Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

23s to 20s
Quote | Reply
I currently ride on 23mm Vittorias which I really like. But now they're getting close to replacing and I'd really like to get a set for racing on. I am wondering how different is the ride if I switched to a 20mm tire and what would be a good clincher in that size? I'll probably stick to the Rubino as a training tire.

John
"A profoundly peaceful run; a gift to myself" Frazz
Quote Reply
Re: 23s to 20s [TriVelo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've had excellect results with conti GP 3000s in 20 - highly recommend them esp in that size... I find the ride is perfect and they are a bit more aero and look faster... Get all black as I find the black tread rides better than the colored ones...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I can't imagine the color determining how they ride.

20s are a little more aero, but it also depends on your size. I'm a big rider at 200, and I've been told to stick with 23s for more stability.

Personally, I think its all preference. Some ppl say a 20 in the front will add some more aero to your ride. I'd say give it a shot with your new tires and see if you like the 20s.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My only set of Clinchers are 20 mm Tufo Tubular/Clinchers. I love them. With a bit of sealant I don't worry about flats. I love the ride and they corner great. On long rides I carry a spare tubular/Clincher just in case. After you've put them on once they are VERY easy to put on.

Paul
Last edited by: zipp: Mar 28, 06 6:04
Quote Reply