Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am comparing my weekly mileages for running. It certainly is hard to stick by the 10% rule with this 100/100 challenge! I'm happy with the 3.5-4 mile treadmill runs after I finish my bicycle/trainier rides.
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [GOKARTN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
WTF....every time I organize a challenge it seems the weather starts to really suck around here....another 20 cm of snow on the way, high winds and bone chilling minus 16 this morning....this seven sucks for XC skiing. OK, I guess I just used up my rant of the day. Better go out and run now while there is some semblance of "footing" as I will spend the rest of the day shovelling snow anyway!
Quote Reply
December 21 [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
solstice run!

10 mi - 80:30, treadmill (it's -6* in Maine today) at 2% incline.

Taking my brother to Portland today so he can fly to Mexico for a month long rock climbing trip. I hope I have time to shop for new run shoes.

6/7

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i feel for you guys, ben great in NC this past week with daytime highs in the 60's very good running weather in the mornings except for trying to run post all the holiday parties.....20 miles on Sat after a few too many adult beverages made it tough every step of the way.....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We did the Mora MN race last year at -15°F and 15 mph winds. I think I used CH4 wax that day, and everything worked out just fine. It's never that windy in the trees. Get out there and ski.....besides, who's dumb idea was it to do this 100/100 thing anyway?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
At 9:15 there were just scant flurries, ten minutes later it was a full-scale blizzard, and by the time I drove to my chosen running site, most of the road was drifts. Here in the flat farmlands of eastern Ontario, the wind can become quite the impediment to progress. Slogged my way for 5.6 km, 32 minutes, at a pedestrian 5:44/km pace --- but that's makes 7 down and only 93 to go, and I feel great about having it in the books and out of the way.

The trick now is to decide whether to do two or three easy shovels, or one miserably tough one. This storm is supposed to last all day, and I think into the evening, so I have lots of toime to stare out the window and wring my hands. It doesn't help that our driveway is long, and unpaved with many "undulations" that serve as speed bumps for shovels. Rats.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
WTF....every time I organize a challenge it seems the weather starts to really suck around here....another 20 cm of snow on the way, high winds and bone chilling minus 16 this morning....this seven sucks for XC skiing. OK, I guess I just used up my rant of the day. Better go out and run now while there is some semblance of "footing" as I will spend the rest of the day shovelling snow anyway!
That may qualify as a whine instead of a rant. Pending a judges ruling, you should still have a rant due. ;)
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [Whitenose] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've done my share of Start Green/CH3 races took, so I know what you mean. I did go out and ran for 45 minutes after the plow went by my road and got all of 9k done. As for skiing today, my options are to walk over to the golf course in high winds or a whiteout, or drive 60 min to ski the trails (normally it would be a 25 min drive) and thrash through ungroomed stuff. Since I have the next 2 weeks off, no need to figure out how to get more training done today....45 min run+45 min roller workout was plenty.

Dev
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
See: Cry like a little biatch here

Just kidding man. I couldn't imagine trying to run in that crap. I get ancy about little patches of black ice on the greenway whenever it gets below freezing here. I'm very glad we don't have that weather down here.

-Jason

I believe cars are the new second hand smoke. -Dave Zabriskie
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
7 days down and 7 runs in the books. Kept most of the runs to the bare minimum to help ease into this. Starting in week two, I plan to add about 5 mins to each run. Now if we could just get rid of these storms, I could go back to running outside.

What!? I'm not being a wuss; I'm keeping myself heat acclimated for a week of running in the Caribbean. Honest!

Count me in if the decision is made to get T-shirts/cycling jerseys made.

John

===
"I eased off a bit. It never feels like you are easing off. More like you just stake out your place in the pain cave and sit there rather than venturing deeper inside..." -- Rappstar
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [Croptop] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
5.5 mi today for my longest run of the challenge so far..in the rain! i felt like such a badass, granted theres no snow to run through here but i'll take what is thrown at me and run through it
7/7
still cautiously optomistic for 100

-----------------------------------------------------------
Yes. Always punch people in the face when their interests are different than yours. There can be no other way.
-one_lap
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [seanathan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
7/7 here too... Did a 10 miler this morning. My longest yet... Now I'm at about 33% of the mileage some of these cats are putting in. Lol.

Oh well.

--
MyGearGarage - Track all your gear!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wow. I ran in a blizzard in Ottawa this morning for just over 20km. My average pace sure took a hit on this one. I still managed 4:40ks when it was all said and done, but that may have been one of the toughest/epic runs in recent memory.

