Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Advice on bike purchase
Quote | Reply
After 3 years racing with my road bike, I'm going to purchase my first tri bike. I've narrowed it down to a Specalized Shiv, Felt IA 10, Cervelo P3 and a Trek SC 9.5 (yeah, I know, not much narrowing). I've done a number of test rides, I've had a Retul fitting, and I've spoken to all the local dealers. So, for the most part, I think I know the pros and cons. But I'm looking for the collective judgment of this form as to perceptions on brand quality. Components aside, are any of these bikes made better than the others? I've been told that most bikes these days are actually manufactured in the same overseas factory and that there is a convergence in all bike design. This would suggest that the quality is the same among all the brands. Perhaps it's an impossible question, but I'm interested in the feedback of this forum. Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Advice on bike purchase [Celerius] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Of those, I'd narrow it down to the SC and IA 10.

Of that list of two, I'd probably lean toward the Trek only because there's an authorized dealer/service center a few miles from my house.

-------------------
Madison photographer Timothy Hughes | Instagram
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Trek Speed Concept or Cervelo P3

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Find a used bike. You will save TONS of money!! I got two this way.

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It seems your question is on quality... I would say that yes, all those bikes are similar in quality.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
all good quality. The one I can comment one personally is the Felt. I have had 2 IAs and they are fast, and the IA10 is the best bang for the buck imo.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Celerius wrote:
After 3 years racing with my road bike, I'm going to purchase my first tri bike. I've narrowed it down to a Specalized Shiv, Felt IA 10, Cervelo P3 and a Trek SC 9.5 (yeah, I know, not much narrowing). I've done a number of test rides, I've had a Retul fitting, and I've spoken to all the local dealers. So, for the most part, I think I know the pros and cons. But I'm looking for the collective judgment of this form as to perceptions on brand quality. Components aside, are any of these bikes made better than the others? I've been told that most bikes these days are actually manufactured in the same overseas factory and that there is a convergence in all bike design. This would suggest that the quality is the same among all the brands. Perhaps it's an impossible question, but I'm interested in the feedback of this forum. Thanks.

You really can't go wrong with any of those bikes. I would pick the one that best fits your Retul fitting.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
wondering what bike you picked????

I'm looking at SC 7.5, Cervelo P3 (possibly Di2), BMC TM01 (previous year model). Also looked at new BMC TM02, integrated storage. Having a hard time deciding.
Quote Reply
Re: Advice on bike purchase [dp1122] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I got sucked into the P5x marketing and decided to wait....I won't be buying it, however. I've decided on the Felt IA (based primarily on looks) but have yet to purchase..
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nice. I have a couple of Felts, and they are great quality bikes with really good bang for your buck. Don't forget to post your new IA in the 'show us your ride' thread when you get it!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Celerius wrote:
I got sucked into the P5x marketing and decided to wait....I won't be buying it, however. I've decided on the Felt IA (based primarily on looks) but have yet to purchase..

Good call! Quality is good on all those brands, if you fit correctly on all four then looks and how much you like the bike is the last thing to consider. The Specialized is god awful ugly IMO, the Trek is blah, the Felt and Cervelo would be my options and I would probably go Felt, just an awesome looking bike!
Quote Reply