Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

2007: NYC tri and IMLP dates CLASH!
Quote | Reply
Having just returned from IMLP I watched a recording of the NYC tri from last weekend and was surprised to find the announcement that next years race will commence on July 22nd - the SAME DAY as IMLP!

For me and many tri state area athletes this is to say the least a bit of a bummer. These days not only do many use NYC tri as a speed workout for IMLP but it also seems the majority of NYC area triathletes at least show up at both whether participating or not (as evidenced visibly by the larger presence of local tri teams such as ashphalt green, tri life, sbr and terrier tri etc).

I wonder if the NYC tri management team (being the party seemingly most flexible as this date changes every year) have considered this? If so, what are the reasons? I can only think they are either dictated by the tide/current tables as the race builds a reputation on its fast swim or have been pushed back by the life time fitness series to not coincide weekends with Minneapolis again?

Either way, I think many will be disappointing and it will likely hurt at least one of the races (if not in participation then in atmosphere due to fewer spectators).

-PB

-----------------------------------------------
www.true-motion.com Triathlete Casual Wear since 2007
(Twitter/FB)
Quote Reply
Re: 2007: NYC tri and IMLP dates CLASH! [t2k] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Must be nice to have a bank account that allows you to do both IMLP and NYC Tri in the same fiscal year...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't think they really care or consulted IMNA. IMLP filled up in 90 mins and NYC tri will do just fine at well over $100 entry fee.

Its all business.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They definitely changed the date so as not to be on the same weekend as LTF. The LTF date is very inflexible as it is tied into a 10 day long festival the city puts on. Like Slayer said, both races will do just fine...
Quote Reply
Re: 2007: NYC tri and IMLP dates CLASH! [SlayerHatebreed] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
they might do just "fine" as a business. both races attract participants nationwide and to a lesser extent globally. It still sucks from a triathlon enthusiast perspective - i for one will not be participating or supporting my teammates in NYC and will miss their support on the sidelines in IMLP.

-----------------------------------------------
www.true-motion.com Triathlete Casual Wear since 2007
(Twitter/FB)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not a biggie... I mean, come on, those who got shut out of IMLP07 have to find something to do that weekend...

Flame on
Quote Reply