Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Air purifiers
Quote | Reply
All, and I do mean ALL, of my neighbors at in the apartment complex SMOKE. Reason #472 that Boulder is NOT a healthy place. I want to get an air purifier. Anyone have a recommendation for me? Hunter makes a nice one...on the adds anyway. I'd like for it to "clean" up to 400sqft.

Tha..hack..than..cough..thank..sneeze..thank you.
Quote Reply
Re: Air purifiers [voitgh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
http://www.prostar-mechanical.com/...x/sanuvox_uv_air.htm

Full disclosure: I know the owner of this company personally (he is my dad).

I have used the portable one of these - it's great. Years ago I moved into a new place that just stunk of chinese food, put this in for a day or two and it was gone. They obviously won't remove the source of the smell (it won't kick your neighbours out), but does a great job of removing odours from smoke, animals, food, VOCs, as well as killing airborne bacteria, etc. I will be putting in an in-duct one when I get my own home.
Last edited by: thunderlegs: Mar 12, 07 12:34
Quote Reply
Re: Air purifiers [thunderlegs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Unit Price in CDN funds $504.00 $744.00 $736.00

That's like 2 month worth of rent!! I'm only here 'till June. Perhaps I'll find one a little more befitting a person a lower budget.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Reason #254 that Boulder IS a good place to live - DAMN CHEAP rent.

(I've never been to Boulder, so don't know what the other 253 reasons might be).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Many air cleaners do a really poor job. Consumer reports did some testing a while ago, you might check your local library for issues. I seem to remember they found that the ones by the sharper image were really poor.

I had a HEPA filter that I picked up from Sears on sale or closeout cheap a few years ago when in a similar situation. Seemed to work pretty well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Move!

(and don't forget to tell the management).

I wouldn't get an air purifier. It actually makes air more "dirty" under certain circumstances. More hazards than by the residual smoke.

There has been a big fuss about the problems with air-purifiers recently.

I wouldn't use one. If you absolutely have to, passive filtration is the way to go.