Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Had an awesome day yesterday.

Headed out on our local greenway, which was shovelled somewhat. Sunny minus 15 celsius in the Okanagan. My faithful Border Collie Makaze at my heel. Did a brisk (for me) 5.8 km in 31 minutes.

Went off to do some errands, Makaze waited patiently in the car. Bank, groceries, post office, etc.

Finally got everything done, got back into the truck and Makaze gave me that unique BC look that says "Dad, I am about to go insane" ... so back to the greenway for another 35 minute 6.2 km run.

Then to the gym for a quick swim and a hot tub and off to home.

Back to work. Next day off January 6.

===============
Proud member of the MSF (Maple Syrup Mafia)
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [slowbern] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Shit....did I already consume my daily rant quota on a snow shovelling question???? Now you guys will go to town asking all kinds of stuff cause I can't rant for the rest of the day....better get out and get my run done at some point so that I don't have steam coming out of my ears on account of the next dumb question and too much caffeine and not having trained yet!!!!

Are all you guys still get chicked by Tigerchik in the distance competition?
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [Mekrob] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I've got 3 runs in two days.. I'm sorta 'banking' a few runs since I know there will be days where it will be impossible for me to run. (Xmas party w/ open bar coming up!) I think it'll be easier to pay for days off in advance, rather than having to make them up later.

~Rob

My Christmas party strategy is to drive to the party, then take a cab or ride with a DD home. The next morning, the only way I can get my car is if I run there. Last year's party was close to a 2 hour run away. This had the added benefit of sweating out the hangover!

Are YOU in the Zone?
http://www.discomfortzone.com
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Whats up with more than 80 people signed up for the challenge who have not yet logged a single run? Thats about a 20% attrition rate in the first 3 days...
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [Chris G] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They are waiting in stealth mode to see what you guys do...then later in the week, they'll log back to back to back to back to back 2+ hour runs and vault ahead of all you posers feeling good about yourselves :-). Or they wanted to get a seat at the table in fear of it selling out (not that it would ....but we are the quarter the size of a NAS event which is amazing for an online virtual "event" of sorts) and will see how things go for 2 weeks and then post....its just like all those guys who line up and buy NAS Ironman tickets without a firm committment to racing a year later and decide in May or June if things are on track or not....perhaps the same effect.

Dev
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [rferron] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is the beginning of my pissing contest with rferron ... the bastard gets to do the 100/100 challenge in a nice tropical temperature ...

I'm gonna try to take a picture for each run ... at the end of the challenge it will be fun to check the shitty temperature i ran thru ...

http://www.facebook.com/...960&id=576852750

David

----
Yes, i run in AdiStar Racers all thru winter ... they are green-fluorescent ... so what !
Last edited by: Moonover: Dec 17, 08 11:30
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [mcoughlin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My Christmas party strategy is to drive to the party, then take a cab or ride with a DD home. The next morning, the only way I can get my car is if I run there. Last year's party was close to a 2 hour run away. This had the added benefit of sweating out the hangover![/reply]
x2

I did that last year after my wife's Christmas party. Thank God it wasn't a two-hour run. There's no way I could have made it that far the next day.

Sarge
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [Roughster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Word of caution to fellow early morning runners: Don't assume that driver sees you even if you are already in the cross walk and waving your arms to get their attention.

No kidding. Last week I was running across an intersection while looking into the driver's eyes! I was also wearing a bright white long sleeve and believe me, that is a lot of material and very visible. Just as I am one step from crossing in front of her, she starts rolling the stop. I slammed my hand down on the hood of the car and she never blinked. My follow through slammed her side window. THEN she stops and looks surprised. I was so amped up when I smacked the window, I was surprised I didn't break it.

New rule: I am running behind any car from now on.
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [Moonover] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Life is getting in the way today....should have worked out early morning but did not....I would just bail on a normal day, but I can't bear to take a rest day 2 days in on account of peer pressure...who is the idiot that put us up to this anyway???
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Did run #4 earlier and in a little while when Amy comes home she'll join me for run #5. Trying to load up the # of runs early as the holidays may throw in some monkey wrenches. Plus we are traveling to Europe in late February and that'll kill a few running days. But that can be also seen as tapering for the Black Mountain marathon on February 28th. :-)
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [Scott Rigsby] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
alrite...im a few days late but im in! Todays the 17th..this just means I’ll run 2 in one day! Yaaa…I needed something crazy to keep me motivated & this looks like its it!

good talent everyone!

Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You know, reading through this thread two things occur to me...

Triathletes must be deliberately obtuse

Triathletes whine like little girls a lot of the time.

John

Top notch coaching: Francois and Accelerate3 | Follow on Twitter: LifetimeAthlete |
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [Moonover] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
This is the beginning of my pissing contest with rferron ... the bastard gets to do the 100/100 challenge in a nice tropical temperature ...

I'm gonna try to take a picture for each run ... at the end of the challenge it will be fun to check the shitty temperature i ran thru ...

I know I'm probably asking for the tiniest violin and all, but yesterday for me was air temperature of 74F, and dew point of 74F and the heat & humisery definitely bit. When the humidity is that high, the person in the allegedly great tropical temperature really wishes for a nice sunny 50F day with no wind.
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [FLA Jill] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
In Reply To:

I know I'm probably asking for the tiniest violin and all, but yesterday for me was air temperature of 74F, and dew point of 74F and the heat & humisery definitely bit. When the humidity is that high, the person in the allegedly great tropical temperature really wishes for a nice sunny 50F day with no wind.

Took this before one of last years runs:

Worst so far for me this year was 11 on Saturday am...
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [Chris G] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am not sure I agree with the 2 feet having to be off the ground. I was looking at my feet today and when I run really slow I am not
sure I really do that. To double check I had my wife take a pic of me running today with my friends.

Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [Devlin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Triathletes whine like little girls a lot of the time. "

That comment is totally unfair to little girls.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dev,

Tigerchik is on pace for 100 mile weeks.....that is way beyond my volume. I am shooting for 65-75.
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [RBR] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think the galloping Mr. Usein Bolt has no confusion about what constitutes running, whether we put a shovel in his hand or put him in a pool or an elliptical

....and for the record, both feet off the ground on each stride.

Remember, your goal on every stride in this challenge is to be DQ's if you were in the Olympic 50K race walking event. Burn this image of Usein into your head if you feel any confusion about what constitutes running. I bet we could explain to Usein what drafting is and he'd get it faster than most tri geeks!

Most of the guys in the picture below do not qualify for 100/100 even though they are moving faster than most of us....the only exception is the guy leading and rounding the corner...he would qualify (on that stride) for 100/100

Last edited by: devashish_paul: Dec 17, 08 14:26
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [FLA Jill] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bah, last april i ran in Mali (Africa) in the desertic region, it was 52 celsius ... I did ran 5 miles and i was ok ...

<Violin playing>
If you put aside the fact that i spent half an hours under the air conditionning unit in my motel room with five bottle of cold water under my armpits et knees to cool down and avoid the heat stroke ... i was ok ;)

David

----
Yes, i run in AdiStar Racers all thru winter ... they are green-fluorescent ... so what !
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [rocklinwoody] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm already done! Just recovering for a concussion for the past three months and I tought to give it a try on the 15th but things didnt go too well!

good luck to all,

Stef

Formely stef32
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [RBR] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That picture is funny as heck!

"the trick is to keep losing weight until your friends and family ask you if you've been sick. then you know you're within 10 pounds. if they start whispering to each other, wondering if you've got cancer or aids, you're within 5. when they actually do an intervention, you're at race weight." - Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That's a beautiful picture. I want my calves to look that good.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Took yesterday off because of my cardiovascular phys final so I got my second run in tonight. here's a pic of one of the streets with light balls hanging from the trees.

-Jason

I believe cars are the new second hand smoke. -Dave Zabriskie
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yea, well I could be that fast on a tread mill too. Gotta keep up with the darn thing or it will jettison you right off the back!

Suck it up and go run in the snow! Tonight I imagined I was running on a sandy beach...except for when I nearly landed on my butt when I hit black ice.
Last edited by: Whitenose: Dec 17, 08 18:54
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That's been pretty standard for my first 3 days of running. Actually, I think it was above zero tonight. I didn't look.
Quote Reply

Prev Next