Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Affordable bike transport France to USA
Quote | Reply
I am racing IM Nice with some friends in June and plan on doing some traveling after and flying out of another city after we are finished.

We were going to fly to the race with our bikes but wanting to ship them back with some sort of package service(UPS, DHL, FedEx) but when we started looking all the quotes are in the $500-$1200 range which seems a bit excessive since post race we are not looking to have the bikes back immediately.

We looked in to Tribike transport but it looks like that won't be happening from at least my part of the US.

Are there any affordable $150-200 range to get our bikes packed in a standard sized bike box back to the USA from France?

Anyone have any suggestions besides lugging our bike boxes with us the whole time?

-Chris

---
You'e opinion is only as good as your signature line
-Chris
Quote Reply
Re: Affordable bike transport France to USA [ChrisTN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was looking for the same thing two years ago and the best price I found was $680.

Perhaps a flight luggage service may work for you? I know some people that did it what I was there.

jaretj
Quote Reply
Re: Affordable bike transport France to USA [ChrisTN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Get a Ruster Sports Armored Hen House and check it on your flight.

If you're staying at a nice hotel or B&B they will probably look after your bags before/after the race if you're planning on doing some traveling in the country (tip the concierge/bell hop well).

That's what we did for IM South Africa last year and it worked out really well. I couldn't find a reasonable shipping service, but more importantly, I couldn't find a RELIABLE shipping service. The last thing you want, after training for so long, is for your bike to NOT show up at your race destination. It can happen if you check the bike too, but I feel like it is more likely to make it to the destination this way.

Good luck!