Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
ADIZERO ADIOS PRO EVO 1
Quote | Reply
Now a woman on WR schedule in Berlin, as I understood on these shoes.
I still run Alphafly: any ideas if the Adidas are better? (don't mention the price: €500 here in Germany)
Last edited by: longtrousers: Sep 24, 23 1:47
Quote Reply
Re: ADIZERO ADIOS PRO EVO 1 [longtrousers] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
New WR by over 2 mins? I guess they work then.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The marketing team will have a field day with this !
Quote Reply
Re: ADIZERO ADIOS PRO EVO 1 [lassekk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Perhaps - but at £500 a pop, only good for 1 marathon and a bit of training and practically speaking unavailable I can't imagine many people choosing this over the Adios Pro 3's - which are amazing shoes in themselves. It is an amazing time though - absolutely no denying that.

ETA: Looks like the German winner was wearing them as well coming in under 2 hours and 5 minutes. You have to ask - if Eliud was wearing them would he be sub 2 hours?

He who understands the WHY, will understand the HOW.
Last edited by: earthling: Sep 24, 23 4:34
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yep -- couldn't have asked for a better roll-out. I think pure runners will invest in the shoe for their goal race since you're maybe racing just one marathon in the fall & the spring. You're already buying a normal pair of super shoes for $300. What's a PB worth? Another $200?

Dk if we'll see more Adidas in triathlon. We race a lot more & the sport is already super expensive. A lot of us race multiple times at 70.3/140.6 in a season. A normal super shoe can get you through an entire season or close to it. Doesn't seem like they sponsor a lot of triathlon pros. I can think of Lange, not sure who else. Speaking of -- did he wear these shoes in Roth/Nice?
Quote Reply
Re: ADIZERO ADIOS PRO EVO 1 [dcpinsonn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dcpinsonn wrote:
Yep -- couldn't have asked for a better roll-out. I think pure runners will invest in the shoe for their goal race since you're maybe racing just one marathon in the fall & the spring. You're already buying a normal pair of super shoes for $300. What's a PB worth? Another $200?

Dk if we'll see more Adidas in triathlon. We race a lot more & the sport is already super expensive. A lot of us race multiple times at 70.3/140.6 in a season. A normal super shoe can get you through an entire season or close to it. Doesn't seem like they sponsor a lot of triathlon pros. I can think of Lange, not sure who else. Speaking of -- did he wear these shoes in Roth/Nice?

Primex in roth and adizero 3 in nice
Quote Reply
Re: ADIZERO ADIOS PRO EVO 1 [earthling] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
earthling wrote:
Perhaps - but at £500 a pop, only good for 1 marathon and a bit of training and practically speaking unavailable I can't imagine many people choosing this over the Adios Pro 3's - which are amazing shoes in themselves. It is an amazing time though - absolutely no denying that.

ETA: Looks like the German winner was wearing them as well coming in under 2 hours and 5 minutes. You have to ask - if Eliud was wearing them would he be sub 2 hours?

Watch Amanal Petros talking about the new shoe.

Let food be thy medicine...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
lassekk wrote:

According to their website, they will be available this Tuesday.

Athlinks / Strava
Quote Reply
Re: ADIZERO ADIOS PRO EVO 1 [dcpinsonn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dcpinsonn wrote:

How about Kona/Nice? Notwithstanding the other costs (bike every 5ish years for >$5k, another $1k/y for shoes, kit, helmet, tires, etc) a bare bones Kona race is ~$10. Tacking on 5% to potentially go minutes faster seems like an easy decision. Especially for folks with enough expendable income to be doing Kona in the first place.
Quote Reply
Re: ADIZERO ADIOS PRO EVO 1 [mathematics] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This weekend the sub 2:30 IM marathon is going down.

