Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [Herbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I got off to a great start on my 100/100 challenge: I donated blood platelets and plasma this morning at Childrens Hospital in DC. I had the appointment in my book for a couple of weeks and felt bad having to cancel my last one (bad cold) so I figure it's time to HTFU and go give some blood products. Sheila the Tech promised not to take any more hemoglobin than absolutely necessary and I am keeping myself good and hydrated for 30 easy-but-Dev-compliant minutes as soon as I get home from work.

Good on ya for everyone off to a good start today.

Paul
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ok, i did a birthday half marathon fun run so I think I'm leading the challenge in distance and time! I'll break that streak tomorrow by taking a day off :) I am shooting for the lowest club.
Thanks for a great way to stay motivated.

Dan
http://www.aiatriathlon.com

http://www.aiatriathlon.com
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nothing like a sunny morning after an ice storm to create some great scenery for my first run. Looking at the results page I am gonna have to put some doubles in early so I don't have to look so far down for my name ;-)

Assuming my next flight gets in somewhere near on time I may have to knock out a quick 30 on the treadmill in a few hours. Guess there are a few benefits to business travel...
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [Herbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey....no counting picture taking time as running time (remember both feet off the ground at some point in each stride with forward motion)....you might be leading the bald German category and editor of ST, but that does not leave ya off the hook :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dude, if you can't run and take pics at the same time, that is your issue. :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
TC.... no the official ST tracking system is for all challenges. 100/100 was just the guineau pig....for Jan, go into the challenges tab and create the swim challenge and you are good to go!!!

Garageman...pictures from running through Guangzhou (I think you said you are staying near there?). OK it is Dec 15th so I better go and run!

RBR....why did you have 2 runs listed for Dec 15th at 9 am Japan time (7 pm EST, Dec 14th). I can't see any of this but the ST admin folks can see where the various IP addresses are from. Everyone, make sure that you check the date of your runs when you submit them. I have to believe that people are unintentionally caught "in the draft zone" rather than blatently drafting/posting workouts that never happened on a given day :-(

Great, we have 2 feet of snow on the ground and it is plus 8C and raining, so the first run will be Noah's Ark syle!!!

Dev that was put up there last week.

Remember you had us people from last year test the system? Then you posted later asking WHY are so many of you posting it on Dec 15th?

We all thought we were suppose to so we could test it.

So I did run today 2 times not as far as the 'test' you had us do so I went and changed it to what I did today.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Oh darn...not only can I not run and take pictures properly but clydesdale guys in the bald German category are already kicking my ass at this lame challenge.

Just saw that the challenge hit over 400 people today....can we get to 25% that his 100/100?

RBR, OK, understood...that was left over from testing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey Dev

Your baiting worked and I'm in :) Today was my 45th day in a row with 30 or more minutes of running so I'm nicely warmed up. Only 99 more to go and tomorrow will likely be a double since I have nothing to do but run while Rachel swims at 5:30am and then after work I'm running with a few of my former athletes that are home from school for Christmas break.

Allan
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Did my first run and am waiting now for my second run. It was nice weather the first time around, but I expect it to be a bit cooler and darker for the next run.

Herbert, Where is that at? It looks familiar.
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It all started one night on a back road in North Carolina. No, I am not telling a moonshine story, I'm talking about my first run. Running in the boondocks at night is scary, but fun. I'll see you in platnum land in 99 days!
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [GOKARTN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That is the bridge and the trail behind Winston-Salem State University.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I didn't know you lived in Winston Salem. Is that Salem Lake then?

-Jason

I believe cars are the new second hand smoke. -Dave Zabriskie
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [swift] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
4.45 @ 7:41 = 34:21. Was a nice evening run which means I earned my day off tomorrow...well if you count 2 swimming workouts in a day a day off :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Probably a dumb question, but...

Could playing ice hockey for an hour and a half count as a run? If not, I'll just double up the next day.

Jeff
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just finished my first run in 5* wind chill but was layered enough it was very comfortable. Maybe this has already been asked, but is there a way to make the pace in the training log reflect pace per mile, rather than pace per kilometer?

Quote | Reply
Go with dumb question, remember a run is 30min............hockey is hockey not running.

Double it up later with two 30min runs, and have FUN with it and hockey too.

tfun~
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [waitebe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just go to "profile settings", then "user profile", and you'll see an option at the bottom for imperial or metric.

Thanks. I also saw that I was incorrectly marked as female so double thanks.

Quote | Reply
When they allow you to do the Kona run course in Hockey skates, feel free to run with hockey skates on...

....what kind of a friggin question is this? I have to figure out a way that the person orginating a challenge can kick people out of the challenge if they ask really dumb questions....and unlike in "brainstorming" where there are no dumb ideas, at the 100/100 challenge, there are plenty of dumb questions worthy of getting one kicked out, but we love all of ya, and our only way of keeping you in line is to shame you into 'actually following the rules" :-) :-) :-).

Seriously folks, how hard is to to figure out if you are running or not.

No wonder Jimmy Ritticello has such a tough time at Ironman Florida and Draftwater...if some of you jokers can't even figure out what running is, how the heck are you going to have the IQ to measure up 4-5 bike lengths and count for 15 seconds!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am confused why your comment is in pink which I thought was meant to indicate sarcasm?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If I skip down the road, does that count? I mean, both feet leave the ground, I am propelled forward and my heart rate will rise. So, skipping = running, right?

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [bonesbrigade] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I couldn't start this thing with a run on the dreadmill ... so, all bundled up, I did 4 or so very very cold miles in 35 min. When I left home, weather.com reported the temp was exactly 0 degrees. Local radio was more optimistic, reporting a balmy 3 degrees F.

"In case of flood climb to safety"
Last edited by: jcurtis: Dec 15, 08 22:07
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [jcurtis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I feel horrible right now. Not because running in DS Trainers without socks gave me some nice blisters on the first day of the challenge, its because I live in Tucson which had great weather today yet I procrastinated and went to the gym at the last minute to make sure I don't start out to far behind.

http://www.kickballracing.com
I have many hobbies...make that too many.
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [jcurtis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I couldn't start this thing with a run on the dreamill . . .

I thought the same thing. So I bundled up and did 4 or so very very cold and wet miles tonight. It was 50 degrees with some wind and a bit of rain on the way back. I figure I am waaay tougher than you cuz I am in So Cal and we see this type of weather less often than you see 0 degrees.;-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
One more question. Do we have to put mileage? The only time I ever know mileage is when I run on the track and that isn't very often, especially at this time of year. I don't really worry too much about mileage ever, just time and effort. I can map some things if it is necessary though.

The best pace is a suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die.-Pre
Quote Reply

Prev Next