Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

910XT Power button failed
Quote | Reply
Whelp... it finally happened my 910xt 'died'. After three and a half years of near daily use the power button will not respond (can't adjust screen brightness either). Any thoughts as reseting seems to involve the power button... which... well is dead... Am I just going to have to keep the thing powered up from now on/till pull the trigger on a replacement?

Thanks!!!

2024: IM Hamburg
Quote Reply
Re: 910XT Power button failed [xcrogers] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just recently retired my 910xt.

It has a lot of problems syncing (powering off during sync, and sometimes not syncing at all, even when next to the ANT dongle), but all the buttons work.

Not sure how one goes about doing it, but maybe it can be used for spare parts?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
xcrogers wrote:
Whelp... it finally happened my 910xt 'died'. After three and a half years of near daily use the power button will not respond (can't adjust screen brightness either). Any thoughts as reseting seems to involve the power button... which... well is dead... Am I just going to have to keep the thing powered up from now on/till pull the trigger on a replacement?

Thanks!!!

Yes. The same thing happened to mine. I was able to keep it charged and get about a month of use until it died.

"Good genes are not a requirement, just the obsession to beat ones brains out daily"...the Griz
Quote Reply
Re: 910XT Power button failed [stringcheese] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sheet... what did you replace with?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
xcrogers wrote:
sheet... what did you replace with?

735xt. It was a good swap. I really like it.

The only downside, in my opinion is the lack of quick release on the 735.

"Good genes are not a requirement, just the obsession to beat ones brains out daily"...the Griz
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ah, well thanks for the note. I've never used the quick release function so might not even notice!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Can't remember all the steps, but there is a way to do a hard reset. It worked on mine after MANY tries and it felt like I was holding the buttons down for an eternity. Hold the power button and "start/stop" (can't remember which is the other button). I'm sure a simple google search will assist.

Try and try again. It worked for me...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mine died too- a week before Oceanside- but it got water inside during an ow swim somehow. Screen sorta came on and did some funky stuff but died and no hard reset.

Bought a used 920 to replace
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My 910 is still holding up, hopefully reading this thread doesn't junk me.

Your timing might not be to bad. REI's anniversary sale starts tomorrow and they've got the 735xt on sale for $315

http://catalogs.rei.com/...php?RelId=6.11.5.0.2

Matt
Quote Reply
Re: 910XT Power button failed [Pun_Times] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, that would be great.... except I moved to London. Need to search out a deal here... or pick one up on a work trip....

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Happened to me on 2 of my 910xt. Garmin replaced them with refurbs though for free... I eventually switched to a 920xt but the old 910xt is still going strong.

Next races on the schedule: none at the moment
Quote Reply