Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
2016 Trek Madone 9
Quote | Reply
Here it is:

Looks like Trek made a dummy of sorts as well.

Quote Reply
Re: 2016 Trek Madone 9 [Ahillock] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They have moved the rear brake back to a normal position
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That's the first Trek in years that I have found aesthetically appealing. Love it!
Quote Reply
Re: 2016 Trek Madone 9 [RFXCrunner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They have a teaser for it on their website. Looks like June 30th is the official release date.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for posting...
Definitely looks cool... Both shimano brakes look to be integrated well into the frame...
Just needs a speed fin under the bottom bracket!?!?!?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Aero bike with domane hinged rear end?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I love that. Finally, road bikes catching up with the edginess of TT bikes.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
anyone else surprised by the un-aero-ness of the seatstay / top tube junction? having them run outside the seat tube, all the way to the top tube, seems like a parachute.

I dig the rest.
Last edited by: dsmallwood: Jun 6, 15 17:18
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looks like it might have an integrated bar/ stem combo similar to the canyon aeroad. Very much looking forward to seeing some more details.
Quote Reply
Re: 2016 Trek Madone 9 [FishOutofWater] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Meh, looks ugly, like a Venge.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i want it....badly...although not a fan of TFR red theme, i liked the black/white bikes. Does look very 'venge'
Quote Reply
Re: 2016 Trek Madone 9 [gibson00] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gibson00 wrote:
That will be more expensive than the venge as well.
Quote Reply
Re: 2016 Trek Madone 9 [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Some more pictures.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Re: 2016 Trek Madone 9 [Ron_Burgundy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ron_Burgundy wrote:
gibson00 wrote:
That will be more expensive than the venge as well.

I don't know about that. Trek is usually pretty competitive on their pricing. They will price it competitively to Cervelo, Felt, Specialized...etc. Plus a new Venge out this summer. Bet the pricing will go up on that as well.

Plus this will be made in USA, vs those others being made in Asia if that matters to potential buyers.
Last edited by: Ahillock: Jun 8, 15 13:34
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looks like the front brake cable runs into the frame and through the aero handlebar without exposed cables. This seems smart, and worth a few watts. Surprised we didn't see this on the Cervelo S5.
Quote Reply
Re: 2016 Trek Madone 9 [Orbilius] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There's a ton of pictures here: http://www.matosvelo.fr/...-toutes-les-coutures

Clearly it's incredibly well integrated. I'm a little wary of the brakes, I really didn't like the Omega I ran on my TT bike for a brief moment, so hopefully these center pulls work better.
Quote Reply
Re: 2016 Trek Madone 9 [BeeSeeBee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The no cables exposed looks sick. I'm not a fan of the Omega on my tri bike either and am surprised they didn't use the Shimano Direct Mount brakes, given the rave reviews I have read.

My big question is what size tires will fit. As a triathlete only (not a roadie), the Emoda is currently my favorite Trek road bike as it accommodates 30mm tires.

With generous tire clearance, this would be the fastest and most comfortable bike they have. Why would you get a Domane?

/kj

http://kjmcawesome.tumblr.com/
Quote Reply
Re: 2016 Trek Madone 9 [kjmcawesome] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kjmcawesome wrote:
Why would you get a Domane?
Price?

Maybe this will be their top of the line bike, and if you don't want to pay $4K'ish for a frameset, you get the Domane.
Quote Reply
Re: 2016 Trek Madone 9 [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So clean.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nice frame ruined by terrible bottle placement.

It looks good, if you want that kind of thing.

'It never gets easier, you just get crazier.'
Quote Reply
Re: 2016 Trek Madone 9 [georged] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I can't be the only one put off by the intricacy of it all.

This thing may have more parts than a space ship. Some do want all the integration possible, but I just see it as a giant headache. However, I am unlikely their target for this bike as I don't really race on the road.
Quote Reply
Re: 2016 Trek Madone 9 [zachboring] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lol.....Trek returned the rear brake to a normal position so that its now accessible for adjustment and maintenance........unfortunately it looks like they transferred that problem to the front brake......I wonder how easy it is to do cable adjustments, etc?
Quote Reply
Re: 2016 Trek Madone 9 [goodboyr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Plus looks like they may have created another headache with the rear brake and needing to pass the brake cable through the seatmast area. this is a may though as it looks like there are slots and stuff for that. May be a pain to initially set up thought. I'll reserve judgement on wrench ability till more details are released. Hopefully not a major headache as that could turn into another complain from consumers/mechanics.

Certainly they really went to the drawing board to innovate as opposed to just update.

Will be curious to see how the technology trickles down to the 7,5,4 etc series/if they introduce those are launch.
Last edited by: zachboring: Jun 8, 15 16:54
Quote Reply
Re: 2016 Trek Madone 9 [zachboring] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
With Trek Factory Racing, I doubt Trek didn't take that into account. Don't see why this would have any more difficulties to wrench on.
Quote Reply

Prev Next