Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

3t Brezza Nano - User Opinions
Quote | Reply
Sorry if this annoys frequent posters, I did a search on this topic and nothing has really come up for the last year or so.

I was wondering if anyone out there is using these bars - http://www.3tcycling.com/.../brezza-ii-nano-ltd/ - and what their experience has been, positive, and probably more importantly, negative. Logically they would seem faster, but there doesn't really seem to be any data I can find to back that up.

The other day, I cracked my frame so will have to transfer all my components anyways and thought this might be a nice upgrade over my stock 3t Aura Pro.

As for details about me, I'm a male in my 30s, usually among the faster (say 90th percentile give or take in AG) bikes splits in tris, Olys and HIM, train almost exclusively by myself due to strange work hours and can fool myself into thinking that I'm a reasonable bike handler.

Also, I've read a few of these threads. I'm just looking for opinions on these bars, not other advice on how to shave off time, e.g. bike fit, lose weight, train better etc. :-)

Thanks,
Stu
Quote Reply
Re: 3t Brezza Nano - User Opinions [discostu] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I upgraded to these bars on my Fuji D-6 about 6 months ago and so far i love them.
Much more aero and cleaner cable routing than the profile design bars that I came from.
The bar is exetremely narrow at only 30cm wide compared to 40-44cm for "normal" bars, so the bike felt very "lively" when grabbing the bars in strong crosswinds ect.
But after a couple of rides, you kind of get used to it and everything feels normal.
Ergonomically, I miss the upturned brake levers on the old bar, but for better aero, I am willing to make that sacrifice.
I got mine lightly used on ebay.
Quote Reply
Re: 3t Brezza Nano - User Opinions [brynjulf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks, my big worries are twofold.

One, do you feel they have less control at speed?

Two, some people seem to think that there's a danger when you're unconsciously grabbing for the brake lever as a reflex that you might miss.

Regardless, it's nice to know some people are enjoying them.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No, They do not have less control at speed. I am just as confident now on the new bars as I were on the old ones.

Point two: I was also worried about the extentions-to brake levers reflex thing in the beginning, especially since 95% of my bike time is my commute to work on quite crowded roads, so that reflex needs to work, every time. I adapted very quickly and after 2-3 rides I had "learned" the new position of the brake levers and everything have felt normal from there on.
I would probably not enter a triathlon event with these bars before doing 3-4 training rides first. Other than that, they are great bars!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hello,

Do you think that, in order to reduce the stack, the extensions could be fixed under the bar and the arm-pads just above the bar ?

Thks in advance
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Did you have any concerns with your 3T aura pro bar?
Quote Reply
Re: 3t Brezza Nano - User Opinions [winchester] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i love my 3t aura bar. only thing for me was that i kept breaking the screw that holds the forearm aero pad because i sweat a lot. going to be on a oval aero bar very soon so im looking to see how different this is going to feel.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Given that these are UCI-legal, how come nobody appears to use them? (Or rather; why are people using the Brezza II over these?)
Quote Reply
Re: 3t Brezza Nano - User Opinions [lamby] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Having talked to a few people about them, I suspect the reason is the handling. Just about everyone (that I spoke to, eg coaches, bike shop owners I trust) expressed serious concerns that the narrower steering gave less control, and quite a few brought up the "reflex" braking where your hands go a certain distance apart by habit and you miss the bars.

I ultimately went for a ventus ii, partly because I got a great deal, but mainly because (justified or not) I like to go with safer options. Particularly when no one could quantify the benefit in these bars drag wise.

As to the uci question? Simply put, I ain't good enough to race in anything that actually requires bikes to follow these rules
Quote Reply
Re: 3t Brezza Nano - User Opinions [Nick] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I looked into this as well, as I needed to minimise stack height. The answer I got was "not really". too many headaches with how to mount the pads, and a heap more.
Quote Reply
Re: 3t Brezza Nano - User Opinions [Nick] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nope, that will not work, unfortuately. If you want to go lower in the front, they are probably not the best choice.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What would be the best choice?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
discostu wrote:
As to the uci question? Simply put, I ain't good enough to race in anything that actually requires bikes to follow these rules

I think you misunderstood my UCI question. The question is why do athletes who must follow UCI rules use the Brezza II over the Brezza Nano? Note that these are not generally the kind of riders who lack handling skills..
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I dunno really, as a guess, maybe a similar reason to mine.

The Brezza II vs nano comes down to comfort/handling vs drag. It is quite easy to quantify the first two, by going for a ride with the nanos. And there doesn't seem to be any real data on the drag difference. So perhaps the issue is why give up known for the unknown?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
lamby wrote:
discostu wrote:

I think you misunderstood my UCI question. The question is why do athletes who must follow UCI rules use the Brezza II over the Brezza Nano? Note that these are not generally the kind of riders who lack handling skills..

What pro teams are sponsored by 3T? The former Garmin team had the P5, so they used the Aduro bars. Thats probably the #1 reason why.

Also, I'd consider them but I'm not dropping $900 on bars.
Last edited by: btmoney: Dec 6, 14 13:41
Quote Reply