Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

** CRITIQUE MY FIT **
Quote | Reply
I posted some of my race photos a week ago and you guys gave me some pointers so I use those and adjusted a few things on my bike. I made this video I would greatly appreciate it if you would take a look and give me some pointers on what I can improve and things that I should look for and make changes. Thank you guys for all your help

https://vimeo.com/189864121?ref=em-share
Quote Reply
Re: ** CRITIQUE MY FIT ** [mbecks2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
just my two cents

saddle up 5mm
longer stem 1cm
tilt armrest 3 degrees up

next time you do a video put your head in the postion as if you are looking down the road
Last edited by: Constantine: Nov 1, 16 17:11
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
your bike is too small.

but other than that, i think your saddle could go up 5-10mm, forward 2-3cm (if that's REALLY where you sit on your saddle all the time) and your arm pads could extend (reach increased) probably 5+ cm.
Quote Reply
Re: ** CRITIQUE MY FIT ** [Constantine] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Okay thank you. Cant move stem on Vuka Stealth could I move the seat back to compensate that?
Quote Reply
Re: ** CRITIQUE MY FIT ** [James Haycraft] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Okay felt the same on saddle height but seat is almost all the way forward right now. I wanted to move it back could that help?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No, you should not adjust saddle fore/aft to compensate for your reach problems. You will only create other problems. My opinion: change aerobars.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
can you move the armrest forward?

what is the saddle set back(+/-)?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Okay but what will 1 cm get me that I don't have now? I don't feel uncomfortable on it and not really open to changing aerobars unless they are creating a big problem
Quote Reply
Re: ** CRITIQUE MY FIT ** [Constantine] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I could move armrests. Setback from hips to bb center is roughly 6.5 inch
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sorry, I thought you asked for a critique.

What will you get with increasing your reach is sustained comfort and power all in a very aerodynamic position once you've practiced it enough. But maybe you have enough of that already. It depends on what races you're doing, how good of a cyclist you are, how good of a cyclist you want to be, your injury history, your component selection, your head position, your upper body relaxation, your ability to engage your core and rotate your hips, your pelvic position...I could go on.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Definitely interested in the critique but would like to improve my position aerodynamically without spending money. I feel comfortable on it and produce power fairly well. Couldn't I extend reach by moving armrests and extension bars out?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes, I would start there
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
See attached photo for fore-aft position isn't my knee too far forward?

http://oi68.tinypic.com/9qi7ip.jpg
Last edited by: mbecks2: Nov 1, 16 17:53
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Here's a second video after adjusting my seat post up. I also noticed I wasn't sitting on the saddle like I do outside on the first video so I adjusted that. I also extended my arms more forward.

I feel like my saddle is way to far forward but maybe I'm wrong. I'll attach a pic of the seat post and where the saddle is on it now all the way forward.

New Video: https://vimeo.com/189872572?ref=em-share

Seatpost pic: http://oi64.tinypic.com/2cy19oo.jpg
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Anyone have anything to offer other than telling me to replace my bike and aerobars? lol
Quote Reply