Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Alex Dowsett's "The Big Test" Aero Series
Quote | Reply
https://youtube.com/...;si=c762NyXqAoU2oFpu

How many are watching this?

Have you been able to take anything away from it?

Latest was on shoes. I found it interesting that the carbon and Bont shoes were not as quick.
Quote Reply
Re: Alex Dowsett's "The Big Test" Aero Series [Nazgul350r] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
His series is genius.
Quote Reply
Re: Alex Dowsett's "The Big Test" Aero Series [applenutt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He's really good - I like his stuff.

Also - him and Joe Skipper both made me think - does anyone shave their face for the wind tunnel? lol

DFRU - Detta Family Racing Unit...the kids like it and we all get out and after it...gotta keep the fam involved!
Quote Reply
Re: Alex Dowsett's "The Big Test" Aero Series [dfru] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They both have me thinking I need to spend $375 for a TT5 helmet.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hahaha I'm waiting for aerohead 2.0 numbers :)

DFRU - Detta Family Racing Unit...the kids like it and we all get out and after it...gotta keep the fam involved!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just bought a kask mistral and am now sad…but it did test faster than my aerohead.
Last edited by: applenutt: Mar 21, 24 10:04
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
applenutt wrote:

I bought it after watching lol.... 375 + tax but no shipping at least on orders over 300 :-)

2024: Bevoman, Galveston, Alcatraz, Marble Falls, Santa Cruz
Last edited by: Toothengineer: Mar 20, 24 19:09
Quote Reply
Re: Alex Dowsett's "The Big Test" Aero Series [Toothengineer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Toothengineer wrote:
applenutt wrote:

I bought it after watching lol.... 375 + tax but no shipping at least on orders over 300 :-)

Wait - you are riding? ;)

It's so ugly - which we said about the original aerohead. I just...love the 2.0 the more i see it haha so I'll wait!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
dfru wrote:
Toothengineer wrote:
applenutt wrote:

It's so ugly - which we said about the original aerohead. I just...love the 2.0 the more i see it haha so I'll wait!

I recently bought the POC Procen even though I would have chosen the TT5 because the latter was never available.

The TT5 seems like it was designed by someone with more aero expertise, (sharper trailing edges that are essentially inactive in a low head position and likely beneficial in normal people’s head tilt angles, more orthogonal face shield and venting to/from wake zones and no duct gimmicks) and the Aerohead 2.0 has features that look more like what a designer thinks “looks aero” but may not be all that great, particularly the long forward nose and tangential face shield.

I wouldn’t be surprised if the TT5 is still better for most people, even in the Aerohead 2.0 ideal head attitude. The only doubt I have is I’d imagine Giro must have benchmarked the TT5 since it has been out for a while now.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
dfru wrote:
Toothengineer wrote:
applenutt wrote:

Riding!

Past specialized helmets have tested fast on me so hoping this is the same..... I would have bought the 2.0 but not for sale; if it goes on sale will buy it and try to find some time to go do some testing with Jim.

I dont the the TT5 is that bad looking, it comes in on Saturday so will know more soon.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Toothengineer wrote:

I dont the the TT5 is that bad looking, it comes in on Saturday so will know more soon.

Well, I got mine Saturday, put it on, and the dog went absolutely berserk. My wife wasn’t impressed either.

Dimond Bikes Superfan
Quote Reply
Re: Alex Dowsett's "The Big Test" Aero Series [ericlambi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ericlambi wrote:
Toothengineer wrote:

Well, I got mine Saturday, put it on, and the dog went absolutely berserk. My wife wasn’t impressed either.

Hahahaha when you scare the dog, that's not good. Didn't pass the bark test!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
applenutt wrote:

I wonder how much money I could get for my other helmets in the stash to try this one. Now that it is actually buyable on the website.

I have a Aerohead, an Aeroswitch, and a Tempor.

I'd be willing to sell 2 of three to try it out.
Quote Reply
Re: Alex Dowsett's "The Big Test" Aero Series [burnthesheep] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
burnthesheep wrote:
applenutt wrote:

I wonder how much money I could get for my other helmets in the stash to try this one. Now that it is actually buyable on the website.

I have a Aerohead, an Aeroswitch, and a Tempor.

I'd be willing to sell 2 of three to try it out.

LOL; same boat I got a giro, Oakley, and new Rudy (last years model).

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Anyone want to let me borrow some helmets for my testing with desertdude next month? ;)

IG - @ryanppax
http://www.geluminati.com
Use code ST5 for $5 off your order
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Signed up for the specialized newsletter and got 15% off the TT5. $318 + tax. Not a bad deal. Went ahead and pulled the trigger. Sure they will sell out soon.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My son's arrived yesterday and the fit is great. It's easy to put on so will be fast in transition. It also has very good optics/visibility and comes with smoke/mirror and clear shields. With the large shield and airy interior area I think many people will feel less confined thus not opting to ride instead with sunglasses. The thin face sock can easily be tucked up behind the frame that touches the top of the head. It's a big helmet but it doesn't feel heavy and size large has a lot of adjustability to keep it secure.

Only slight downsides so far is the shield can't be removed and stored on the helmet with a magnet and I can't seem to fit the helmet with the shield installed into the helmet case. Matte black is also a finger magnet.

He's excited to race with it this weekend at Bevoman.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
applenutt wrote:
Signed up for the specialized newsletter and got 15% off the TT5. $318 + tax. Not a bad deal. Went ahead and pulled the trigger. Sure they will sell out soon.

dam I missed that; will see how this size small fits sat... but watching some videos sounds like for aerodynamics may want to go bigger?

Quote Reply
Re: Alex Dowsett's "The Big Test" Aero Series [Riedinaustin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Will you all ride it with the head/neck stocking?

What about in a triathlon?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wonder if the size changes the size of the shell or just the interior fitting. Given the relative affordable price (i think they could have charged $500, but glad they didn't), I'd guess they're all the same size with different fittings inside the helmet.
Quote Reply
Re: Alex Dowsett's "The Big Test" Aero Series [Riedinaustin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Easy/fast to put on even with the head scarf which supposedly is the fastest testing
Quote Reply
Re: Alex Dowsett's "The Big Test" Aero Series [Ryanppax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have the Rudy(not the newest on the tour) if you want to pay for shipping, I'll send it your way.
Quote Reply
Re: Alex Dowsett's "The Big Test" Aero Series [Ryanppax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ryanppax wrote:
Anyone want to let me borrow some helmets for my testing with desertdude next month? ;)

What dates?
Quote Reply
Re: Alex Dowsett's "The Big Test" Aero Series [MrTri123] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I put the helmet in my cart, but wonder how hot this will be. It doesn't appear to have any vents and I feel like the sock would drive me crazy, especially on a hot day in July or August while racing. The guys who use this only use it for an hour or less in a TT and don't have to run or have an elevated HR from swimming prior. I am going to hold off until someone chimes in about it's use and how they felt.

I love Alex's videos and have been watching them all.
Quote Reply
Re: Alex Dowsett's "The Big Test" Aero Series [littlefoot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
littlefoot wrote:
I put the helmet in my cart, but wonder how hot this will be. It doesn't appear to have any vents and I feel like the sock would drive me crazy, especially on a hot day in July or August while racing. The guys who use this only use it for an hour or less in a TT and don't have to run or have an elevated HR from swimming prior. I am going to hold off until someone chimes in about it's use and how they felt.

I love Alex's videos and have been watching them all.

Dont we have studies showing the overheating due to a hot helmet is false? I have been using no vent helmets for years and never had an issue.

Quote Reply

Prev Next