Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [Chris G] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I ran with Andy_L today... I was not the guy who got the frostbite. I had a balaclava on. I loved the run. I don't seem to mind the cold. Makes it feel more rewarding. I look forward to this challenge but I'm also doing the Canadian Ski Marathon so I doubt I'll get in as much running as most of you. I'll ski one day, run the next and then rest and start again.
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't want to look ahead too far, but what are the chances you think we could make shirts available for purchase at the end of the Challenge? Perhaps they could say something like: Slowtwitch 100 Day Run Challenge Platinum Member?

Quote | Reply
How about "I ran for 100 days and all I got was this lousey tee shirt" ;-)

This is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time. - Fight Club
Industry Brat.
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [waitebe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cool idea, something like this maybe? :

------------------------------
Another IM in 2016 - hopefully..
Last edited by: islandman: Dec 21, 08 9:44
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [Ti T'war] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I like the "I ran for a 100 lousy days"

Maybe we should have a bike jersey done up which says, "I ran for 100 days last winter.....give me the bike back!!!"

Since I am 4K ahead of my desired 70K per week pace, I get to take today and maybe even tomorrow off running....will focus on XC skiing now.

Dev
Last edited by: devashish_paul: Dec 20, 08 6:22
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Guys...check this out, you're all getting Chick'd big time...this girl is running a half marathon every day, plus another "filler run" all at 4:30 per K average pace:
If you're wondering where this data comes from, you just need to click on all the participants' names and you can see their profile and what workout they are doing...but I thought this 4 day block was worth promoting!!!!

triple zero
Thursday, Dec 18, 2008 Run 35 min 39 sec, 5.0 mi Sore. Thursday mornings are the worst. Run 1 hr 35 min 12 sec, 13.0 mi Did my ten-mile route, then tacked on the Raymerville loop (3 miles). A bit out of it during the first few miles due to a late afternoon nap, but I eventually felt better. Wednesday, Dec 17, 2008 Run 34 min 45 sec, 5.0 mi A bit too quick. Had to leap over a few snowbanks. Run 1 hr 43 min, 13.7 mi 33 warm up, 5 X 1 mile w/ 1 min rest (6:24, 6:26, 6:11, 5:58, 6:11), 6 strides in the high school parking lot, 32 cool down. Felt awful during the first two intervals, but the last three were a bit better. Tuesday, Dec 16, 2008 Run 36 min 14 sec, 5.0 mi Morning run. Less wind this morning, but a bit stiff from the hills last night. Run 1 hr 24 min 53 sec, 12.0 mi Good run. Some stomach issues, but kept up a solid pace. Monday, Dec 15, 2008 Run 1 hr 40 min, 13.2 mi 33 up, 12 X 45 sec. hard, 90 sec. easy on Emerson Hill, 40 down. Windy! Tough but managed to recover well after each hill. Run 36 min 16 sec, 5.0 mi Morning shakeout run. Warm, got to wear shorts!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
triple zero.......double days....ouch. Do you have a marathon coming up?

Dev, Once I get on the bike I might have to have to add a double day.

13.25 miles in 1:27:34, Hr @ 1:38....brrrr chilly for a californian

Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [rocklinwoody] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Minus 30 in the "sunny" Okanagan this morning. I have no problem saying that I skipped my morning run in favour of an afternoon treadmill session.

===============
Proud member of the MSF (Maple Syrup Mafia)
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [rocklinwoody] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This morning 30 min roller ride+18K skate ski....it was only minus 17 :-). This afternoon 2 hour classic ski....no running.

TripleZero is really putting the hurt on and she's not exactly shuffling either...check out all the intensity in those workouts. Actually I like her 45 seconds on 90 seconds off...I do a variant of this through all my long Ironman training to keep some semblance of leg speed when I am not doing intervals, usually ending every run with 10 min of accelerating to a sprint on the 60 for 20 seconds and cruising for the next 40. Good to keep your form at the end of long runs too cause you can't accelerate to full speed without good technique.

Dev
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'll be at 70 mi for the week after tomorrow's medium long run. That's up a bit from what I've been doing. Feeling pretty good. Did some strides after my morning run and had nice turn over. I'm planning to hit my biggest week the week of Jan 19. 2 holidays, MLK day and Inauguration Day (i live just outside of D.C.). Then I'll settle back to more normal load. I've got a 10K race new year's day. No taper for that one.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
-19C and awful footing for the run today. It was my 50th straight day of running (I started on Nov. 1 just for fun!) and 52nd run in that same timeframe.
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [Allan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
10 this morning on the greenway. about 55 F and a tad foggy. Very nice morning for a run though. I'm now 5/6

-Jason

I believe cars are the new second hand smoke. -Dave Zabriskie
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dev, I call those hard easy sessions ins and outs. I usually do a 2 mile set of 30"/ 30" in lieu of strides prior to an interval workout. It is a great way to get turnover, speed, and recovery all in one clump.

