Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

AT VINEMAN---NEED HELP FAST!!
Quote | Reply
I am up in Santa Rosa and going to do Vineman tomorrow. I need something that works to carry my endurolytes in, keeps them dry, and lets me actually pop them down easily. I tried a tick tack plastic container, and it is hard to get the pills out. Any suggestions FAST!!

Lar Dog
Quote Reply
Re: AT VINEMAN---NEED HELP FAST!! [LADAVIDSON] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
35mm film case with a cotton ball (so they don't shake around) or maybe one of the plastic tubes Mini M&Ms come in

If there is a Hammer Nutrition guy at the race he might have some of the little zip-lock baggies they sell.

hope that helps, good luck

Jim
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Go to a drugstore or other business with a film developing service and get one of the little plastic cylindrical containers that they put the original film into after it's developed. They hold a bunch of endurolyes/salt tabs and easily fit into the pockets of your jersey or tri suit.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just stick them in a little plastic bag. At Lake Placid I simply took the plastic covering for the glasses in the hotel, cut it to the right size, and dropped the capsules in there. It offered plenty of protection to the capsules.

I am not sure if this approach would work well enough if it were raining hard, but in normal conditions it worked fine. I am sure there are better approaches.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Like rgr suggested the mini m&m works great, you can pop it open with your thumb and the cap stays on so you dont have to fumble around with it. It is also considerable skinnier than a film cannister, so you cover half of the opening up with your thumb and shake until a capsule pops in your mouth. My 2 cents
Quote Reply
Re: AT VINEMAN---NEED HELP FAST!! [ajfranke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That was fast....Thanks for the quick HELP!!

Lar Dog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Here's one more. I take one of those plastic pill containers with a section for each day of the week (like old people use.) I cut three off, leaving just four. One gets Ibuprofen, just in case, and the others get electrolytes. Each container is small so they don't jingle around much. Also, if you hit a bump or whatever and accidentally lose all the pills from one container you've still got the other two. I've used this in many IM's and have really liked it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

I use something like this. The rounded bottom helps in getting your tablets out. Like I said, I just cut Thursday, Friday and Saturday off.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
EZ-DOSE (who makes those little pill boxes) also makes pill bags. They are very small (maybe 1" x 2") zip-lock style bags. I double bag a couple "doses" (I use thermolyte, so two thermolytes) and swim with them in my pockets. Plus I have some doses in my bento box that are single bagged that I'll take on the bike.

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Please please PLEASE do not use a film canister. Film contains silver and other things that you do not want to ingest. It is imperative that you (or anyone) never put anything into a film canister that will later go into your body. Yes, that means weed too!

Partially-Hydrogenated
Quote Reply
Re: AT VINEMAN---NEED HELP FAST!! [triwz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
But what will you do if your race is on Saturday?
Quote Reply