Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

24 hours on a treadmill...... Blood Clot fundraiser.....
Quote | Reply
(Apologies if this post/link violates forum rules, I checked the Things to Know thread and didn't see a prohibition, Dan/Herbert please remove if improper.. :) )

Friend of mine -- Eric O'Connor -- a fellow blood clot survivor and ultra runner, is putting on a fundraiser this April to benefit the National Blood Clot Alliance and to raise awareness of DVTs and PEs (pulmonary emboli). 300,000-600,000 blood clots annually in the US, 100,000 deaths each year, an average of 274 people die from blood clots *each* day. This is serious shit. And every day we continue to hear stories of misdiagnoses and deaths.

Search "DVTs" or "PEs" or "blood clots" on this site, and you will find lots of us.

Personally, it took numerous docs six weeks to diagnose my PEs, even though I presented classic symptoms. Six weeks (probably more) of living with clots in my lungs. And, ironically, the day I was admitted to the ER with multiple bilateral PES my pulmonologist (yeah, I had a pulmonologist AND a cardiologist AND a GP trying to figure out why I had shortness of breath, and they all missed the diagnosis) said "your lungs are fine." I was lucky that the clots did not kill me. Others not so much.

What is he doing? Running 24 hours. On a treadmill. No, that's not a typo. Goal is 100 miles. Can he do it? Even he doesn't know, but that's no reason not to try. He's going for it anyway.

All you have to do? Donate money. 24 hours on a treadmill? I go batty after 1 hour, so donating money's the easy part as I see it.

Thanks for reading, and support if you can.

http://tread24.com/
Quote Reply