Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

2010 transition tire and wheel info
Quote | Reply
Hey so I am totally new to road/ tt and tri bikes I'm trying to figure out if I will have clearance issues with a 700c x 25c wheel and tire on my 2010 specialized transition, hoping someone out there has tried to fit these.... Again I'm a new guy so don't bash me for asking questions.
Quote Reply
Re: 2010 transition tire and wheel info [X4wealpeal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a 2011 but think the frame is the same. I run 25c on mine and they fit no problem. They are specialized turbo tires fwiw.
Quote Reply
Re: 2010 transition tire and wheel info [ilikepizza] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Awesome.. Thank you!!!
Quote Reply
Re: 2010 transition tire and wheel info [ilikepizza] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do you think it would accommodate a 28c I know that's way bigger but you mentioned the 25c has no issues.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I may be missing something, but isn't the actual tire width dependent on the inside track of the wheel you mount them on? I would imagine a 23c tire on a narrow older style rim will be much narrower than if on a newer wide rim. Not sure if a 23 on a wide rim will be wider than 25 on a narrow rim, but I would imagine it matters.

Matt
Quote Reply
Re: 2010 transition tire and wheel info [Emma'sDad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Could be. Mine are sitting on a set of FLO wheels as a datapoint. I don't know much about wheels, only that I like the sound they make and they look sexy...supposed to be faster too I guess.

No idea on 28c tires, I have no plans to run something that wide unless its on my commuter bike.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My 2011 transition does NOT fit 25 tires with my flo rims
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
X4wealpeal wrote:
Hey so I am totally new to road/ tt and tri bikes I'm trying to figure out if I will have clearance issues with a 700c x 25c wheel and tire on my 2010 specialized transition, hoping someone out there has tried to fit these.... Again I'm a new guy so don't bash me for asking questions.

What wheels are you using? A newer, wider wheel could give you issues, while an older, thinner profile wheel would likely be fine. As wheels get wider, 23mm tires are more like 25mm tires installed and 25mm tires are even wider again.

Chris Thornham
Co-Founder And Previous Owner Of FLO Cycling
Quote Reply
Re: 2010 transition tire and wheel info [randomtriguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
what tires are you using? I am using the Specialized Turbos 700x25c on FLO rims (60 up front and 90 on rear, older version w/aluminum track).I'm on a 2011 Transition Comp, L or XL.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't think there is any way you will be able to squeeze in a 28. I have had issues with some 25s and not with others due to rear wheel (not tire) clearance on the frame. Its the same frame clearance issue that makes running wheel covers difficult without some serious fiddling on a Transition. In effect as you move the wheel back in the dropouts your spokes will begin to clip the frame, at least my rovals do, which limits the tire size.
Quote Reply