Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Adamo saddle
Quote | Reply
Hi,

I would like to have some information from Adamo users. I'm currently using a Adamo Racing II saddle for the last 2 year but I had always find it a little bit too large at the tip.

Is the Adamo Attack better for that? What is the real difference between the 2.

Thanks,
Fred
Quote Reply
Re: Adamo saddle [quickguru] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In a somewhat similar position to you.
I currently have an ISM TT and find the outside edges of the prongs to be a little too far apart.

I'm considering switching to the ISM Road, as this looks narrower.
Quote Reply
Re: Adamo saddle [Liaman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had to laugh just a little at the thread. I haven't compared the various models mentioned in the previous 2 posts in person, but I have been considering opening up my saddle search once again.

After riding a bit on the trainer in the last few months I am just not happy with the comfort. Sometimes I wonder if "the grass is always greener"! I am on the ISM Road (and have been for about 3.5 years, perhaps equivalent of ~8k miles). Some of the time I had zip-tied the prongs a little closer together, but often end up with slightly raw spots or sores in the creases of my leg / crotch / sit bones. Wondering if a narrower saddle would help...

Anyway, I don't know if the Road is a narrower option for you. See if you can compare the two in person and/or find a demo store that will let you ride it for a bit before buying.

Personally I am curious about the PR 1.1, or may go with a Prologue or even other brand (Specialized Sitero, Bontrager Hilo). My wife has a Prologue on her bike and I "borrowed" it for a month or so and seemed to be a little better (narrower at the end but also longer and more gradual widening), yet perhaps for me uncomfortable in different spots.

I feel like I am in a never ending search for comfort and wonder if it even exists for me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Check out the Cobb JOF 55.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Does anybody from ISM post here on ST?
Hopefully we can lure them in with this thread and get some info.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Liaman wrote:
Does anybody from ISM post here on ST?
Hopefully we can lure them in with this thread and get some info.

I don't know if you'll have that luck.

Have you been to their website? Three basic shapes, different padding and subtle shape changes within each group. They have a pretty demo network too.

http://www.ismseat.com/performance-saddles/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just switched from the TT to the Road due to pinching / rubbing issues. Feels MUCH better now.
Quote Reply
Re: Adamo saddle [wcb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do you find the Road to have less overall size at the front?
What differences have you noticed?

If you could be specific with details then that would be really helpful.
Thanks.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I bring this up simply b/c I went through 'too wide' issues with Adamo when I first tried them. TomA gave me a bit of a tutorial on how to approach sitting on it and while I'm butchering how eloquently he put it here is how I got past all that. May or may not help you, but figured I'd throw this in your thread in case it might help. Footnote: I had such horrible prostatitis at one point I was off the bike for several months and was unsure if I would ever be able to find a way to ride again!

Get way off the front, as in obviously too far off the front so you barely have any butt cheeks touching the saddle. It's key you are not slouching or bending at the waist, but at the hips. BIG difference. Now, slowly back up until your nuts come into contact with the saddle prongs. I am assuming with a name like Fred you are not a split tail so ladies, not sure our 'landmarks' will work for you sorry:/ That's how I approach it whether on road or tt with the Adamo Road. Once my bean bag makes contact with the front of the saddle I know that's my perch! I ride so comfortably and pain free I can unclip from the pedals and put my feet up in the air. Adamo allowed me to finally learn what it means to load up the saddle and rotate around the bb.

Hope that helps.
Last edited by: tigerpaws: May 26, 15 7:29
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Watching this thread out of interest and for info.

Bought a Prologue (second hand, thank god) and then raced (if coming about dead last can be considered racing) the day after, on it (yes I know, not smart).
Now have two large unhappy spots, where I have never had unhappy spots before, so need all the info I can get on fitting.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My specific issue was the outer edge where the pad in your shorts ends. It felt like there was pinching / rubbing against my right inner thigh. I tried multiple shorts but had the same issue. I wound up going in for a Retul bike fit and we talked about it. He recommended the Road and referred to it as a "wider" saddle. Honestly it seemed counter intuitive that putting a wider saddle on would reduce rubbing on the inner thigh. I just checked the Adamo web site to verify front widths on the two but did not see dimensions anywhere. The other thing he mentioned is that on the TT there is a gel padding that ends somewhere down the top and transitions to something else; the Road has gel that goes the full length so there's not a transition there. Again, all of this is per my fitter.

I will say he wound up bringing my saddle forward as part of the fit but I really don't think that did anything for the pinching / rubbing. We tried 4 or 5 different saddles and the Road felt the best. I highly recommend you go in and try out several different ones if you're having any issues, especially if you're looking at long course. Riding is uncomfortable enough with a good setup. Get as comfy as you can while still maintaining an aero profile.
Quote Reply
Re: Adamo saddle [phog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had thought I had my Adams set up properly when moving from a traditional saddle that had been set by Jim @ ERO. However, while it didn't feel terrible, I'm always getting dropped and climbs feel like torture when compared with people whom based on out fitness levels I shouldn't have trouble keeping up with. I read the article on Adamos that was just posted on the front page and went out with a tape measure to recheck and ended up moving my saddle back almost 2". With a fitting that was checked down to the millimeter, this is a HUGE change, and on my next ride, hills that I used to get destroyed on by my riding buddy, I passed him just spinning along then slowed up and was chatting without being winded.

Moral of the story, make very sure with these unconventional saddles that you're following their instructions and setting up correctly or you can be substantially handicapping yourself.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have the Adamo Racing saddle on my tri bike and the Century on my road bike. The Racing saddle is definitely narrower and less padded up front than the Century, but I don't know if there is another Adamo that is even more narrow.

According to the company, a large majority of the users who complain about the saddle being too wide at the front are not sitting far enough forward. Once I get used to it I am definitely more comfortable sitting so far forward that I feel like I am in danger of falling off the front. YMMV.

I have a couple of ancient Pearl Izumi leather chamois shorts that I love wearing on the Adamo. I wish I could still buy them. I have tried a variety of modern shorts and generally the wider the pad the better. Otherwise the edge of the Adamo jams the edge of the chamois up into the edge of me. My favorite right now is the Do Soto 400 mile bib shorts.
Quote Reply
Re: Adamo saddle [ONDave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There was a thread previously where someone had this issue. He drilled a small hole in the inside edge of the "prongs" and put in a zip tie to make pull them closer together. Even if this isn't the solution you go with longterm it could help determine the ideal width for you.
Quote Reply
Re: Adamo saddle [MarvinTPA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I changed to the Road on my road bike and the Time Trial on my TT and I find these two saddles very good. Not too big or too long......
Quote Reply
Re: Adamo saddle [Jimster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have had the Adamo road for 2 years and had no issues at all. Very comfy, and no chafing. Highly recommend.
Quote Reply