Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm not sure if it has been asked, but is snowshoe running allowed? There is no such thing as zone 1 doing this -especially with powder.

3rd challenge, I'm in aiming for Platinum. Thanks (again) Paul!

Francois-Xavier Li @FrancoisLi
"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." George Bernard Shaw
http://www.swimrunfrance.fr
http://www.worldofswimrun.com
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [bonesbrigade] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bonesbrigade, the answer is yes, running with snowshoes on is permitted as long as both feet leave the ground on each stride....we don't care how badly you want to penalize yourself by adding weights to your legs...we even allow people to wear newtons in this challenge as long as both feet leave the ground on each stride
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [Micawber] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
In Reply To:
Suck it up, it is -44c here with the windchill today.........thank goodness for the work treadmills, the home treadmill and the 160m track at my gym. I can do this!

tfun~
Same temps here! I don't have the home treadmill but I guess I'll make do with the indoor track and the treadies at the gym. I was kind of on the fence about joining, but I'll try it and see what happens.

Edit: -32C without windchill here this morning too.
hate to rub it in but its about 61 F here right now in sunny North Carolina. just did run #1 in shorts and a tshirt.

-Jason

I believe cars are the new second hand smoke. -Dave Zabriskie
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ok, why is this always during the begining of my "down time"? Oh well, I am just running easy on dirt. Cold and rainy this morning so now I am running in mud.

8.4 sleepy miles.

Thanks for organizing this Dev. I need a push to get through the next 4 weeks.

-Woody
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So if I started breaking my Sunday long run up into the folowing - 4.x mile (30 min), 1 hour break, 4.x mile (30 min), 1 hour break, 4.x mile (30 min), 1 hour break, 4.x mile (30 min)

Would that be allowd and count as 4 runs and more importantly would my wife put up with me spreading a workout over most of sunday and generating an insane amount of sports laundry :P

---------------------------
http://www.nunnsontherun.com
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [gavnunns] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
So if I started breaking my Sunday long run up into the folowing - 4.x mile (30 min), 1 hour break, 4.x mile (30 min), 1 hour break, 4.x mile (30 min), 1 hour break, 4.x mile (30 min)

Would that be allowd and count as 4 runs and more importantly would my wife put up with me spreading a workout over most of sunday and generating an insane amount of sports laundry :P
Apparently it would count. For her sake... wear the same think for each run. :)

Side curiosity... do you get the same benefit in a format like that vs one 2 hr run (aside from the challenge...)

--
MyGearGarage - Track all your gear!
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [mrtrik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not sure about the same benefit but I'm sure you would burn more calories as your metabolism would not have returned to normal between each run.

Closest format I've done to this previously is 4mile run, 20mile bike, 4mile run, 20mile bike, 4 mile run. This is a great workout in prep for the Triple-T :)

---------------------------
http://www.nunnsontherun.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am in! Never run more than 6 days per week so will see how it goes. Just did minimum tonight (30min) and it was the most uncomfortable run ever. Raced Jailbreak Ultra Tri (South Africa) yesterday and I normally do not run for 48 hours after.

http://www.speedsnakecoaching.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What about pool running?
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [rocklinwoody] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
What about pool running?
How about running on the moon, or in a balloon, boy I hope to do so soon!

Jason in Truckee
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Dev

Some of the euros are doing both - I'm in Munich and am participating in the Euro 100 Challenge - 85 days to go and feeling good - Have also signed up for the Slowtwitch 100 - I actually started this running lark on the 15th Nov so should end up with around 130 runs if all goes to plan.

One question - what running do we do after the challenge?

gruß aus Muenchen

Henry.
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [zhivota] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The pool is tougher than than running indoors with dread, on the tread, with crappy music in your head, next to a sweaty guy named Jed whose face is red because he is trying to demonstrate his running cred.

Of course if you live in Truckee your pool is frozen....
Last edited by: rocklinwoody: Dec 15, 08 11:38
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [rocklinwoody] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
The pool is tougher than than running indoors with dread, on the tread, with crappy music in your head, next to a sweaty guy named Jed whose face is red because he is trying to demonstrate his running cred.

Of course if you live in Truckee your pool is frozen....

You'll never find me on the dreadmill! I got in my 32 minutes today in heavy snow and like it that way :-). And Donner Lake is so not frozen man, in fact right now the water is probably quite a bit warmer than the air!

Jason in Truckee
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
64 December degrees in Virginia ... good reason to head out for #1.
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [zhivota] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ok scratch pool running....sub in lake running
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
What about pool running?

From the rules that Dev posted (post #1 in this thread):

The goal of this entire thing is to lay down a solid run base by doing volume through frequency in short bursts of running. It can be outdoors or on a treadmill, but it must be running (no water running, no bogus elliptical trainer...). Walking does not count...there must be 2 feet off the ground at some point in every stride (the difference between race walking and running) and there must be forward motion so 30 minutes of jumping jacks will not count L.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [trackie clm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ooops...I did a search for "pool" not "water".
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm in! I was going back and forth about this for the past couple of weeks, but here I am! I'm shooting for the Bronze level, but maybe I'll surprise myself. This will be my first foray into high-frequency running, so I'm going to take it excruciatingly and embarrassingly slow. Thanks for organizing this, Dev! Here's looking at an AWESOME 2009!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Why is the 1:13 half marathoner trying to wangle out of "land running" and searching to do pool running....you wanna go to the pool then swim like Phelps and then have your 13000 calorie meal (or at least swim 10% Phelps mileage and don't forget to practice the finishing magic touch) :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Here is my question. I ran last night for 57 minutes BUT I started at 11:30p.m. and I finished at 12:27ish. Can I count that for today or does it count for yesterday?

The best pace is a suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die.-Pre
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
hahaha, I am trying to get to platinum. So I am trying to stretch the rules :)

I try to run 13 times in 2 weeks. But I could pool errr water run on that 14th day.

I am going to see if I can fit a double day now. I took yesterday off so might have two weeks to figure out how I will get that extra session and keep that day off.
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [wimaboju] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think that depends on whether you were running with the direction of the Earth's rotation or against it.

-----
Over 4.5 years bike crash free.
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [wimaboju] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Here is my question. I ran last night for 57 minutes BUT I started at 11:30p.m. and I finished at 12:27ish. Can I count that for today or does it count for yesterday?
Clearly no, as only 27 minutes was done today. Go out and run for 3 minutes and log a 30 min workout.

Jason in Truckee
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Did my first run and am waiting now for my second run. It was nice weather the first time around, but I expect it to be a bit cooler and darker for the next run.

Quote Reply

Prev Next