cage holder is great - that going to save a lot of weight compared to my xlab mount and will look very slick on the race bike. Weight wise, definitely worth the R1 carbon version, does feel much lighter in the hand.

If I get time, I’ll spend an hour on the indoor bike like to see how it compares, but initial quick sit on it, feels very similar to the Aerofuel.

Some photos:

Regards, Richard
Last edited by: thetrickster: Sep 26, 23 22:52
Quote Reply
Re: Alternative to Pro Aerofuel Saddle / New Fizik Aeris Saddle Info [thetrickster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thetrickster wrote:
So the new Fizik Aeris saddles have arrived. A cheap R5 for the smart bike and a R1 carbon version for the race bike.

First impressions: they look a bit boring and simple compared to the Aerofuel saddle, no grip tape / markings, stupid perhaps but the Aerofuel looks more racy with its design and sheath logos) Also the finish isn’t the best in terms of gluing the pad to the carbon base, but I’m being really picky (maybe I should be for a 200€ saddle) There is a slight difference in the designs, with the R1 having gold lettering and some decals in the middle vs white logos on the R5 (maybe the R3 has silver, dunno)

I have to say the integrated bottle cage holder is great - that going to save a lot of weight compared to my xlab mount and will look very slick on the race bike. Weight wise, definitely worth the R1 carbon version, does feel much lighter in the hand.

If I get time, I’ll spend an hour on the indoor bike like to see how it compares, but initial quick sit on it, feels very similar to the Aerofuel.

Some photos:

You have any feedback on the Fizik Aeris? Curious if you like it.
Quote Reply
Re: Alternative to Pro Aerofuel Saddle / New Fizik Aeris Saddle Info [wildh24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
wildh24 wrote:
You have any feedback on the Fizik Aeris? Curious if you like it.

I do actually! On the trainer, I'm happy doing 3+hr rides without issue - no sores or discomfort and outside its just as good.

On the other side though, its not fundamentally any better if I'm honest over the Pro Aerofuel so not gained anything - the look isn't as 'racy' as the aerofuel if that matters, but on the flipside the integrated bottle mount saves a load of weight over my old xlab.

Would buy again, if that helps

Regards, Richard
Quote Reply