Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

520 TSS day. Changing Garmin Connect FTP setting
Quote | Reply
I am a stud!
Actually stupid Garmin connect keeps setting my FTP to 200. How do I change this?
Otherwise the TSS score is useless.
Last edited by: Triagain2: May 4, 15 13:43
Quote Reply
Re: 520 TSS day. Changing Garmin Connect FTP setting [Triagain2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anyone have any ideas on how to do this? I change it in my profile but on my ride analysis is continues to show 200watts and calculate TSS etc from here. I really want to be able to use TSS...
Quote Reply
Re: 520 TSS day. Changing Garmin Connect FTP setting [Triagain2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Probably need to change on your watch and in your connect profile. If you just use TP instead it will calculate based on your zones in TP.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
AFAIK, you have to change it in the device you are using to record the workout, not in the profile on GC.

Proudly Team BSR
Quote Reply
Re: 520 TSS day. Changing Garmin Connect FTP setting [amgray13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hmmm

I will try this.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So, I have found that if I download my ride file directly from PowerAgent into Training Peaks, it uses the calculated TSS from my Joule. However, if I first save the file on my computer and then upload the file from Training Peaks, it downloads the correct TSS.. Not sure if this is 100% right but I think it is
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just change it in the settings in Garmin Connect (website). In the "modern" GC, on the lefthand side click on the little silhouette, then Settings, Training Zones, click on the Cycling tab and scroll down for Power Zones. Not sure if it does this retroactively for older workouts.
Quote Reply
Re: 520 TSS day. Changing Garmin Connect FTP setting [snaaijert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
snaaijert wrote:
Just change it in the settings in Garmin Connect (website). In the "modern" GC, on the lefthand side click on the little silhouette, then Settings, Training Zones, click on the Cycling tab and scroll down for Power Zones. Not sure if it does this retroactively for older workouts.

Nope, and you wouldn't want it to. To impact older workouts you'll need to delete them from GC, change your FTP and then re upload them. You'll have to do the same on TP or any other site you use.
Quote Reply
Re: 520 TSS day. Changing Garmin Connect FTP setting [mvenneta] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mvenneta wrote:
snaaijert wrote:

Nope, and you wouldn't want it to. To impact older workouts you'll need to delete them from GC, change your FTP and then re upload them. You'll have to do the same on TP or any other site you use.

If I'm reading this correctly you are not correct. At leasr with respect to TP. You can adjust your FTP and have it retroactively adjust TSS to whatever date you specify. It is called TSS backfiller.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just ran into this myself. I have a 510 - Garmin Connect doesn't talk to the device in this way. Even if I "send workouts", it doesn't send training zones or anything with it. So inside Garmin Connect you establish your training zones, which is useful for workouts, etc. But then on your device you have to go to settings (510 and I believe 810 would be similar, I don't know anything about other models) and scroll down to training zones>power and manually input your FTP as well as your zone 1, zone 2, etc. The default FTP is 200, which is what I think you're experiencing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think you have to change it on the device
Quote Reply
Re: 520 TSS day. Changing Garmin Connect FTP setting [nitrox] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks.
I have done this. My first ride with new setting is in 1hour. I will reply as to how it works out.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Worked.
Quote Reply