Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

A simple question
Quote | Reply
Alright, so I just recieved a P3SL in the mail on friday, I have good plans for my components and all, BUT I need some handlebar advice. Now, i'm trying to find an aero handlebar, I would like to know if the best thing to buy would be a basebar and some clipon bars, or just a one peice bar like easton makes... can someone please guide me in the right direction?

------------------------------------------------------------------
"The aspect of sport that you learn is that you have your good times and your bad times, but you share it with great people." - George Gregan

Quote Reply
Re: A simple question [Ted McGregor] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well, if you want to LOOK cool then you need to buy one of the one-piece allegedly aero bars made out of cabon fibre, of course. If you want something that is more flexible in terms of using different bars with different clip-ons that will give you exactly the same perfomance, then almost any old pursuit bar/clip-on combo will do. The market has become very competitive and you could probably buy a good clip-on Profile, Syntace, Visiontech or Deda. I'm sure there are others I missed.

I used a set of one-piece bars with airfoil shapes and it didn't make a bit of difference in my speed. I would recommand a flat pursuit bar and any of the current bolt-on bars. In aluminum.

Chad
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I personally like the Vision base bar. You can match it up with whatever clip-on you like. The vision is a great value and allows for easier cusotmization of your front end than any of the all-in-one units.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Be sure the one piece bars fit you. The stems are generally built in and not adjustable, except a few like Oval. Thats why I ended up with a Vision base bar and Vision Clip-ons, this way I can change stem lengths. I've ridden lots of combinations of bars and clip-ons and this is the best. No cone peice bar will fit me, so I went with the clip-ons, no regrets!!

Paul
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Visiontech base bar. Good price and you can slap in the clip-on you want. The VT clip-on is not bad either. I have trouble qualifying the Easton one-piece as aero. But it does look good.

-
"Yeah, no one likes a smartass, but we all like stars" - Thom Yorke

smartasscoach.tri-oeiras.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
let this be your guide:

http://biketechreview.com/consumers.htm

(discalaimer: I have no affiliation...)

g

greg
www.wattagetraining.com