Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

2011 Cervelo P3 vs New 2013 Cervelo P2
Quote | Reply
New to this forum so not sure if this has already been asked. I am in the market for a tri bike, upgrading from a converted Felt road bike with clip ons. I have come across a used 2011 Cervelo P3 and a new 2013 Cervelo P2. Wanted to get everyone's opinion on what was a better bike and a better deal? They are both priced right about $2000. Are there any upgraded components on the 2013 Cervelo P2 from what was on the Cervelo P3 in 2011? Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: 2011 Cervelo P3 vs New 2013 Cervelo P2 [borr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The 2013 p2 will have a slightly more aero fork on it.
Depending on what size frame you are looking at, the P2 may have a little bit more stack than the p3 (head tube higher from the BB)

I may be aerodynamically a wash between them given the newer fork on the P2, but you could always upgrade the fork on the p3

Kat Hunter reports on the San Dimas Stage Race from inside the GC winning team
Aeroweenie.com -Compendium of Aero Data and Knowledge
Freelance sports & outdoors writer Kathryn Hunter
Quote Reply
Re: 2011 Cervelo P3 vs New 2013 Cervelo P2 [jackmott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks. I need to get fitted at my LBS. I ride a 56 Felt road bike but think I might be somewhere between the 54 and 56 in the Cervelo tri bike line. Not sure if either of those frame sizes in the P2 have more stack than the P3. I am 5'-11". Any recommendation on what size to start with at the LBS?
Quote Reply
Re: 2011 Cervelo P3 vs New 2013 Cervelo P2 [jackmott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The fork on my 2011 P2 is the same one on the 2013 P2. Are you talking about the new 2014 P2?

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Last edited by: BryanD: Apr 8, 15 13:27
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Probably the 56 but everyone is shaped differently and has different ideas of how low to go.

Yes the p2s will hae a bit more stack in those sizes. it isn't a huge amount, only if you need really really low stack will the p2 tend to be a problem.

Of if you need really really high stack the p3 could be a problem.

borr wrote:
Thanks. I need to get fitted at my LBS. I ride a 56 Felt road bike but think I might be somewhere between the 54 and 56 in the Cervelo tri bike line. Not sure if either of those frame sizes in the P2 have more stack than the P3. I am 5'-11". Any recommendation on what size to start with at the LBS?

Kat Hunter reports on the San Dimas Stage Race from inside the GC winning team
Aeroweenie.com -Compendium of Aero Data and Knowledge
Freelance sports & outdoors writer Kathryn Hunter
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just bought a new 2013 Cervelo P2 for about that amount (including sales tax and a new cassette).

I am loving my bike.I had planned on getting the 2015 P2, but getting the 2013 and upgrade options (ordering a powertap rear wheel soon) for less than the cost of the new model was my swaying point.

I am 6'3" and there were remarkably few used bikes in my size over the winter (a handful of 58cm and no 61cm bikes)

I ended up going with the 61cm frame. The fit just felt better, especially when riding out of the saddle (I know... i shouldn't burn the matches out of the saddle... but i am 6'3" and 250# and a 14% hill is damn hard to get over without standing.)

I did get a pre-purchase bike fit from a physical therapist (someone who does not have any vested interest in selling me anything). Either the 58 or the 61 would have worked for me... it came down to preference.

I do the same thing as them, just slower
Quote Reply
Re: 2011 Cervelo P3 vs New 2013 Cervelo P2 [skot123] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am currently looking at the same bikes, 2013 P2 for $2000 or a new 2015 P2 for $2800. The LBS I was in the other day swayed me from the 2013, saying the new P2 has a longer head tube thus providing better comfort for someone like me (50 yrs old, 6'2" and around 225). I was having a hard time telling if I was being swayed for $ or fit. I understand the P2 frame has changed a fair amount since 2014 and on, but it seems the old P2 design was very successful and had a long run. I have searched around extensively and many say without a consideration get the new frame. The $800 saved on the 2013 could go a long way towards wheels or other needs. What do you guys think? Any opinions much appreciated.
In Reply To:
Last edited by: VAPORPARK: May 5, 15 14:55
Quote Reply