This is the first time I've run 7 days in a row this year - so far so good.

Got a little behind over the last few days of work trying to get everything wrapped before 2 weeks off. That is behind me now, and Sat, drove from NorCal to SocCal. Got out for a 7.11 mile run this afternoon with my daughter and my wife. We all had a great time! Socal is beautiful right now with the surrounding mountains dusted in snow.
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [bonesbrigade] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
7 out of 7 for me too and I am sure the 1st time in my life certainly that I can remember.
Spent an hour on the beach building sandcastles with my son then my wife drove home and I ran.
30 degC.
Yep! Southern hemisphere!

http://www.speedsnakecoaching.com
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [Speedsnake] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am now in Columbia, SC for the holidays and did my first run here this morning. I might run again this afternoon to add one more to the bank as the weather is getting crappier tonight and tomorrow. By Tuesday you it should be back up to 60 (like today) and by Christmas eve it'll be up to 70 degrees. :-)
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [gamebofh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I plan to speed up half way through, but due to a general lack of running I know i will get an injury sooner or later, so am taking it easy. I also have a problem in that I actually have no idea how far I am running, my last 5 runs have been totally new routes for me, and I have no means of measuring the distance, so I am just logging all my runs at 10km/h.

I need a new battery for my polar foot sensor but have not yet to be able to find one.
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [garageman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I also have a problem in that I actually have no idea how far I am running, my last 5 runs have been totally new routes for me, and I have no means of measuring the distance, so I am just logging all my runs at 10km/h.
Take a look at MapMyRun.com or GMapPedometer. You can plot out your run to figure out how far you went.

Doesn't the Polar foot sensor just use 'AAA' batteries?

John

===
"I eased off a bit. It never feels like you are easing off. More like you just stake out your place in the pain cave and sit there rather than venturing deeper inside..." -- Rappstar
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [bonesbrigade] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They must do a much better job of removing the snow in Ottawa than they do around Belleville if you were able to average 4:40/km in this crap. My brother and I did 20k this morning and everywhere we ran ... roads, sidewalks, trails, ....... had 6 inches of loose snow on it. My Garmin had our pace jumping all over the place from 7:30/mile up to 9:00. The run took 1:45 which would usually have me getting in an extra 3-4k or so in the same amount of time. At least it was better than running on a treadmill :)

I noticed someone had a 100 mile week in week 1. That is impressive or crazy depending on how you look at it :)
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [Allan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just finished my first outside run of the 100/100. BIG mistake. 7*F weather with a windchill of god knows what. Yeah yeah tell me to HTFU, I dont care. None of my races will be in this weather. I'll stick to the YMCA until it gets at least above 32 with little/no wind. 5/7 this week (finals week)...going to do some doubles to make up for it in these next 3 weeks of winter break.

I miss my treadmill... :(
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [Allan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, we stuck to major roads where plows had already gone by - it was a little slick but not too bad in that respect. The pace was about as fast as I could go without slipping on the push-off. There would have been major diminishing returns trying to go any quicker. The worst part was the blowing snow in the face, and the lack of visibility.

Anyone putting in a 100mile week at the beginning is either a really high mileage runner, or totally crazy.

Allan and Bones, the person who ran the 100 mile week is Brian Lafleur...you can pull up his results on sporstats, but Bizzy has either improved his fitness substantially, or is asking for trouble in a few weeks :-)

Given that I am off work for 2 weeks, I packed up my run after 45 minutes covering all of 9K...it just was not worth it "fighting the elements" as I have 2 weeks to do pretty well as much training as I desire.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Phew ... 7/7 ... 25 cm snowstorm ... hargh ...

http://www.facebook.com/...9da&id=576852750

Just after having a heavy supper at a fancy restaurant ... why ho god why ! ... <small violin>

David

----
Yes, i run in AdiStar Racers all thru winter ... they are green-fluorescent ... so what !
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [Croptop] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Or he can do the same in the route feature of the ST training log: http://training.slowtwitch.com/newroute

/Petter
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
lol... I'm also doing the december run challenge so my mileage has been 70, and 90 the first two weeks of December... Lots of two-a-days work well and my recovery is spot on... fitness HAS significantly improved Dev... Thanks. I'm up to about 440km in Dec and feeling fresh as a daisy.
Quote Reply

Prev Next