Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Aero equipment amnesty
Quote | Reply
As a number of forum members seem to be having persistent doubts about whether they are worthy of having "fast" gear I'm going to make a limited time offer:

No you are not worthy of whatever it is you have just bought, yes you will look ridiculous in the race and people will take note of your number so that they can check the results and laugh at how slow you were despite your flash helmet/wheels/frame/lacelocks etc. Because I want to help you avoid this shameful situation I am going to allow you to turn in whatever items that you're not sure you deserve and I shall make sure they find their way to a worthy home (mine).

I will use the equipment in the way it deserves and you will be able to sleep easy in the knowledge that humiliation has been averted.

How do you determine whether you should take advantage of my generous offer:

1. Does the name of the product include the words "aero" or "speed weapon" or the like.

2. Did you pause to ask yourself "will I look geeky" when you opened the package

3. Have you posted on ST asking if it's appropropriate for you to use "x product"

If you answered in the affirmative to greater than or equal to two of the above questions you are clearly not worthy and will not enjoy or use the product as you should. Lucky I'm here to save you.

If you are considering purchasing an item the same criteria apply, however, in this instance you should just send cash and I shall put it to use in funding windtunnel visits.

This offer only applies to cycling equipment and runs until the end of august. Given my current level of swimming and running I probably have to send my googles, wetsuit and running shoes to a more deserving athlete. But I think I might just use what I've got, enjoy it and not worry about what others will think of me for having it.

PS I don't like treks or shimaNO so don't send those
Quote Reply
Re: Aero equipment amnesty [cyclenutnz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You want my Rudi Project helmet (with the oversize goggles), my P3C (with maximum spacers and a riser stem), my Z999's (with additional sponsor stickers - I'm not sponsored...), my $900 Predator Super Apex self inflating wetsuit and my dimpled hub and biddons?

You want this stuff, you come and get em, and bring guns, lots of guns cause your gonna need em.

I'm off to get my arse waxed.
Quote Reply
Re: Aero equipment amnesty [cyclenutnz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a Briko head fairing for you. Given that it is a rare, out of production item of the same type used by the greatest cyclists in the world, I would be willing to trade. I'll give you the head fairing if you give me US$350.

I think that is a pretty fair deal.

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply