Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Adamo Attack - Tricks to get comfortable
Quote | Reply
I bought the Adamo Attack about a week ago or so. I have three rides on it so far, maybe 200 miles and I still cannot get comfortable on it. Yeah, I no longer have any numbness in the aero position, but that has been replaced by an awfully sore arse.

Any tricks? Will this improve or is it just a hard saddle that one has to deal with?
Quote Reply
Re: Adamo Attack - Tricks to get comfortable [justtrime] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Were you fit with an attack saddle or did you buy it because every else rides it?
Did you adjust your saddle from what ever your previous saddle was?
Ride more?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
When I was riding an Adamo on each of my bikes it only took a couple of rides (1-2) to get used to. I definitely didn't have a significant amount of soreness at any time. The Attack may just be the wrong Adamo for you or Adamo may not be the saddle brand for you. Way too many options out there not to have a happy arse! Smile

"Just don’t abandon everything you’ve ever learned because of something someone said on the internet." - Eric McGinnis
Last edited by: ScottWrigleyFit: Jul 6, 15 7:56
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Adamo recommend that their saddles should be further back and slightly lower than your regular saddle...

http://www.ismseat.com/setup-guide
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Some zip tie the front a little tighter together. It might help.
(did for me)
Quote Reply
Re: Adamo Attack - Tricks to get comfortable [phog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I will try that. Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Adamo Attack - Tricks to get comfortable [PeteDin206] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nope, just bought it to try it based on recommendations. Don't have any time to make it to a bike shop and go through a fitting etc. Going to try to adjust it first. If it doesn't work out, I'll just go back to my trusty Fizik Arione.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Zip tie the rails, or?

Looked at it, but it appears they're firmly held in place by the saddle mount.
Quote Reply
Re: Adamo Attack - Tricks to get comfortable [jakesdk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Zip tie the rails closer together toward the front of the saddle.

Make sure that you do not have the saddle mounted toward the front of the rails, as this will make it impossible to pull the nose together.
I had to reverse the stem mount (Cervello has two mounts), then push the saddle as far forward as I could. Ended up in much the same position.
Don't forget that with the Adamo, you ride on the front of the saddle, don't set it up like a normal saddle where you ride with the whole saddle under you.

Keep the body glide handy for a while.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Got it! Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Adamo Attack - Tricks to get comfortable [jakesdk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Push your saddle further back and lower the height. Also set it level, above all what works on the trainer might not be comfortable outside on the road so bring some tools and play around with it outside.
Quote Reply
Re: Adamo Attack - Tricks to get comfortable [EnderWiggan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good tips, thanks. I've been using good amount of vasoline as lube, per the post above about the body glide. I will try those other things mentioned.

By the way, any good tips for storing a flat kit under the saddle? Looks like it has plenty of room to stash a Co2 and tube under the saddle for aero efficiency. Thanks.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I keep my tube in a small pouch under my Adamo Road saddle. That's about al I can fit. To set up the saddle, first follow the diections on the ISM website. Second, put the bike on the trainer, see how it feels and fine tune it ( may have to move it back or foroward and change the tilt. Finally, take a couple of allen wrenches with you on your next couple of rides and fine tune it some more. It's easy, just take your time.

---------------------------
''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! 😂 '' Murphy's Law
Quote Reply
Re: Adamo Attack - Tricks to get comfortable [PeteDin206] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
so is this adamo's top selling saddle?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If the Adamo doesn't work out and you like the Arione, give the Fizik Tritone a shot...I think it's modeled after the Arione but with more of a noseless design. I tried several Adamo saddles and couldn't get comfortable, but I love the Tritone.
Quote Reply
Re: Adamo Attack - Tricks to get comfortable [harryt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can second this; although I hated the Arione. I just got a Tritone and have a few rides under my belt. Already love it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
justtrime wrote:
Nope, just bought it to try it based on recommendations. Don't have any time to make it to a bike shop and go through a fitting etc. Going to try to adjust it first. If it doesn't work out, I'll just go back to my trusty Fizik Arione.

If it doesn't work you don't have to go back to the Fizik. Instead I would take advantage of Cobb Cycling free 90-day trial period. They have lots of saddles to choose from. A lot of pros (non-sponsored) are riding various Cobb Saddles. Of those pros a lot are on the JOF which I hear really good things about. A lot of switched to the Randee for the road bike as well. I have been on the Max for many years and love it, although I feel like I should give the JOF a try just so I can have more experience when people ask about it. If you have questions give Cobb Cycling a call and they will be answer to make a recommendation based on your goals, fitness, riding preferences etc.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply