Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
5 sec. poll... do you have insurance on your bike(s)
Quote | Reply
In sort of a follow up thread to the "my stolen p3c" thread, just wondering who out there has their bike(s) insured (no matter how) against being lost stolen or damaged?

Me... my Litespeed and QR Ti rides are fully insured as well as my race wheels wetsuit and anything else in my apt. Gives me a bit of piece of mind. You shoulda seen the insurance agent's face when i explained what $15K+ in bikes and such really were... LOL, classic. :-)

36 kona qualifiers 2006-'23 - 3 Kona Podiums - 4 OA IM AG wins - 5 IM AG wins - 18 70.3 AG wins
I ka nana no a 'ike -- by observing, one learns | Kulia i ka nu'u -- strive for excellence
Garmin Glycogen Use App | Garmin Fat Use App
Quote Reply
Re: 5 sec. poll... do you have insurance on your bike(s) [aus_tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Zip , NADA ,,,, $1500 lotus $2700 cinelli ,,, never get off them ,keep them insight.

Quote Reply
Re: 5 sec. poll... do you have insurance on your bike(s) [aus_tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My renters insurance covers the bikes with a $500 deductable. I could get a special rider for the bikes but it's a couple hundred $$ a year so I go with the renters. i'm happy i have it. Yes if my commuter get's stolen I'm SOL but if my road or tri bikes get ripped off i'm covered.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Negative

Quote | Reply
yes...4.5k on my guru and 3k on my orbea, with a 25 dollar deductible.

i think it's like 300/year

"Anyone can work hard when they want to; Champions do it when they don't."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes fully insured at home, race on car whatever $300 rider $100 decutable.

I feel much more comfortable racking at night with that piece of mind instead of banking on a rent a cop.

K
Quote Reply
Re: 5 sec. poll... do you have insurance on your bike(s) [krgregg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
YES we have it. With 2 tri bikes, 1 road bike, and 2 mtn bikes I cant imagine life without it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
In sort of a follow up thread to the "my stolen p3c" thread, just wondering who out there has their bike(s) insured (no matter how) against being lost stolen or damaged?

Me... my Litespeed and QR Ti rides are fully insured as well as my race wheels wetsuit and anything else in my apt. Gives me a bit of piece of mind. You shoulda seen the insurance agent's face when i explained what $15K+ in bikes and such really were... LOL, classic. :-)
How much did the coverage cost? If your QR Ti bike is stolen, do you get the value of a new QR Ti bike or the depreciated value?
Quote Reply
Re: 5 sec. poll... do you have insurance on your bike(s) [Diablo-Advocato] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
when i talked to my insurance company, they told me it's for whatever the value you have it insured for is.

ie...if you insured a 2k bike for 5k, they'd give you 5k.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes but only on bike we use a lot otherwise more than half the premium is for the bikes. We have a no fault no deductible, and it pays the amount for which we insure it

Quote | Reply
Yes, keep some photos of your bikes too...just in case.

Another positive, I was once hit by a car and the bike broken...told Alstate that I wanted $10k for the bike...they laughed, I told them I have a $10k rider with State Farm and would turn it in to them...and they would get it from Alstate....Alstate wrote me a check as soon as I had proof of my policy. Guess they didnt want to fight with State Farm....

----------------------------------------------------------

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?
Quote Reply
Re: 5 sec. poll... do you have insurance on your bike(s) [krgregg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What did the coverage cost and what was the deductible?
Quote Reply
Re: 5 sec. poll... do you have insurance on your bike(s) [Diablo-Advocato] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Costs me $300 a year, all my bikes, $25k total...does NOT cover accidental damage in a race. $500 deductable.

Quote Reply
Re: 5 sec. poll... do you have insurance on your bike(s) [record10carbon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Costs me $300 a year, all my bikes, $25k total...does NOT cover accidental damage in a race. $500 deductable.
And... if your Ultimate is stolen, how much do you get?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I ask these questions because I don't think people either read or understand their policies very well. Typically the coverage is not what you think it is and self-insuring is a better way to go.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
And... if your Ultimate is stolen, how much do you get?[/reply]$10k...I asked that question over and over again. Stolen, or destroyed, but not during a race.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Our house insurance covers our hobby equipment - bikes, scuba diving equipment and cameras with a $500. deductible, but if we take this stuff traveling for a few bucks over the short term we can full coverage while away.
Quote Reply
Re: 5 sec. poll... do you have insurance on your bike(s) [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Our house insurance covers our hobby equipment -
I thought that once too...so did my agent...the "adjusters" didnt agree. A buddy of mine is a claims adjuster for State Farm...he said ALWAYS put a "rider" on your gear. At least put the fact you have a VERY costly bike on your policy statement.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
see above

(7.5k total, 300cdn, 25 dollar deductible)

assuming i'm not riding it.

Quote Reply
Re: 5 sec. poll... do you have insurance on your bike(s) [record10carbon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"I thought that once too...so did my agent...the "adjusters" didnt agree. A buddy of mine is a claims adjuster for State Farm...he said ALWAYS put a "rider" on your gear. At least put the fact you have a VERY costly bike on your policy statement."

Record, methinks you might be correct. Somebody else mentioned this to me. I'll contact my agent on Monday.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
20 bucks a month for the whole apartment and full replacement value on all property

36 kona qualifiers 2006-'23 - 3 Kona Podiums - 4 OA IM AG wins - 5 IM AG wins - 18 70.3 AG wins
I ka nana no a 'ike -- by observing, one learns | Kulia i ka nu'u -- strive for excellence
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Kevin -

What was the name of your insurance company?

I just tried to get full coverage on my bike (theft and crash), based on an estimated value of 7.5K, and me longstanding insurance company quoted me $800 per year. Ouch.

I need a better deal or it doesn't make sense. The theft issue is covered by the personal property section of my homeowner's policy, but with a carbon frame, I'm more concerned about the wreck. Seen 3 this week alone. One last night where the brand new carbon bike was wasted - bikes don't fare well against cars!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:

My mountain bike is insured as part of my homeowner's policy (don't own a road or tri bike...I only do off-road tris). It got stolen earlier this year and my insurance company paid full retail replacement cost, less the $500 deductible. That ended up being over $5000, which was more than I paid for the bike in the first place.
Quote Reply
Re: 5 sec. poll... do you have insurance on your bike(s) [RA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just tried to get full coverage on my bike (theft and crash), based on an estimated value of 7.5K, and me longstanding insurance company quoted me $800 per year. Ouch.

Get it with your home owners policy.

I'm more concerned about the wreck. Seen 3 this week alone. One last night where the brand new carbon bike was wasted - bikes don't fare well against cars!

TITANIUM BABY!!!!! Nothin's betta. :-)

Quote Reply

Prev Next