Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Aero Helmet for an Olympic Race
Quote | Reply
Hello all, one question.

This Sunday I have a local Olympic, relative small field (150)... I'm MOP swimmer, but a FOP Cyclist...

Should I use my Aero Helmet? Normally, I have to ride a couple of miles alone, until I catch a nice group... so.. maybe the first half of the 40k there's a posibillity that I have to ride it alone...

Would you use it?

thanks,
Quote Reply
Re: Aero Helmet for an Olympic Race [charlie21] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
what is the downside of using it?

Quote | Reply
Shouldn't you be riding the whole thing "alone", unless ITU of course?

But yes, I personally would wear it if it gives any advantage at all.

Quote | Reply
why would you not use it?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think I'd skip it. I read on ST that aero helmets really only help if you're riding over 70mph. Or was it 80??
Quote Reply
Re: Aero Helmet for an Olympic Race [cslone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Shouldn't you be riding the whole thing "alone", unless ITU of course?

Yeah, it's not even Clearwater...

Forget speedwork. Speedwork is the icing on the cake and you don't have a cake yet. - MattinSF

Basically they have 9 tenants, live life to the fullest, do not turn the cheak, and embrace the 7 deadly since. - TheForge (on satanists)
Quote Reply
Re: Aero Helmet for an Olympic Race [roady] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Unless your bike is an F1 car

Forget speedwork. Speedwork is the icing on the cake and you don't have a cake yet. - MattinSF

Basically they have 9 tenants, live life to the fullest, do not turn the cheak, and embrace the 7 deadly since. - TheForge (on satanists)
Quote Reply
Re: Aero Helmet for an Olympic Race [roady] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
it was 85mph. As a matter of fact, you can ride into the wind with batman's cape, and it won't bother you at all because you're too slow.
Look Pantani...his ears never bothered him and he was a pro.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What difference would catching a group make for the decision? What were you planning to do when you caught "the group"?

----------------------------------
Justin in Austin, get it? :)

Cool races:
- Redman
- Desoto American Triple T
Quote Reply
Re: Aero Helmet for an Olympic Race [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:

Look Pantani...his ears never bothered him and he was a pro.

Hmmm..... I'm not so sure. Didn't Pantani's time trialing dramatically improve after he got his ears 'fixed'?? I'm sure it was the ears.....
Quote Reply
Re: Aero Helmet for an Olympic Race [Justin in OK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Locally the Olympic and Sprint races are "draft legal", don't blame me, I know is not legal, but those are the RD rules...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Whats the point of having one of those things if you arent going to wear it in a race?

--------------------------

Team Timex 2014
@ajhodges
Quote Reply
Re: Aero Helmet for an Olympic Race [Lazy Ben] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You mean there was drafting at clearwater??? :)

Grant

Grant
----------------------------------------------------
Proudly sponsored by Desoto Sports
Please Support CAF every little bit helps http://raceforareason.kintera.org/grantreuter
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Locally the Olympic and Sprint races are "draft legal", don't blame me, I know is not legal, but those are the RD rules...
Wow! Where is this "local" place? In the US?

----------------------------------
Justin in Austin, get it? :)

Cool races:
- Redman
- Desoto American Triple T
Quote Reply
Re: Aero Helmet for an Olympic Race [cyclonehockey21] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I heard an unsubtantiated rumour that a small group developed for a couple of miles at one point... :)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
by small group, you mean less than 50 riders?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
By small group, I mean less than every rider in the race. And by a few miles I mean all of them. And by unsubstantiated I mean there's hundreds of photos :)

Too much sarcasm for you Francois?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Never ;-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I could start writing in pink for you...

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's ok...we all know you're a Pommie.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Careful or I'll challenge you to a 24 hour eating contest and call you rude names then decide to hold it at paulo's house...

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Why would we hold an eating contest at paulos house that makes no sense.

Grant

Grant
Please Support CAF every little bit helps http://raceforareason.kintera.org/grantreuter
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
mr ultra tri guy (why?) offered francois a 24 hr bike race and then decided to have it in paulo's home town. I'm still enjoying the memory of that thread, it was the highlight of my week :)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I know that... i was being sarcastic.... I just think we should have it somewhere besides paulos house cause we know no one eats down there.

Grant

Grant
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Aaargh...I've been outsarcasmed by a non-brit...I'm off to shoot myself :)

So the big question is do they eat less at paulo's or desert dude's house? Jonnyo needs to answer that one.

Quote Reply

Prev Next