Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Aerobar Waterbottles?
Quote | Reply
I am looking to get a decent Aerobar Waterbottle for my upcoming 70.5 race. Anyone recommend one? I am looking at two of them right now. The PRO aerofuel Bottle and the Torhans AeroZ Hydration Bottle. Anyone have these? What do you think about them?

Anyone one have another one they recommend? I dont want to spend too much on it though.

2020 Team Zoot MTN
Quote Reply
Re: Aerobar Waterbottles? [sabotony] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Xlabs FC, Profile Design HC, Speed Fill A2... Or zip tie a bottle cage between your bars.

Just stay away from the ones that hang down between the bars toward the front wheel. Ugly and a big wind drag.

"...the street finds its own uses for things"
Quote Reply
Re: Aerobar Waterbottles? [AutomaticJack] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
all the ones listed work well, some will be a little better on certain aerobar setups.

Also, don't do 70.5... that extra .2 will cost you time!

My Blog - http://leegoocrap.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
AutomaticJack wrote:
Just stay away from the ones that hang down between the bars toward the front wheel. Ugly and a big wind drag.

I thought the Torhans bottles tested out pretty well?

-Andrew
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a TorHans AeroZ (Ghost White) and AeroMount I will sell you. It has been used on the trainer for a few weeks and used for one sprint distance race. The setup cost me $90 plus shipping. I'll take $60 shipped. Email me at ryanharrison at sbcglobal dot net if you're interested. Ryan
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:

Depends upon the bike & where the bottle is positioned relative to the head tube. it can save significant watts or it can cost watts.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Last edited by: desert dude: May 4, 15 12:17
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have tried almost every setup on the market and continually look to upgrade but in three years I have not been able to find anything that works better for me than my Torhans Aero 20, including the aero z.
Quote Reply
Re: Aerobar Waterbottles? [rlhbusl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Why are you selling it?

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Aerobar Waterbottles? [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My wife doesn't like washing it. Ryan
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do any of these leak while riding? I currently have the XLab torpedo w/ the Xlab water bottle, but as I'm riding the vibrations cause the fluids to drip out all over my bike.
I've been told the straw ones are a mess too, but have no experience with them
Quote Reply
Re: Aerobar Waterbottles? [rlhbusl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Awesome response. Something al bundy would have said.
Quote Reply
Re: Aerobar Waterbottles? [lovebonovox] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We have 2 Profile Design HC systems (the ones that look like white submarines with black noses) and they have never leaked.

Never used any of the others, so I can't tell you.

"...the street finds its own uses for things"
Quote Reply