Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
2015 Iroman Wisconsin
Quote | Reply
Registration is open. I'm in for my first full IM...who's coming with me?
Quote Reply
Re: 2015 Iroman Wisconsin [TheBriman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Me and my fiance both signed up, our first full. Here we go!

�There ought to be something very special about the boundary conditions of the universe, and what can be more special than that there is no boundary?�- Stephen Hawking
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I almost did. I raced in 2013. Awesome race - you will love it. At the last minute, Mrs. Tropic convinced me to sign up for IMCDA in 2015. I'll be curious how fast IMMoo will sell out this year.

Cheers and happy training!
Quote Reply
Re: 2015 Iroman Wisconsin [TropicPlace] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm in as well! First IM, moved to Madison last spring and can't pass up doing a race this cool in my new back yard.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Coming back for number 3, last one in 2009. Can't wait.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What's the predicted sell out time?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am in! I'm doing a foundation slot for Riding on Insulin with a HUGE group of folks with Type 1 Diabetes. I've been fundraising for a while already, so it's nice to be "official" now. Ironman #2 for me.
Quote Reply
Re: 2015 Iroman Wisconsin [winchester] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
winchester wrote:
What's the predicted sell out time?

For which one?

IMWI - probably very soon (today)

IMCDA - probably quite a while. It has been open for 2 months already. Much more remote location.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I did IMCDA in 2013.....that usually fills in like January / February. Great Race.

I signed up for the Race Ready program for IM Racine and IMWI on Friday. Figured I was going to do both...so why risk missing out on Madison.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TropicPlace wrote:
I almost did. I raced in 2013. Awesome race - you will love it. At the last minute, Mrs. Tropic convinced me to sign up for IMCDA in 2015. I'll be curious how fast IMMoo will sell out this year.

Cheers and happy training!

Sounds familiar...I was all set to do the IM70.3 Steelhead/ IMMoo package thing last week as I plan on doing SH again. Then the Mrs. brought logic into the scenario. So now looking at IMCDA '15 as my 1st 140.6.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In for 2015! This will be my second IM and second time in Wisconsin. Great course and great location for those of us in the Midwest. Be sure to get in your hill training!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In. I have some unfinished business with that course...

Ryan
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'll being doing it for my third time in 2015. That said they had perfect conditions for the race yesterday and I could not help thinking "what if ?" all day.
Quote Reply
Re: 2015 Iroman Wisconsin [triitagain] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In for round #4. This course both intrigues and tortures me. Was really on the fence because I will be doing Boulder 6 weeks earlier but between a great group of friends doing it and an amazingly understanding and supporting wife I decided to go for it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
8:40pm and general registration still available.
Quote Reply
Re: 2015 Iroman Wisconsin [TrekRider68] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TrekRider68 wrote:
8:40pm and general registration still available.

Econ 101

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Re: 2015 Iroman Wisconsin [japarker24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No kidding. Boulder, Maryland, Chattanooga, Tahoe are all new in the last couple years. The days of IMOO filling instantly are long gone

Me: https://carnivoreendurance.blogspot.com/...ever-comes-next.html

Latest: Colorectal Cancer is in the News Again. Don't Blame Red Meat
https://carnivoreendurance.blogspot.com/...news-again-dont.html
Quote Reply
Re: 2015 Iroman Wisconsin [japarker24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just signed up for my first IM... I was originally planning on volunteering to get a spot, but didn't work out with my marathon training and work schedule. I was surprised that it is still open.
Quote Reply
Re: 2015 Iroman Wisconsin [TrekRider68] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ahhh man...was planning on Choo 2015 but this is tempting...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
18 hours later, it's still open. Just registered.
Quote Reply
Re: 2015 Iroman Wisconsin [Birdmantris] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Birdmantris wrote:
No kidding. Boulder, Maryland, Chattanooga, Tahoe are all new in the last couple years. The days of IMOO filling instantly are long gone
Is the market just super saturated with events or is the true test still Florida and Arizona?
Quote Reply
Re: 2015 Iroman Wisconsin [mrbeachbum2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Depends what you mean I guess. I still think FL and AZ will sell out instantly for the foreseeable future. And I don't think the market is supersaturated either, although the rest of the fall will be the better indicator. I'm most interested to see when IMCHOO fills this year.

Me: https://carnivoreendurance.blogspot.com/...ever-comes-next.html

Latest: Colorectal Cancer is in the News Again. Don't Blame Red Meat
https://carnivoreendurance.blogspot.com/...news-again-dont.html
Quote Reply
Re: 2015 Iroman Wisconsin [TriWithT1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can you tell more about this charity slot?

I am T1D and would LOVE to do a fundraising and race

"Keep those feet moving!" Me
Quote Reply
Re: 2015 Iroman Wisconsin [runnerwv] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pretty much everything you need to know (including how to sign up) is here - http://ridingoninsulin.org/programs/ironman/

I think we are close to 50 with Type 1 and it keeps growing especially since the race is still open.

This will be a fantastic experience. Lots of great people involved.

Send me a PM if you want more info.
Quote Reply
Re: 2015 Iroman Wisconsin [Birdmantris] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Birdmantris wrote:
Depends what you mean I guess. I still think FL and AZ will sell out instantly for the foreseeable future. And I don't think the market is supersaturated either, although the rest of the fall will be the better indicator. I'm most interested to see when IMCHOO fills this year.

Yes... and because they are flat as a pancake short bike rides.... and still wetsuit legal. If IMWI didn't have awesome crowds, and such a very strong triathlon community locally, I'm not sure it would survive with that bike course. I plugged IMFL into BBS with the same TSS as IMWI and I come up with a bike time 31 minutes faster! 31 minutes!

TrainingBible Coaching
http://www.trainingbible.com
Quote Reply

Prev Next