Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Why is it in KM? Almost everyone uses miles.
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [Raptor] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Isn't Dev Candian? So, naturally a contrarian?

"In case of flood climb to safety"
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll abide by the rules, but I just wanted to voice an objection to the no water running rule.

NOBODY is going to water run unless they have to. It's hard and boring and should be counted.

Okay, I've voiced my objection. I feel much better. I'm totally fine with the no elliptical rule.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nice motivation tool for winter months, thanks Dev. I'm in.

Eric Deshaies
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [PirateGirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Object all you want, but if you really need to water run it is a signal that you have to bow out of the challenge. Sorry, but that is the way it is. Request for water running denied.

Metric vs imperial units, you can set your pref in your profile

Yes, we require entering mileage

Jen, yes, if you want to to skip down the street, heck we'll count it.....we'll even count it if someone wanted to 30 minutes of continuous triple jump (hop, skip, jump).

OK all you guys, go out and run now. I am pretty sure the Germans are out hauling ass in the Euro 100/100!
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [Raptor] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Why is it in KM? Almost everyone uses miles.
It defaults to metric, but you can change it. On the training log, go to the "Members" tab, which will pull up your abbreviated training log profile. Click "Edit" up near the top right, then down at the bottom of your profile you can select "imperial" or "metric." You can also specify your sex, just in case you don't want to continue being a woman.

-----
Over 4.5 years bike crash free.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"Why is it in KM? Almost everyone uses miles"

That is only true for one country on this planet :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's up to you to change from Kms to miles in your "profile settings". But yes, kms are much better. When is the US going to join the rest of us?

In Reply To:
if you really need to water run it is a signal that you have to bow out of the challenge

I beg to differ, it can be a nice way to get a run in with zero impact on one's legs. Water running is good for injury recovery. It is also a way to get "extra" miles without the pounding.

c'mon Dev we all know you just don't like spending time in the pool ;-)

10.64 mi for me this morning in 83:42. Run 2/2

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [wimaboju] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Will,
I would think that by now you have a rough idea what pace your running. So So if you ran 48 minutes at a 12 minute/mile pace, you ran 4 miles. :-)

Herbert
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [wimaboju] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
http://www.mapmyrun.com

-Jason

I believe cars are the new second hand smoke. -Dave Zabriskie
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [rferron] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rferron,
I hope you are saving your money back there in Sri Lanka ... because i looove good wine ... it's kind of unfair that you get to run in a tropical climate while a get to plow trough the slush, grit and ice of Quebec City ... Anyway, i'm still gonna win the wager .. you won't ;)

David

----
Yes, i run in AdiStar Racers all thru winter ... they are green-fluorescent ... so what !
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [bonesbrigade] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
It's up to you to change from Kms to miles in your "profile settings". But yes, kms are much better. When is the US going to join the rest of us?
Believe you me, I've been asking that for a while...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ok, so here is my question:

I wanted to go water running today, but you know, I live in the desert, so what
I did was put on my water shoes, my jammers, my goggles and got a rope and
tied it to a tree in my front yard and my waist and started aqua jogging without
the aqua. Naturally, I got started late at 11:29 p.m.

I did this until, evidently some inconsiderate neighbor called the cops. I saw the
cruiser coming down the street, so I quickly untied and jogged inside, but I
lost two minutes. I ran in place inside, but by then it was 12:01, so I only had
29 minutes yesterday, and 1 minute today.

Can I count this as a run yesterday?

Thanks.

-Jot
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm a 100/100 newbie, so I have no idea what I'm in for, but the weather in Ottawa is certainly cooperating. What a way to start; 8*C, running in shorts in December. 10.84K for the first one, 99 more to go.

This is gonna be fun.
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [Allan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What the hell....I finish my run and enter my lame 13.5K and suddenly vault to number 3 on the distance standings ahead of Faulds, Rockinwoody, Konaexpress and Derek Theriault.....well, I just need to wait for you guys to blow past me, just like in real life racing where I am often ahead early and fall off the back....

Herbert, you better get your German butt out there....I'm going to contact Coenen Clemens to enter his runs on this challenge just so you can't have the glory of being the studliest German on our challenge....or what about that Henry guy who is from Munich????

Dev
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
if you look up distance now, Tigerchick is "chicking" us all ;-)

Ewan

Ewan

-------------------------

Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [_EH_] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, seriously, she is on the half marathon per day program!!! My goal is to log 12-13 K on all my "real runs" and do 6-7K on filler 30 min transition runs or commute runs and hopefully average out close to 10K per run to get the 1000K done...at least that is the plan.

Dev
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
just remember, this is only day 2 still a long, long, long way to go.

BTW this is an interesting side note to the challenge: I ran to work today with and extra 5lbs of stuff in my bag(food for a food drive at work) and holy crap if anyone is looking for a little motivation to loose some weight, try that. I was shocked and what "just an extra 5lbs" felt like (esp on the hills)

Ewan

Ewan

Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [_EH_] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
When I run to work with my laptop, clothes and lunch it is 15 extra pounds....add 8 layers of winter run clothes and shoes and that is 20 extra lbs...that puts me up to a whopping 140+20=160.....I really don't know how you big guys haul all that bulk around and go so fast!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
well I never really considered myself big 6'4" 175lbs off season weight, but I just read Rappstar's nutritional report thread and he is 154lbs man I am positively portly...
I guess I need to go on the Put to Spoon down diet!

Ewan

Ewan

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
well I never really considered myself big 6'4" 175lbs off season weight, but I just read Rappstar's nutritional report thread and he is 154lbs man I am positively portly...
I guess I need to go on the Put to Spoon down diet!

Ewan
I need to show this to my wife. She thinks I'm getting too skinny at 6'2" and 200lbs.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Whoa...before you go crazy denying things... I never asked for water running to be included. I was simply protesting :-) I was going to plead my case (of a sprained ankle) but then I decided to try running and made it (albeit very slow) the 30 minutes.

And I guess I was wrong, NOBODY but TC would water run unless they had to :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bulk is all perspective- my 165# at 5'7" is svelt compared to my heyday of weightlifting at 198#! I do pine for my race weight of 155 though.

I feel as if the challenge has started with a whimper and a fart for me- 4 miles yeaterday, about the same (later) today. Rest weeks are just part of the cycle! Next week will see me hit 40 MPW for the 1st time in a long while.

If I don't, who will? -Me
It's like being bipolar in opinion is a requirement around here. -TripleThreat
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I entered my run today, and I'm in first for the "speed" standings some how...but I'm doing poorly on the distance standings. I think I better slow things down a bit if I plan on getting through this injury free.

I was telling my wife about this challenge, and the only way I'm *allowed* to do this is if I also do the 100 things around the house in 100 days.

Day 1 - Pick up items on my wife's home depot list that has been sitting on the table for weeks
Day 2 - Put chaulking around the windows (one of the items on day 1 list) to prevent drafts

My wife said I can double up between jobs, but I have to have 1 hour between each.

Prev Next