Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [Moonover] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Aren't you suppose to work?!!! And MSN status at busy... ;)

Richard

"You're only young once, but you can be immature forever" - Larry Andersen
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [rferron] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm busy taking my break and seeking out motivation ... My msn status is alway "Busy" you stalker ! Go run, do something other than staring at my msn status ... freak ;)

David

----
Yes, i run in AdiStar Racers all thru winter ... they are green-fluorescent ... so what !
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [JoeO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My point is to ease into things with mileage that your body is accustomed to dealing with and graduallly ramp. Think of this like an Ironman and you are barely getting going on lap1 of the swim...how hard do you want to go????...forget about that bad example, I'm talking to trigeeks who think that in lap 1 of the swim they are in the middle of a Phelps vs Cavic drag race....and then they blow up 2/3 the way through the bike ride even before they get to the marathon!
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [slowbern] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey guys...I just realized that everyone has been really good and I have not needed to do the daily rant!!! Does this mean that I can carry over today's quota and have 2 rants tomorrow, or is it like unused vacation time at the end of the fiscal year...use it or lose it? Just checking in as there are no clear rules on rant frequency/carry overs...
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You can have two rants in one day as long as they are at least one hour apart, and both hands leave the keyboard at the same time.

--
MyGearGarage - Track all your gear!
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [mrtrik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
what about voice recognition based rants...with both hands off keyboard...is this like race walking?
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll admit I'm sort of taking the opposite approach. I plan on getting in 3-4 days a week of 2 a days (at 3-4 miles each) for the frist 2-3 weeks, so when I start the more structured tri training I can skip a day if it's not in my training plan. If I do 2 a days, one run is nice and easy, the other might be easy, hills, or tempo work. But they are mostly still only 3-4 miles each. But i know this type of mileage is something I can do.

the good thing is my speed is coming back a lot quicker than thought it would.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't know. Reparto has his pace down to 1:55 miles. Perhaps no one told him it wasn't
a biking challenge? :)

Today was my first day to go out and run a course, as opposed to getting in my time.
Felt good to ignore time and settle back into fixating on HR. :)

-Jot
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [gamebofh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm going to hazard a guess and say he hit 44 with the intent of just "4" ... at least based on his previous 2 runs... I'm sure he'll correct it.

--
MyGearGarage - Track all your gear!
Last edited by: mrtrik: Dec 18, 08 11:53
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Hey guys...I just realized that everyone has been really good and I have not needed to do the daily rant!!! Does this mean that I can carry over today's quota and have 2 rants tomorrow, or is it like unused vacation time at the end of the fiscal year...use it or lose it? Just checking in as there are no clear rules on rant frequency/carry overs...

Never did get that ruling on jazzercise classes?

Regardless I think that unless there is more than an hour between rants and they last for more than 30 minutes each, you can never accumulate more than one rant a day ;-)
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [Chris G] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think you mean less than 1 hour between rants? Please clarify so that i can milk the rules to the max benefit!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I think you mean less than 1 hour between rants? Please clarify so that i can milk the rules to the max benefit!!!
You are the creator. Different rules apply, you only need two minutes between each rant. Double points if you rant while running.

John

Top notch coaching: Francois and Accelerate3 | Follow on Twitter: LifetimeAthlete |
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It counts as one rant unless each individual rant lasts for more than 30 minutes and there are at least 60 minutes between the end of one rant and the start of the next. I think that in order for a rant to be considered complete, the message must be posted and/or the verbal tirade ended for 30 seconds and the ranters heart rate must be below 70 bpm...

On second thought, as this is ST and we all have resting HR's below 40 maybe I need to reconsider the second criteria ;-)
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [Devlin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
In Reply To:
Double points if you rant while running.
If he can rant while he's running then he's not running fast enough.

John

===
"I eased off a bit. It never feels like you are easing off. More like you just stake out your place in the pain cave and sit there rather than venturing deeper inside..." -- Rappstar
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [Croptop] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Run # 6 in the books. 96 days to go but only 94 runs. :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
4/4 for me so far, and though I feel like I should be running more or faster I have to reel myself in and look at 100 days rather than 7.
I'm cautiously optomistic right now that I can make it through. I'm thinking about tacking on 10 minutes to every run every 2 weeks

-----------------------------------------------------------
Yes. Always punch people in the face when their interests are different than yours. There can be no other way.
-one_lap
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey Dev

First, thanks for working this out. I appreciate your hard work.

But I do have a problem, my name is not on the challange any more !!! It was yesterday, but when I when I went to log in and check today's run, I'm gone!!!

I don't think I did anything wrong !
Can you help me?

Thanks

DB

edit: Seems to be working now, if you did anything - thanks!
Last edited by: Dbeitel: Dec 18, 08 14:22
Quote Reply
Will there be stats for the 100 runs in 100 days? [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We can get max and min by sorting the columns. It would be interesting to see avgs. of the columns and any other stats you think would be useful.

Thanks.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn." - Charles De Mar
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Little problem entering the data today. I've done 2 runs today (commuting morning and evening). First run entered no problem, second run did not appear in the timeline. Did it again, not better. Try one more time, still no luck. Fed up I went on the challenge page to have a look and it was showing 8 runs for me when it should have shown 6 runs. I managed to look in the tab 'workout' and found that I had entered 3 times the same run even if they did not show up in the time line window. I've deleted the 2 false repeats ;). Now on the time line I see for today 1 swim (correct) but none of my 2 runs who do appear in the workout window. It was easy to spot with small numbers of runs, but easy to miss later on. I thought it could be a delay thing, but after few hours no change. Any idea how to fix it and see all the workouts appear in the time line?

Francois-Xavier Li @FrancoisLi
"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." George Bernard Shaw
http://www.swimrunfrance.fr
http://www.worldofswimrun.com
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [Fix] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had the same problem this AM trying to put my cycling workout in. Let me go add my swim and see what it does.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [Fix] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had a similar problem with my workouts yesterday. I posted something in the development forum under Training Log Question/Problem. You might want to reply to the person in the thread who was looking into it and let him know your issues.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This just in... I am officially HARDCORE!

I usually take it easy over the winter but thanks to Dev's Challenge, i thought i would give this a try and see how much running i could do this winter.

I just got back from a run i would never have thought of doing before. it was -20 degrees C out, my feet didn't touch any pavement, just snow and ice on the trails, with a few river crossings. Thought i was being stalked by a cougar at one point but it was just some Ice collapsing behind me! Beautiful sunset. Thank goodness for my Yak Trax.

Now i will wait an hour before heading to the pool for another 30 min tread run followed by our masters swimming group year end races and party.

My goals for this challenge - use it to help lose 20 lbs, and reach the Bronze level

Scott in Whistler
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [mrtrik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"I'm going to hazard a guess and say he hit 44 with the intent of just "4" ... at least based on his previous 2 runs... I'm sure he'll correct it."

You are correct. The training log is very slow when logging in workouts. Apparently I held the key down too long and a 4 mile run became 44 miles. It has been corrected.
Last edited by: Reparto Corse: Dec 18, 08 17:10
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The timeline is based on a web service that seems to be having some issues (it's currently down). I will have to redo some things to run the timeline off the slowtwitch servers. Not sure when I can have this done, hopefully the timeline service will be back up soon.

/Petter
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [KPI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm in at 3 for 4 now with almost 33 mins in the dark tonight. Stomach issues like woah after big party night last night

-Jason

I believe cars are the new second hand smoke. -Dave Zabriskie
Quote Reply

Prev Next