Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Acute Knee "Pain" cycling
Quote | Reply
this weekend all of a sudden a started getting a hot spot on my right knee right between the head of my VMO and the patella. the "pain" seems to only be present during the down-stroke and lingers a bit when climbing stairs or squatting. Not present in running

I didnt change my fit at all.
Any thoughts on, fit, mobility or otherwise to get ahead of it before it become s a problem would be appreciated.
Quote Reply
Re: Acute Knee "Pain" cycling [JustTooFarr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just throwing it out there, and not sure if it would pertain to you. At the beginning of the season I started having some really bad knee issues in my knee that I don't really have problems with. Messed with my fit which didn't seem to help, and finally went and got a professional fit again. As it turns out, I just needed new cleats. My old ones were so rough and a little bowed from tightening them down, that they weren't allowing for any float and effectively locking my leg in place. New set of cleats, and some ships to keep everything level corrected the problem.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Try adjusting your cleats. I had a similar problem, a simple tweak to the cleat fixed it.
Quote Reply
Re: Acute Knee "Pain" cycling [ninagski] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I guess i will give that a shot, strange they haven't caused me issues before
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A couple of things will cause my knees to hurt. (1) if I let me knees wander out at the top of the pedal stroke, instead of staying in line parallel to the bike. (2) if I push too hard for a long time. Either increasing cadence or lifting more helps this.
Quote Reply
Re: Acute Knee "Pain" cycling [xpda] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's not so much general knee pain I am concerned about. It's the acute and sorvifuc nature of this hot spot that I'm trying to figure out
Quote Reply
Re: Acute Knee "Pain" cycling [ninagski] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ninagski wrote:
Try adjusting your cleats. I had a similar problem, a simple tweak to the cleat fixed it.

x2. New bike and new shoes; I had to adjust my cleat where my heel was turned a bit further out.
Quote Reply