Quote Reply
Re: ADIZERO ADIOS PRO EVO 1 [mathematics] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I ran my 2:25 pr in a pair of $49 Nike Mariahs….I say just train better:-)
Quote Reply
Re: ADIZERO ADIOS PRO EVO 1 [Tobrien55] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tobrien55 wrote:

Or not swim and bike before 😂?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tobrien55 wrote:

That works to a certain level - but it's silly to think your 2:25 wouldn't have been better with better equipment...lol

DFRU - Detta Family Racing Unit...the kids like it and we all get out and after it...gotta keep the fam involved!
Quote Reply
Re: ADIZERO ADIOS PRO EVO 1 [dfru] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The risk with these shoes and one time use I feel, in T2 easy to rip them apart putting them on fast
Quote Reply
Re: ADIZERO ADIOS PRO EVO 1 [Dean T] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dean T wrote:
lassekk wrote:

According to their website, they will be available this Tuesday.

Bear in mind that these were never intended for general sale or consumption. They were a leading edge shoe for their own elite athletes and are only available (in incredibly small numbers) so as to comply with World Athletics rules to then allow them to be raced in.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah but being one of the slowest in our training group my buddies would also have been 2 to 6% faster also so the end game didn’t matter:-)
Quote Reply
Re: ADIZERO ADIOS PRO EVO 1 [synthetic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
synthetic wrote:
The risk with these shoes and one time use I feel, in T2 easy to rip them apart putting them on fast

What makes you think the upper is fragile? The life of the shoe is more likely limited by the uncompressed foam.
Quote Reply
Re: ADIZERO ADIOS PRO EVO 1 [BigBoyND] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The shoes were not enough to get a 2.30, Lange only got the 4th spot and finished 4th for the run.
Quote Reply
Re: ADIZERO ADIOS PRO EVO 1 [BigBoyND] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BigBoyND wrote:
synthetic wrote:

What makes you think the upper is fragile? The life of the shoe is more likely limited by the uncompressed foam.

saw photos of the shoe taken apart, to be lighter upper needs to be minimal and it looks paper thin you can see through it
Quote Reply
Re: ADIZERO ADIOS PRO EVO 1 [synthetic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
synthetic wrote:
BigBoyND wrote:
synthetic wrote:

saw photos of the shoe taken apart, to be lighter upper needs to be minimal and it looks paper thin you can see through it

Images are one thing, shoes in hand are another. While it may look paper thin, it's quite stout. It’ll be the last cause for shoe failure.
Quote Reply
Re: ADIZERO ADIOS PRO EVO 1 [jcgiraSHT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jcgiraSHT wrote:
The shoes were not enough to get a 2.30, Lange only got the 4th spot and finished 4th for the run.
Looks like he went to the 70.3 T2 and lost a load of time.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
longtrousers wrote:
Now a woman on WR schedule in Berlin, as I understood on these shoes.

I still run Alphafly: any ideas if the Adidas are better? (don't mention the price: €500 here in Germany)

They may be better, I don't really like the Alphafly so my answer would probably be yes... yes they're better. I'd have to run in them to tell you but from what reviews I've seen they're pretty solid shoes.

There in lies the problem, most will never get to run in them. Limited availability, 521 pairs of them... total. So they're going to cost you $500, the foam is short lived for its performance, like a training run and then a marathon... and there's only 521 pairs... they look amazing though and probably better than the Alphafly.

https://www.youtube.com/...qhoB0INcY&t=728s
Last edited by: xeon: Oct 22, 23 5:34
Quote Reply
Re: ADIZERO ADIOS PRO EVO 1 [Lagoon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lagoon wrote:
jcgiraSHT wrote:

Looks like he went to the 70.3 T2 and lost a load of time.

thanks for that i could not work out what happend to him.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
dfru wrote:
Tobrien55 wrote:

That works to a certain level - but it's silly to think your 2:25 wouldn't have been better with better equipment...lol

he is just showing off
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That Mariah full length Nike Air midsole was magical.
Quote Reply

Prev Next