Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [Scott Rigsby] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Welcome to ST. You are amazing.
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey Dev,

Sri Lanka is hot! 30 something with 80%+ humidity. Now we are in the cool period (26 +) so it's a bit easier. I did my first ocean swim recently and it was really nice. The problem wih Sri Lanka is that more than half the year the sea is to ruff to swim on the west coast. Big under courants. Even the boats don't go out! The nice period just started. The other coast is 8 hours away and my insurance dont want me to go there because of the LTTE so...

Sri Lanka is a nice country with really nice mountains 180 km away but 180km takes 6h by car!

Pictures soon!

Richard

"You're only young once, but you can be immature forever" - Larry Andersen
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm joining ST just for this. I almost joined for the dirty secrets thread, but this was the final straw on the camel's back.

Ran today through four inches of fresh pow on the trails next to my house. It will be a challenge!

Jason in Truckee

Jason in Truckee
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [Herbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Swim Challenge is jealous that the 100/100 gets an official ST tracking system. Next month can the swim challenge use the ST training log too?

Also, I do not understand what the "speed" column means???? (forgive the dumb bunny blonde question)

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm in, with trepidation, that I have this fear that as soon as I jump into a run challenge I'll get hurt. I have, however, had a phenomenal year for running (we are at 15 months stress fracture free today!) so here it goes.

10.8 mi this morning, running very easy 8:30s on the treadmill. Now I have to go get ready for work.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TC.... no the official ST tracking system is for all challenges. 100/100 was just the guineau pig....for Jan, go into the challenges tab and create the swim challenge and you are good to go!!!

Garageman...pictures from running through Guangzhou (I think you said you are staying near there?). OK it is Dec 15th so I better go and run!

RBR....why did you have 2 runs listed for Dec 15th at 9 am Japan time (7 pm EST, Dec 14th). I can't see any of this but the ST admin folks can see where the various IP addresses are from. Everyone, make sure that you check the date of your runs when you submit them. I have to believe that people are unintentionally caught "in the draft zone" rather than blatently drafting/posting workouts that never happened on a given day :-(

Great, we have 2 feet of snow on the ground and it is plus 8C and raining, so the first run will be Noah's Ark syle!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Suck it up, it is -44c here with the windchill today.........thank goodness for the work treadmills, the home treadmill and the 160m track at my gym. I can do this!

tfun~
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Also, I do not understand what the "speed" column means???? (forgive the dumb bunny blonde question)
Running speed... as in MPH or KPH I guess.

--
MyGearGarage - Track all your gear!
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [Scott Rigsby] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Scott,
Nice seeing you here after bumping into you in Hawi last time. :-)

Herbert
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [trvfsub2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm in and going for gold this year. Thanks for all of the hard work Dev and to everyone who contributed to getting the new Slowtwitch training log rolling. Happy running!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thank for doing this. After last year's challenge, I qualified for Boston 2009 in an early Mar marathon. This will be perfect training for Boston. Going for gold.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Silver for me at least. Running should be a good stress relief if I can fit it in between subjects next semester

-Jason

I believe cars are the new second hand smoke. -Dave Zabriskie
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'll try to go all the way. We'll see. Too bad I raced yesterday, last thing I want to do is run today - but what's 30 mins nice and slow, right?

--
MyGearGarage - Track all your gear!
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [Herbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah guys...as Herbert mentioned, we have Scott Rigsby on board this challenge. If you don't know him click on his profile from the results page (by clicking on his name) and it tells the full story...awesome!
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [Devlin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm still down with gold tho. Maybe gamebofh and I can get together for a couple runs after the holidays, and he can chivvy my wallowing whale ass along...

Spoken only like someone who has never seen me run could say it. ;)

-Jot

Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [gamebofh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
43 F and Pouring. Hit the snooze a few times then realized...this was D-Day for the 100/100. That alone was enough to get me out of bed. Once I got moving the stride and pace felt good so just did my 30 mins and wrapped it up as close to home as I could.

Hope everyone gets out today!

I will be back out there tonight working the 2 a days to allow for a few days off so I can stick with my swim focus and get my key bike sessions in.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
First run done nice and slow this week after my car accident. Neck felt good but the knee a little squirelly for lack of a better word. Not as fast as I been training but watch out in coming weeks. Hoping this challenge gets me to the 6 min20 sec mile for a 5k. My goal is to run a 19 min 5k and a 42 minute 10k after riding 27 miles and swimming 1500 meters from this challenge.2 years ago was lucky if I did a 29 min. 5k.

GAME ON !

"100 bottles of beer on the wall, knock one down pass it around ,how many bottles of beer on the wall, 99 bottles of beer on the wall."

Quote | Reply
First run in the back, now only 99 more to go!

I might of missed it but are we just logging our "Goal Level" ourselves in the Goal section of the training log?

Thanks
Ewan

Ewan

-------------------------

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What a day to start: - 18F in Denver last night. Looks like the treadmill and I will really get to know each other!!

Good luck to all.

DB
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [_EH_] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
For now, unfortunately, you have to log your goal in your own "goals" and they will not show up in the roll up. I am still hoping that we can get that updated at some point budget and scope of work permitting. It has to be a mechanism that works across all ST challenges.
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [Dbeitel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
What a day to start: - 18F in Denver last night. Looks like the treadmill and I will really get to know each other!!

Good luck to all.

DB
You wuss. I used to run 5am x-country workouts at Western State (Up in Gunnison). Just add some face covering, gloves and an extra pair of sweats. You'll be fine... :D

John

Top notch coaching: Francois and Accelerate3 | Follow on Twitter: LifetimeAthlete |
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
no problem, I am pretty sure ever will be tracking their goal progress either way
I am just deciding on a distance goal for the challenge, I've got the frequency one figured out...;-)
Ewan

Ewan

-------------------------

Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [Devlin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yea I know !!! What I did not care to add until now is that I'm still getting over my Christmas Cold - you know the kind where you blow out chunks of green and RED stuff o-) It never ceases to amaze me how much stuff can come out of a nose.

DB
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am in for sure....ran the last 25 days in prep for this ....its been bitter here in Northern Alberta at -30C without the wind chill factored in!
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [trvfsub2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Suck it up, it is -44c here with the windchill today.........thank goodness for the work treadmills, the home treadmill and the 160m track at my gym. I can do this!

tfun~
Same temps here! I don't have the home treadmill but I guess I'll make do with the indoor track and the treadies at the gym. I was kind of on the fence about joining, but I'll try it and see what happens.

Edit: -32C without windchill here this morning too.
Last edited by: Micawber: Dec 15, 08 8:37
Quote Reply

Prev Next