Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [Moonover] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Moonover you wuss!!! You're saying 'shitty temperature' when it's barely snowing. This picture makes me miss snow!

I'd like to see you here, 30 degrees with 80-90% humidity and military check points!

This last one is a military check point where most cars have to stop. It's funny, the CP is sponsored! I'm not sure I would associate something positive with a company that stops my car to search it!

OK, seems like the pics are not working, so here's the link : http://picasaweb.google.com/richard.ferron/100100#

Richard

"You're only young once, but you can be immature forever" - Larry Andersen
Last edited by: rferron: Dec 17, 08 19:29
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [Whitenose] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Suck it up and go run in the snow! Tonight I imagined I was running on a sandy beach...except for when I nearly landed on my butt when I hit black ice.

I actually did run on a sandy beach today. It's just that there was a bunch of snow on top of the sand . . . and more snow pelting my eyeballs.

Okay, I'm done whining about the snow-in-the-eyeballs thing now. Don't want to make myself eligible for a little tiny violin.

-----
Over 4.5 years bike crash free.
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [rferron] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Richard, I am picturing you as a white guy running wild in damp humid hot Sri Lanka in a Duran Duran "Hungry Like the Wolf Video"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lv6Cr5LZStE

By the way, I cannot see your pictures
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [rferron] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bouhou, i'm running at 30 degrees and boohoo it's humid ... whiny girl

Ok ... i'll stop flaming whiny girl if want to live when he comes back to Quebec City

D.

David

----
Yes, i run in AdiStar Racers all thru winter ... they are green-fluorescent ... so what !
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pics should be ok now...

Richard

"You're only young once, but you can be immature forever" - Larry Andersen
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [redtdi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
That picture is funny as heck!

Yea I thought it looked pretty cool. Glad someone realized my post with the pic was a joke lol
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Life is getting in the way today....should have worked out early morning but did not....I would just bail on a normal day, but I can't bear to take a rest day 2 days in on account of peer pressure...who is the idiot that put us up to this anyway???
x2
Late and no time to get to the gym tonight so I went outside. Accuweather says -16C (about 3F) but the temperature wasn't bad. It was all the half-tracked drifts in the dark that made it a real ankle workout. Silly challenge!

(Is that whiny enough? Just trying to fit in ... )
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't think Reparto Corse even touches the ground. The average pace is on fire.....averaging sub 2 minute miles :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Can we have an automatic counter on top of the challenge page to indicate what is the current target? After few days I will simply loose count and the leaderboard doesn't help with huge numbers already posted.

Francois-Xavier Li @FrancoisLi
"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." George Bernard Shaw
http://www.swimrunfrance.fr
http://www.worldofswimrun.com
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [Micawber] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You COULD try to fit in more forcefully ... i heard no violin in your post

David

----
Yes, i run in AdiStar Racers all thru winter ... they are green-fluorescent ... so what !
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [Moonover] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Three for Three and now my first 'scheldued' rest day...........48hrs of no running. First ever double run coming up Saturday, should be neat but again I following it up with a day off on Sunday so that is easy on the mind.

This is soooooooooooo FUN!

Oh and nutrition is going well for me anyhow, now is the TIME!

tfun~
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [trvfsub2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I like this thread :-)

I showed some self-control this morning and only ran 6 mi. Must stay healthy. Must stay healthy. Must stay healthy.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I figured since I run every day, and sometimes twice, I get to eat more christmas cookies and other food items this year. :-)
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nice work Tiger, your killing it.........agreed this is FUN. My wife is in the challenge too and we keeping at it, your deff one of the PEEPS we watching and using as motivation.

tfun~
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This is the 100/100, right, not the 10,000 miles / 100 days?

You people are nuts. There, I said it.

--
MyGearGarage - Track all your gear!
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [Herbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I figured since I run every day, and sometimes twice, I get to eat more christmas cookies and other food items this year. :-)

My brother and I are home on Christmas break and it's like Hansel and Gretel around here. Wicked Witch Mom is trying to fatten us up with Christmas cookies. It's awful ;-)

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [Herbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No you don't get to eat more that would be counter productive my friend. That being said my mother just sent over a nice big tin of butterscotch cookies. Think I will have a few.

Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [trvfsub2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Nice work Tiger, your killing it.........agreed this is FUN. My wife is in the challenge too and we keeping at it, your deff one of the PEEPS we watching and using as motivation.

Thanks. I'll stay as long as I can keep the OCD at bay, which I did NOT do a good job of day 1 2 or 3.

Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [mrtrik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Impending storm in new england this weekend (and tomorrow), so I may start my vacation sooner rather than later... I'm basically off or working from home until Jan 22 (probably longer, unless I can line up some work).

Home next week, Philly the week after, back home for a week, then SoCal for a week. No bike there, so not sure what I'll do... but I can definitely get some running in over the next 30 days. I may even do a couple of these 2 a days that you sick bastards do. Maybe not till CA when it's nice and warm.

--
MyGearGarage - Track all your gear!
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [mrtrik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah but we've already had one (here in New England) as you probably know and it's tough enough to run outside already. Ice all over the place. Had to do my "tempo" run (read: "easy run with half-hearted attempt at speed") last night on the treadmill.
Last edited by: JoeO: Dec 18, 08 6:54
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [JoeO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a hateful passion for the treadmill ... I prefer developping my balancing skills on ice twice a day instead of even thinking about looking at a treadmill...

If there is too much ice, i put on my icetrack ... it is'nt really comfortable but at still i does'nt slide as much ...

David

----

David

----
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TC....this is not a sprint...and let me remind everyone that.

Probably the best volume to start on is your average run volume from the mid week of Oct and mid week of November. The reason why I ask you guys to go back that far, is because running fitness is not one or gained in a few days...it is month over month. I bet most of you were running moderately low volume during those months, so that is a good starting point.

For me, I was running 60-90 kpw during those months, so that is the range that I wills start in and drop it down as my XC ski races kick in during mid Jan. I pretty well do at least one week per month at 80-100K range year round so that I never lose the ability to run reasonably volume...it usually coincides with business trips where this is my only fitness option.

Dev
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I can't speak for anyone else but for me this is the time of year I normally try to crank my mileage back up anyway so this challenge fit in perfectly with that. What I am doing now is certainly not what what I did from Oct - Nov but that was right after a marathon. I would be picking up the volume now regardless of the challenge. It's just that the challenge helps a little on the one or two mornings that I really don't feel like getting in run.
Last edited by: JoeO: Dec 18, 08 7:38
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
November for me was all weeks of 55-58 miles. October was completely scattered with anywhere from 24 to 45.

And with that said I need to go SWIM!

Last edited by: tigerchik: Dec 18, 08 7:42
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Count me in as another late-to-the-party runner. I need something to motivate me over the Christmas holidays while I am away from my cross country/track team at school. My track record has been terrible in the past, and I've always started indoor track season in January with my fitness somewhat lacking. The problem was largely a combination of too much food around Christmas and not enough running!

I think I should stay sufficiently motivated if I take part in a challenge/competition.

http://lesliesexton.wordpress.com
Quote Reply

Prev Next