Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

10 days to healed road rash guaranteed: The Secret Method.
Quote | Reply
Here it is. I guranatee it works (for me... :)

1. Gently but thoroughly scrub the wound, removing dead tissue and foreign objects. Use a soft bristle VERY CLEAN brush and some type of anti-bacterial soap. If you can get prescription Phisohex use that. Note: this is a painful an unpleasnat but necessary process. Rinsing the wound under freezing cold running water for two or three minutes prior and then during reduce the pain and inflammation makig it more tolerable.

2. Once completely clean pat dry with sterile surgical sponges (gauze pads). At this stage treat the wound and the environment you are in with care. It is very prone to contamination. Work in as clean an area as possible.

3. Apply a liberal coating of Carrington Gel burn dressing. This is designed for serious third degree burn patients as an alternative to skin grafts.

4. Cover with Adaptic brand non-adherring, pre-moistened dressing.

5. Cover Adaptic dressing with lose, dry surgical dressing (gauze). Maintain a breathable wound environment. Do not use Telfa pads or other less breathable outer dressings.

6. If the wound is on an arm or leg secure the dressing using Sock-i-Net style stretch fishnet bandaging material. This is the fishnet stuff you see guys use in the Tour de France. If on your butt, back, face, or other area use a breathable, hypo-allergenic, low adhesive tape.

Important: VERY IMPORTANT! Change it three time per day without fail. Change after it gets wet additionally.
Changing this regularly allows fresh Carrington Gel to facilitate healing.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: 10 days to healed road rash guaranteed: The Secret Method. [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OK, I don't remember seeing that stuff at my local drugstore. Where do I get it?
Quote Reply
Re: 10 days to healed road rash guaranteed: The Secret Method. [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes. But even more preferably, try, try, try very hard to not crash.

And road rash of the skull can be fatal, so dont' forget to wear the ol' Giro/Bell/etc. skull protector...

Where would you want to swim ?
Quote Reply
Re: 10 days to healed road rash guaranteed: The Secret Method. [davejakes] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
timely ? Your are 10days to late :-(

road rash dirt
The minivan won !!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I happen to know another way that works, though your method might get higher marks from the medical community.

I face planted in the sand and rocks quite a way from home. By the time I got home the sand and blood had congealed and started to scab. I took off the dirt I COULD get off without major pain and left the sand in the scabs. Within about 4 days I was able to peel off the sandy scabs and had fresh new skin underneath it. Worked like a charm, but only recommended in similar circumstances.

-Robert

"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." ~Anne Frank
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
hey Tom, have you had an 'incident' lately?

Care to share?

kiwipat

per ardua ad astra
Quote Reply
Re: 10 days to healed road rash guaranteed: The Secret Method. [kiwipat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Happily, I haven't been on the pavement in years. Now that I've said that I'll probably go down tomorrow morning.

When I was a bicycle racer I once crashed in 7 races in a row. No fun. I was a huge walking bandage.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes, my only big spill was about 12 yrs ago in a crit. And you know, those lovely NZ roads are soooo not what you want to meet, shoulder first, at 45ks. I was like an extra in the Mummy for about 4 wks!

Good tips on wound hygiene.

kiwipat

per ardua ad astra
Quote Reply
Re: 10 days to healed road rash guaranteed: The Secret Method. [kiwipat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i hit a car door as the car slowed down and the guy in the passenger seat opened his door to hop out. We weren't near a light, and there was no real warning like a turn signal or something. Needless to say, that guy got a surprise as I ran right into his door about 2 1/2 inches from his head. My buddy, who is a much better rider than I am, crashed almost standing still when he couldn't get his foot out of the pedal. No big deal except that he was right in front of a local bar with an open front porch and there were a bunch of Harley bikers out having some afternoon beers watching the whole thing. No amount of bandages or creams can heal that wound.

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply