Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
1 week from Ironman 70.3 World Championship, time to pick the top 3 men and women
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Re: 1 week from Ironman 70.3 World Championship, time to pick the top 3 men and women [sportstats] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I will start:

Pro Women

• Gomez
  • Frodeno
  • Sanders

Pro Women
  • Hauschild
  • Kessler
  • Wurtele

Quote Reply
Re: 1 week from Ironman 70.3 World Championship, time to pick the top 3 men and women [sportstats] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sportstats wrote:

Do we get until after the ITU WCS is finished before picking Gomez? I actually want to see a repeat of Gomez and Frodo beating each other down like in Beijing 2008.Can some Canadians like McMahon and Sanders factor in, or will it be Gomez+Frodo+Kienle? Also really cool to see Peter Robertson in the field (2001, 2003, 2005 ITU World Champ). Also cool that Ivan Rana is racing (5th from Sydney 2000 and fastest run at Kona 2013).
Quote Reply
Re: 1 week from Ironman 70.3 World Championship, time to pick the top 3 men and women [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dev,

Good point, we will find out in a few hours....there are many men and women on this list that can pull a win in Tremblant. Bozzone, Thomas, Tisseyre, Kessler all past winners on this course....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
OK men I will go with the safe bets:

1. Gomez
  2. Frodeno
  3. Kienle

Women

1. Fredriksen
  2. Hauschildt
  3. Vodickova

I was debating about Huetthaler, but I can't bring myself to inserting her in the list. I was also debating if Ivan Rana or Sanders can squeeze onto the podium with a fast run, but I think Rana gets dropped on the bike and Sanders has too much ground to make up on the front runners. Kienle is going to need to pass guys by the return climb on the 117 (half way through the bike) or he'll have a hard time making top 3. Will be interesting to see how Frodeno's legs bounced back (or not) after Frankfurt too.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'll pick straight chalk for the winners:
1. Hauschildt
2. Wurtele
3. Jackson

1. Kienle
2. Frodeno
3. Gomez
Quote Reply
Re: 1 week from Ironman 70.3 World Championship, time to pick the top 3 men and women [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My picks are not changing...Gomez with a 29:57 minute run today, nice warm up for next week....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jesse Thomas
Meredith Kessler
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sportstats wrote:
My picks are not changing...Gomez with a 29:57 minute run today, nice warm up for next week....

How much more does Frodeno weigh vs. Gomez. I think the new run course that you guys laid out would favor the slightly smaller athlete.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
sportstats wrote:

How much more does Frodeno weigh vs. Gomez. I think the new run course that you guys laid out would favor the slightly smaller athlete.

Shoot do I need to do a juice cleanse this week?

leslie myers
http://www.foodsensenow.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1. Hauschild
2. Naeth
3. Tyssere

1. Bozzone
2. Kienle
3. Gomez
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That dude Sanders is gonna do something. I am sure of that.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
New Training/Racing Log - http://www.earthdaykid.com/blog --- Old Training/Racing Log - http://colinlaughery.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Re: 1 week from Ironman 70.3 World Championship, time to pick the top 3 men and women [colinlaughery] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So what is your picks?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Frodeno
Gomez
Sanders

Kessler
Naeth
Hauschildt

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
New Training/Racing Log - http://www.earthdaykid.com/blog --- Old Training/Racing Log - http://colinlaughery.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Don
McMahon
Bozzone

Hauschildt
Morrison
Swallow

Z
Quote Reply
Re: 1 week from Ironman 70.3 World Championship, time to pick the top 3 men and women [tomziebart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tomziebart wrote:
Don
McMahon
Bozzone

Hauschildt
Morrison
Swallow

Z

Your picks wisely include people who have not done an Ironmans in July from what I recall. Most of us are picking Kienle and Frodeno, but these guys went red line at Frankfurt less than 2 months ago.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Men:
1. Frodeno
2. Gomez
3. Saunders

Women:
1. Hauschildt
2. Kessler
3.Fredriksen

-----------------------------------------------------
Check out my website/blog: http://www.macheetri.com
Infinit Ambassador: Use INFINIT-P29DC for $5.00 off
Quote Reply
Re: 1 week from Ironman 70.3 World Championship, time to pick the top 3 men and women [tomziebart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am also thinking Mcmahon will be there in the mix. Frodo FTW.

Canadian Record Holder 35-39M & 40-44M - 200 m Butterfly (LCM)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Baring any technical issues:
1. Sanders
2. Gomez
3. Kienle

Sanders down 3-4 min after the swim, but rides 2:04, then runs 1:08 so Gomez can't catch him.
Quote Reply
Re: 1 week from Ironman 70.3 World Championship, time to pick the top 3 men and women [Kayastah] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1:08 would be epic...

Aaron Bales
Lansing Triathlon Team
Quote Reply
Re: 1 week from Ironman 70.3 World Championship, time to pick the top 3 men and women [MI_Mumps] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
On that course it would, remember we changed the run to a 2 loop course, they turn around in the Old Village and then go higher up in the pedestrian village as well...
I will come down to the run but there are many of them that can run 1:09-1:12 range....course record is 3:51...estimate now 3:44 or faster...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Gomez
Frodeno
Don

Hauschildt
Fredrickson
Luxford
Quote Reply
Re: 1 week from Ironman 70.3 World Championship, time to pick the top 3 men and women [tucktri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hard to pick against Frodeno. Gomez has been impressive also but will he be completley ready after the race yesterday and from being sick?

I'm picking Frodeno, Kienle, Sanders, Gomez.
I'd love to see Jessee Thomas win though.

For the women I think it's a tough pick. I'll pick Morrison, Kessler, Swallow, Wurtele but won't be surprised if the top 4 are completley different.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sportstats wrote:
I will start:

Pro Women

• Gomez
  • Frodeno
  • Sanders

Pro Women

• Hauschild
  • Kessler
  • Wurtele

This except Luxford for Wurtele.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1 Aernouts
2 Frodeno
3 Gomez

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Fuck a duck and try to fly
Quote Reply

Prev Next