Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

70.3 Chattanooga 2015
Quote | Reply
May 17,2015 glad to see it,good for the city.
Last edited by: Constantine: Nov 5, 14 11:28
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 Chattanooga 2015 [Constantine] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There is another thread started re: this.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well thats a shot fired at Challenge. Interested to see the participation in those two races

Me: https://carnivoreendurance.blogspot.com/...ever-comes-next.html

Latest: Why a Couple Pieces of Fruit Sent My Triglycerides Through the Roof, and How it Relates to Chronic Health
https://carnivoreendurance.blogspot.com/...f-fruit-sent-my.html
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just registered. Looks like a fun race. Who else is in?
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 Chattanooga 2015 [Fenster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm in
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
how quickly will this sellout?
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 Chattanooga 2015 [winchester] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
winchester wrote:

Based on the huge early registrations by IMCHATT registrants & local tri club members, all assumptions was that it would sell out in minutes. We are now approaching 4 hours & it is still open. Either all the die hards got in early or IM has a ton of open spots for this race.

Of course, Challenge offering up a really sweet deal of half price on a multi race registration, and making Challenge Knoxville (which is the same weekend) their 2016 championship race may have pulled people away as well.
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 Chattanooga 2015 [Meathead] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you. Healthy competition
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think this thing is going to be 3000+ people like Augusta is.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Meathead wrote:
winchester wrote:

Based on the huge early registrations by IMCHATT registrants & local tri club members, all assumptions was that it would sell out in minutes. We are now approaching 4 hours & it is still open. Either all the die hards got in early or IM has a ton of open spots for this race.

Of course, Challenge offering up a really sweet deal of half price on a multi race registration, and making Challenge Knoxville (which is the same weekend) their 2016 championship race may have pulled people away as well.

Pulled me away. Did Knoxville the past 2 years and will be back again for a 3rd.
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 Chattanooga 2015 [winchester] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
winchester wrote:
Thank you. Healthy competition

Agreed. When there is competition, the consumer wins. Just look at Challenge reacting to WTC offering Chatt 70.3 for probably the lowest price of a HIM to compete with Knoxville by offering their races at half price.

We aren't going to get to a point where long course races will only run $100, but at the very least the competition will stop or slow the increases in registration costs year over year.
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 Chattanooga 2015 [bcagle25] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bcagle25 wrote:
Meathead wrote:
winchester wrote:

Pulled me away. Did Knoxville the past 2 years and will be back again for a 3rd.

And Knoxville is a race I have always had circled to do one day. I signed up for Chatt this time, but who knows what 2016 will bring.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I agree. I've always enjoyed the Waterfront Tri and IMChoo was a no-brainer last year being located in Atlanta. I really enjoy visiting Chattanooga, but was thinking of doing the Challenge race this year. I decided to go the 70.3 route, but eventually will end up doing the Challenge race.
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 Chattanooga 2015 [Gtjojo189] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A race with in 2 hours of Atlanta, plenty for my wife and son to do and plenty of lodging options make this a no brainer for me this year. Chattanooga is a great town for sure. I raced Rev3 Knox a few year back and it was a lot of fun, but I was not impressed with Challenge New Albany in Ohio. They fell short on a few fronts that WTC really delivers on. It will be interesting to see how the Rev3/Challenge merger works out. WTC is smart around placement of this race as an offensive move to capture the 140.6 IM Chatt people and cut off Challenge Knox. But that price was awesome - I just didn't tell my wife or she would have made me do Knox again.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Seems like the real men will be at Triple T that weekend racing 4x for $200.
Quote Reply