Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

910xt screen light 2 taps...
Quote | Reply
Likely alot of folks already know this, but I stumbled across it last night.. so i thought i'd mention it..

If you tap the 910xt twice, the back light comes on for a brief period....just on the screen no need to press buttons..

It may be clear in the instuction but i didn't pick uip on it or remember it.. and its made checking progress in betwen set prompt distances alot easier...
Was pleasantly surprised when it happened....

Still won't reliably display Stages power data when on the arm tho.. pooo..... ah well can't have it all..
Quote Reply
Re: 910xt screen light 2 taps... [shadwell] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for sharing that! I'm usually pretty thorough about reading manuals for my sporting equipment, but I must have missed that one - cheers!

-----
http://www.howesgreg.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sadly only works when running, and not on virtual pacer screen. Just press enter.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I can't seem to get mine to work. Does it only happen when in run mode? And I assume you have to have the activity started?
Quote Reply
Re: 910xt screen light 2 taps... [ajminn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow that's an awesome trick. Mine works in "Other" without the GPS on or activity started. It's just showing the time right now.
Quote Reply
Re: 910xt screen light 2 taps... [ajminn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You have to make sure that the backlight is turned up (one push of the power button brings up the backlight "slider bar"). If it is set all the way down the double tap will not work.
Quote Reply
Re: 910xt screen light 2 taps... [ErikTaylor] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ErikTaylor wrote:
Wow that's an awesome trick. Mine works in "Other" without the GPS on or activity started. It's just showing the time right now.

Here's a quick video I did.

Last edited by: ErikTaylor: Apr 17, 14 11:50
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You can also just shake your wrist and the light will come on.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Re: 910xt screen light 2 taps... [GMAN19030] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What mode are you just shaking your wrist in :)
Quote Reply
Re: 910xt screen light 2 taps... [GMAN19030] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does it beep when you do this? Every once in a while, I'll jostle my 910xt and it beeps for no obvious reason -- no change of modes or data screens. It's usually daylight, so I've never noticed if the light also comes on. This is pretty awesome if it works.

<The Dew Abides>
Quote Reply
Re: 910xt screen light 2 taps... [dewman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It doesn't beep for me. Mine requires two pretty strong taps, so I usually just turn on the back light with one press of the power button.
Quote Reply
Re: 910xt screen light 2 taps... [dewman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Doesn't beep when you shake it.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply