Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
2015 Boston Marathon
Quote | Reply
I just registered this morning. Who else is in? Since less than 5,000 people registered in the first two days last year 10 minutes or more below BQ should be good, right? The overall cutoff was 1:38 under BQ last year: http://www.runnersworld.com/...nder-qualifying-mark

*Edited to disable email notifications

VDOT O2 Run Coaching
Team INFINIT Discount Code: RowanJones
Last edited by: Rowan Jones: Sep 10, 14 12:40
Quote Reply
Re: 2015 Boston Marathon [Rowan Jones] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm out this year. Gonna focus on the 5k this spring and try to get some speed while i'm still young.

Boston has bested me in 2008 and 2014. I don't know why but I just can't do that race well it seems. This year I went in totally ready to crush it and it just went south within a few miles. Not my day for sure.

Best of luck to you though! Always a great race, great crowd, and great experience.

The Home of Advanced Running
Advanced Running Instagram Page
My narcisstic training log
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a Friday registration - I BQ'd by 9 minutes. I'm sure you will get in.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Rowan Jones wrote:
I The overall cutoff was 1:38 under BQ last year: http://www.runnersworld.com/...nder-qualifying-mark

Hope the same or better holds true this year. I BQ by 2:01 so I'm having to wait until next week. First time trying to BQ though so I'll take it. Plus it was a 14 minute PR.
Last edited by: trigeekrusk: Sep 10, 14 10:18
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm in for next year. Will be my 6 th in a row. Qualified by 12:30 minutes. Love the city, people, and the race.

HoneyMaxx Ambassador
HoneyMaxx.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm in. My 16th, but only 15 in a row. Qualified by 28 minutes.
Last edited by: nad: Sep 10, 14 10:58
Quote Reply
Re: 2015 Boston Marathon [nad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
any idea if you can use an IM run to BQ?

The IMAZ run course is not USA T&F certified so I am guessing not just curious if anyone knows anything different.

Thanks,
GS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm hoping anyone who qualified will get in this year. I think the field size is larger than most years -this year I think I read they're letting 30,000 runners in , and usually they are 20-25. (obviously last year was the largest), and there aren't people returning automatically from the year before (those who got cut off from finishing). And with the 5 minute lower BQ times and most people who really wanted to do Boston did it last year because of events in 2013, I will be shocked if they close registration early this year. Fingers crossed.
Quote Reply
Re: 2015 Boston Marathon [rockfish] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I really think they'll accept it.
Give it a try.
Last edited by: nad: Sep 10, 14 11:09
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a feeling they won't. But damn, if you BQ during an Ironman...I think it's safe to say you BQd. :p

Quote Reply
Re: 2015 Boston Marathon [justarunner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm going to pass on 2015. I will consider it again in 2016.

What I do: http://app.strava.com/athletes/345699
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I asked the BAA that question a few months ago and here is the response I received:

The only Ironmans accepted by the BAA are Kona and Louisville. PLease visit our website, baa.org, for more information about accepted qualifying courses for the Boston Marathon.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm in. Just got confirmation email this morning after registering on Monday. Going to be tough to top this year's race.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fingers crossed for a Friday registration but I don't think there'll be much of a worry this year.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It looks like only Kona and IM LOU are USATF certified... USATF Course Certification (or at least, those are the only certified marathons with 'iron' in the title)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I registered today, was under by 12:45. I'm guessing that it will be safe all the way to <1:30 minutes. I can't wait!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm looking to register Friday for my first Boston (didn't make the cut off for this year's race). BQ'd by 7 minutes. I'm not worried at all.
Last edited by: jzief128: Sep 10, 14 11:53
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I registered this morning...this time no matter what I'm just gonna have a fun cruise training run and take in the whole experience. The quad pounding will be good training for my upcoming events in 2015.
Quote Reply
Re: 2015 Boston Marathon [masterslacker] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i also registered today- 13 minutes under. i can't imagine it will close out this week, but you never know. this will be my 20th boston and 16th in a row. it's an addicting course!
Quote Reply
Re: 2015 Boston Marathon [charlietris] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow, just the first for me. Can't wait.

Brian
“Eat and Drink, spin the legs and you’re going to effin push (today).” A Howe
Quote Reply
Re: 2015 Boston Marathon [TriBri00] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ah...poppin' that boston cherry. I was 18. I had a bad race but still remember it vividly.

You will NEVER run another marathon like Boston. Trust me. Boston is the best. If you meet the RD for 5 seconds you'll understand why. Everything is so damn thought through it's painful.

Best of luck, kill it for me, that race has kicked my ass on both attempts. One day I will PR on that course and when I do, I will weep tears.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Any chance my 3:03:28 holds up? That's what I ran last year in Boston and man I'd love to go back. BQ'd with a 3:02
Quote Reply
Re: 2015 Boston Marathon [TriBri00] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Congrats on your entry. I've been trying to qualify for a while now and haven't been able to get there. I've essentially given up tri's for just running so I'm hoping to qualify next spring after 6-7 months of a solid running plan.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My prediction is that any BQ will hold this year (similar to 2013); however, it will not stay open (for a week or two) like in 2013. My reasoning is that we know the BAA made room for 4,700 (non finishers) in 2014 and turned away around 3-4,000 BQers. I don't think 2015 will be pursued with the same vigor as the running community was eager to rebuke the terrorist attacks of 2013. That's my $.02.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
rockfish wrote:
any idea if you can use an IM run to BQ?

The IMAZ run course is not USA T&F certified so I am guessing not just curious if anyone knows anything different.

Thanks,
GS

Finest Slowtwitch brag in a long time.
Quote Reply

Prev Next