Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

2 questions
Quote | Reply
#1. The washer everyone puts on their front brake. Is it needed? I shaved my Simkins egg and don't want to use the washer.

#2. Use tulas - once sweaty they are so damn slippery. Tried skateboard grip tape but it ate my hands. Tried full finger bontrager gloves and but I can't buy new gloves every month.

All suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: 2 questions [Looks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1. I'd use the washer - especially if it's curved. Helps keep the brakes aligned. Haven't used Simpkins, so I might be wrong about this.

2. Use Fizik's microtex tape. Heavier than grip tape, but won't tear up your hands.
Quote Reply
Re: 2 questions [FatandSlow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
#1. Grooves match up with the fork. I don't really see a need for the washer. Kinetic energy blahblah .. A solid aluminum grooved washer will cause the same damage as the original which is my hat I believe. If I'm wrong please let me know.

#2. I'll try the tape. I was looking at a grip spray they use for floors to spray.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The pods from the tubas are odd... line of tape won't help
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have 3 sets of Simkins Eggs and I use the washer only on one set. The other 2 I don't use any washer. Only needed the washer on the one set for clearance reasons.
I also used to ride the Tula bar, but I didn't to feel like I needed better grip. Try baseball bat or hockey stick grip tarp, as it's cloth but has a tacky additive in it.

Team Zoot-Texas, and Pickle Juice
Quote Reply
Re: 2 questions [Taugen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OK so egg is good. Hockey tape. Didn't think of the gumming factor for the bars. Played hockey for years this is the best idea I've seen.

Thanks sir!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Consider Gamma Grip tape (made for tennis rackets). It's thin, grips well when wet, doesn't fray, and is cheap (3 rolls for $5, and each roll will do both bullhorn grips).

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply