Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Adelaide Slowtwitchers
Quote | Reply
I'll be at Duathlon Worlds in Adelaide Australia mid-October ... With the bike flight/shipping options from the US pretty astronomical I'm considering a rental. Any ST'ers looking to rent out a 52/Med TT or roadie? Would be good coin for a 2-3 day rental, and I would be forever indebted.

Mods, sorry if this is the wrong forum.

You never have the wind with you - either it is against you or you're having a good day. ~Daniel Behrman
Quote Reply
Re: Adelaide Slowtwitchers [Lacticbath] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mr. Bath. Sorry, but I've missed you by a couple of years - moved out of Adelaide in 2013. Having said that, the Lakers Triathlon Club might have someone not racing at the Du Worlds. Also, given that the race is at the Barossa Valley (about 60ks north of Adelaide), getting the bike to the race itself might be a challenge.

Oh, and be prepared to grind up Mengler's Hill...

I will let you down.
Quote Reply
Re: Adelaide Slowtwitchers [BFrost] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BFrost wrote:
Mr. Bath. Sorry, but I've missed you by a couple of years - moved out of Adelaide in 2013. Having said that, the Lakers Triathlon Club might have someone not racing at the Du Worlds. Also, given that the race is at the Barossa Valley (about 60ks north of Adelaide), getting the bike to the race itself might be a challenge.

Oh, and be prepared to grind up Mengler's Hill...

Umm. Race is actually in Adelaide. Transition in Elder Park and bike course using a fair bit of the circuit used for the final stage of the Tour Down Under (Memorial Drive/Montefiore Hill).

So, not as difficult as you might think.

I'm an Adelaide native but haven't lived there for 16 years but I was in town for the Duathlon last October. I couldn't race but had a look at the course and it's a cracker.

Adelaide's a beautiful city with everything within easy reach. Hope you enjoy your stay. Try and check out as much of the day tripping as you can while you're there. Barossa, Adelaide Hills, Southern Vales, Fleurieu Peninsula, just to name a few.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi. I cannot help with a bike personally. But you could look at hiring from a bike shop. Try Searching Bike Society on Anzac Highway. Or JT Cycles. Both have Specialized bikes that can be hired. PM me if you want more help.
Or if you fly Qantas the bike is included and up to 30kg of luggage.
In Reply To:
Quote Reply
Re: Adelaide Slowtwitchers [downesy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the responses and the suggestions - I'll reach out to a few of the aforementioned clubs and shops ... I really appreciate it!!!

You never have the wind with you - either it is against you or you're having a good day. ~Daniel Behrman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You could also try with the Adelaide Vales. I used to live there, and train with them. Great bunch of people.
Leo
Quote Reply