-17 ughhh. I would drop out of the 100/100 if I had that weather. You guys are tough.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i don't know how you guys run in the cold, i couldnt make it 2 days like that
this morning ran 4 mi with my dog, it was 30F and I was cold

-----------------------------------------------------------
Yes. Always punch people in the face when their interests are different than yours. There can be no other way.
-one_lap
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [seanathan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
20 deg F and a 20mph wind coming off the lake tonight. It was nice on the way out but running into it on the way home was not fun.

I stopped to help an old lady get her car unstuck from deep snow in the median. I can't exactly describe what running on legs after trying to dead lift a 2006 honda civic feel like - Interesting, not in a good way. getting my heart rate back down to a manageable level seemed to take forever. of course this was into said headwind.

I hope I can still count the run since I did technically stop running for about 5-10 min as I pushed the car out. I kept my HR up so I figure I was still good, and I counted the time against my average pace ;-).

Industry Brat.
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [Ti T'war] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Being a Qr guy I vote to let your run count! But I am a bit biased since i have A Qr. You should get a free day for helping a old lady.

Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [bmanners] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cold front's moving through tonight. I will awaken to temperatures in the mid-high 30s and it's only supposed to get to 62 for a high.

So today was the last of the current muggy days with bonus extra fog. I think visiblity was a half mile tops this afternoon. Weirdest sight in the mist was the guy taking his ferret out on a leash for a walk along the nature trail.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I hope I can still count the run since I did technically stop running for about 5-10 min as I pushed the car out. I kept my HR up so I figure I was still good, and I counted the time against my average pace ;-).
I dunno . . . was there ever any point when you were lifting the car in which both of your feet left the ground?

-----
Over 4.5 years bike crash free.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
20 deg F and a 20mph wind coming off the lake tonight. It was nice on the way out but running into it on the way home was not fun.

I stopped to help an old lady get her car unstuck from deep snow in the median. I can't exactly describe what running on legs after trying to dead lift a 2006 honda civic feel like - Interesting, not in a good way. getting my heart rate back down to a manageable level seemed to take forever. of course this was into said headwind.

I think it depends on whether both feet left the ground. ;)

I'm sucking, taking finals and packing to move have taken a toll on my consistency (I know, I know, cry like a biatch thread) I'll just have to plan to double up in late Jan / early Feb to catch up!

"Wow, are you a triathlete?"
If spoken by a non-swimmer, that's a compliment. When spoken by a swimmer.... -glitch
My wife's blog http://www.hostilewit.com
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [kevinp01] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We have to be consistent with the rules....if you exercise for 30 minutes of which 20 minutes is running and 10 min is deadlifts, then it is only 20 min of running. Take the 20 min and tack it on to your last run, or go out for another 10 mintues today to get credit for a full run. Thanks for helping the lady in her civic, but we can't count your good samaritan time as running time. You still get credit for those 20 minutes, just not for a full run....sorry :-(.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
His total time for that was 45 minutes. If he ran for 15, helped her for 10, ran another 15, he's ok. :)

I would like to take this time to bitch at RBR, oceanswimmer and garageman. You three people
are pissing me off. I figured I had a shot at the "most time for the least distance" or "slowest of the
people on track" but all three of you are kicking my rear. Please either run faster or run less.

On an unrelated note, Devlin is getting a good old fashion AZ whuppin! That boy had better stop
crying into his beer about getting old and knock out some more runs. :)

-Jot
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
OK I'll take the 5 min off the run (which ended up being a 45min run) at least that will make the pace better.

Industry Brat.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Suggestion for a new thread topic:

"Does lifting cars make you faster?"

-----
Over 4.5 years bike crash free.
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [xraycharlie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Alternative book titles from Ti Twar:

"I was lifting weights: How to translate cars to finishing time?"
"I went to lift a car, and my right leg was stronger than my left: Time for PowerCranks?"
"It's all about preparation: The difference between deadlifting an Accord and a Camry"

-Jot
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [gamebofh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In the ST training log there is a category called "other" in which you can insert "car deadlifting" workouts. The 100/100 challenge unfortunately does not pick up workouts from the "other" category, just running over 30 min.
Quote Reply

Prev Next