Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

3 weeks till season opening Oly, please help me plan
Quote | Reply
My first tri of the season is 3 weeks from this Saturday. I've been riding more than I ever have (random TR workouts mostly) and running some, not swimming near as much as I should.

Anyway, I'm trying to figure out the best plan of attack for the next 3 weeks. Last week was a cut back week due to some calf pain that made me nervous(I think everything is fine now), and I'm ready to make the next 3 weeks count!

Any advice as far as types of workouts and intensity's?
Quote Reply
Re: 3 weeks till season opening Oly, please help me plan [Julebag] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There's very little, bordering on nothing, you can do in 3 weeks.

You already know you need to swim more. So do. Not for this race, but for future races. Swimming takes time. Many months, and years. If you aren't a fish, you will need to swim 5-6 times a week for an hour each.

How much are you running per week?

Why not join a tri club? They will have a coach and a training program to follow. You will likely improve much more and faster than you would on your own.

Edit: you could practice transitions. That's something you can do in 3 weeks. You can also put in some OWS swimming with a wetsuit to get used to it.
Last edited by: Dilbert: May 11, 15 10:55
Quote Reply
Re: 3 weeks till season opening Oly, please help me plan [Dilbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dilbert wrote:
How much are you running per week?

I've been running about 2 hours per week, usually two 30-40 minute runs and one 60-70 minute run.

I understand that from a fitness standpoint, there's not much to be done, I just want to make sure I don't do anything to hinder my performance.
Quote Reply