Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Ahhh I can almost smell the Spring Classics....
Quote | Reply
Who can provide the definitive best site for streaming sans commercials of the classics? It seems from one year to the next the quality of the stream changes, for me anyway. Then I end up in a frantic Google search mid-race to find a link that won't lock up!
Quote Reply
Re: Ahhh I can almost smell the Spring Classics.... [tigerpaws] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
learn to speak Flemish
http://www.steephill.tv/

or learn to like commercials
http://www.cycling.tv/...&DB_OEM_ID=20300
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Ahhh I can almost smell the Spring Classics.... [jackmott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jackmott wrote:
I can't wait to see how great a job Thor does pulling Gilbert to victory at Roubaix

Thor goes into the same category as Abdujaparov for me. Stud name. Total bad ass. His sweat causes the cobbles to disintegrate like Alien slobber! Cycling Xenomorphs.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
half of me wants him to win

the other half of me wants another Garmin domestique to beat him for whining about a team mate winning last year.

Kat Hunter reports on the San Dimas Stage Race from inside the GC winning team
Aeroweenie.com -Compendium of Aero Data and Knowledge
Freelance sports & outdoors writer Kathryn Hunter
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use this site for all kinds of sports including cycling. They normally list a bunch of links for the classics and I have always been able to get at least one of them to work well. Usually English eurosport.

http://www.sportlemon.tv/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think he redeemed himself at the TdF. But I don't think he's good enough to win a monument. If he was, he would've won one already.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I can usually find a link that works on one of these two sites:

http://cyclingfans.com/
http://www.procyclinglive.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Ahhh I can almost smell the Spring Classics.... [eganski] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'd agree were it not for Gilbert, Hincapie and Thor potentially causing a lot of headaches if they all line up together. Add in support riders like Van Avermaert, Burghardt and even Cadel, and the chance for Thor to slip away with one is pretty good.
Quote Reply
Re: Ahhh I can almost smell the Spring Classics.... [Carl Spackler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think Thor would've had Roubaix three years ago if he didn't overcook that corner 10k from the finish when he was away with Cancellara. I'm rooting for him...

As much as it would be amazing to see, I don't see any freaking way Gilbert can win Roubaix. He's got the power-to-weight to win on the Huy or the col St Nicolas, but hasn't got the flat-out watts to win at Flanders or Roubaix.
Quote Reply
Re: Ahhh I can almost smell the Spring Classics.... [dongustav] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Would have been a really interesting finish on the boards had Thor not lost it on that corner. Fabian has way more sprint that people give him credit for but not sure he'd be able to take Thor on a 2-up.

Gilbert has said he's not going to ride Roubaix, which is not really his course. But *if* he did, just his presence would alter how other teams have to approach the race. He's def got the watts -- he goes on some long flyers and is also the Belgian TT champ - but riding the cobbles is a different race than what he's really good at.
Quote Reply
Re: Ahhh I can almost smell the Spring Classics.... [Carl Spackler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just got through my second time round watching all the 2011 classics on DVD while riding my trainer... given its only Feb 21st, I might have to start back at the beginning and watch them through again...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't see anyone beating Boonen and Cancellara in the monuments or the classics they race to win. And call me crazy, but I see Wiggins sneaking onto the podium in Roubaix.
Quote Reply
Re: Ahhh I can almost smell the Spring Classics.... [dongustav] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I know, La Primavera is still 3+ weeks away. It's like being 4 hours into a 5 hour ride and thinking about a burrito.
Quote Reply
Re: Ahhh I can almost smell the Spring Classics.... [eganski] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Boonen looks to be a force this year and Fabian has a fire in his belly--apparently it has been going around that team since '10. You might be right: Goss didn't take him by much at M-SR. BUT, Shack-Nissan-Leopard-Trek-Frandy is very one-dimensional. I mean, is anyone that worried about Rast or Zaugg if Fabian is isolated?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carl Spackler wrote:
I know, La Primavera is still 3+ weeks away. It's like being 4 hours into a 5 hour ride and thinking about a burrito.

I can't wait
http://www.txbra.org/.../2012LaPrimavera.pdf

(i make joke)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
CBSSports will be broadcasting at least a few of the classics live, and cyclingtorrents.nl usually has some pretty high quality captures after the fact. I'm usually at work, so I don't have the chance to watch very many live.

John

Top notch coaching: Francois and Accelerate3 | Follow on Twitter: LifetimeAthlete |
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Does it just make no sense for Fab at some point to maybe slim down and see if he can get some mountain goat in his legs? I realize that is probably a decision made by Johan, but man it would be fun to see if he could....or maybe he loses what makes him so nasty in doing that I dunno. When I watch that beast I'm just in total awe. I realize their are 'horses for courses', but just wonder what would happen if he ever trained to be a podium guy in a grand tour. Has he ever done that in his career or is that just nonsense for his skill sets?
Last edited by: tigerpaws: Feb 21, 12 12:45
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
tigerpaws wrote:
Does it just make no sense for Fab at some point to maybe slim down and see if he can get some mountain goat in his legs? When I watch that beast I'm just in total awe. I realize their are 'horses for courses', but just wonder what would happen if he ever trained to be a podium guy in a grand tour. Has he ever done that in his career or is that just nonsense for his skill sets?

could be, but he has to put being awesome in jeopardy to try it, and it might not work.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think we're going to see that with Tony Martin. Cancellara, I think, has let that dream go.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
During the year Fabian just blew everyone away in the Classics (2010), I believe Eddy Merckx went on record saying he should slim down and have a go at the TdF. If I recall correctly, Canc said that before he even thought about that he wanted to win all of the monuments.
Quote Reply
Re: Ahhh I can almost smell the Spring Classics.... [dwesley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dwesley wrote:
Canc said that before he even thought about that he wanted to win all of the monuments.

Respect

Quote Reply
Re: Ahhh I can almost smell the Spring Classics.... [Devlin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In addition to already showing the Tour Down Under and tour of Qatar, NBC Sports Network will have the Giro, the Tour and the Vuelta, plus Calfornia & USpro challenge, plus Paris-Tours, Roubaix, Fleche Wallone, L-B-L, Milan-San Remo, Tirreno Adriatico, Tour of Basquw Country and then Worlds...

line-up is here: http://advertise.nbcsports.com/on-air/cycling/

I watched the recap on Qatar this weekend and was loving it in full HD - none of this fuzzy crap that universal sports has had in years past.

I can't find yet where Flanders will be shown, not sure how they missed that one...
Quote Reply
Re: Ahhh I can almost smell the Spring Classics.... [dwesley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well he would have to slim down to get L-B-L and Lombardie
Quote Reply

Prev Next