Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Accom suggestions at Hawaii IM for coachdaz
Quote | Reply
Dear List, I am a bit of a newby at this Hawaii IM game having only coached one athlete before (Kate Allen 2006) and I am attending again this year with one athlete in order to learn some more. I was after some advice on accom for the week of the event (mon to sunday): like what part of town should I look at staying or perhaps there might be a share arrangement with a coach or experienced athlete that could also work. My wife and I are not that fussy, and it might be a good chance to exchange ideas and the like....I might not know that much about IM, but I am not too bad at the rest. Thanks in advance, Darren
Quote Reply
Re: Accom suggestions at Hawaii IM for coachdaz [coachdaz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

We rented a place off craigs list for last years race.

We stayed on La'aloa Ave. It was down by the 4 mile mark off Ali'i Drive.

Found the benefit of being a little way out of town was you're not consumed by all the hype and seeing athletes going by your window every 30 seconds - but it was still close enough to zip in on a moped or your bike. Lot's of nice snorkel beaches down there too if that takes your fancy, and a supermarket just up the hill (1 mile away).

The roads were closed off down there during the event and hence getting a vehicle in and out would not be an option, but by the afternoon it seemed acceptable for people to be going back and forth to town on bikes / mopeds.

Being a coach you may wish to be closer to the action though for networking.

A lovely town and an experience you'll want to repeat once you've experienced I'm sure.
Quote Reply
Re: Accom suggestions at Hawaii IM for coachdaz [coachdaz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kona Islander Inn is great for budget shoppers and is right on the strip.
Quote Reply